Autistic Child :o)~ Got to Love him

This forum is to jibber and jabber
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Autistic Child :o)~ Got to Love him

Post by jennifer stambersky »

i have a son whom has autism. his name is ian and he is 9 years old. his major disablities are... lack of- large motor skills- small motor skills-common sense- his annoying skills are (kiddingly) he offten fake laughs if you can imagine that and he is very forgetful in shorterm momery areas-forgets to turn off water after washing his hands- forgets to flush toilet and often forgets to PULL UP HIS PANTS LOL have to have humor when it comes to ian. he is TERRIFIED and i mean PETRIFIED of birds of all kinds but mostly geese and seagulls...with the lack of motor skill he can not peddle a bike- has a very difficult time throughing or catching balls- he is very very very clumsy and hehas a very very hard time buttening snaping and he cannot whats so ever tie his shoes or zip a zipper. now knowing all of this he also has momerizing many many things... books movies tv shows wrestling info and much more..he is 2 grades ahead and yes he is in a school for the autistic...well now i wil let anyone ask questions and i will answer and tell more later
megan kenny
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by megan kenny »

hi jennifer
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

welcome megan glad your here
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

what is it about the zipper does he not register?
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

just that the muscles in his figers canot grip small ojects well
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

You say he's two years ahead so in certain areas that don't require motor schools he's very bright?
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote:You say he's two years ahead so in certain areas that don't require motor schools he's very bright?

you wouldent reall be able to tell he was autistic until someone told you, he does have too much energy though :(
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote: you wouldent reall be able to tell he was autistic until someone told you, he does have too much energy though :(
Every single 9 yr old I've met has too much energy. Seriously :shock:
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote:
Every single 9 yr old I've met has too much energy. Seriously :shock:
that is unfortunately true :P
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

he is very smart... he has ticks though.. not the bug.. physical ticks.. like he flaps his hands...jumps up and down excessivly...and sometime both at the same time... he also sqeezes his shoulders with is hands hard to explane but look very strange when he does it and he does it ALOT his whole body shakes when he does it because he does it so hard.... he also make a strange humming sound repetivly (drive me nuts) but what can ya do right lol he does not always get the concept of a joke or if he sees something funny,veryone laughs he fake laughs alongthen aks whats so funny about that mom
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

jennifer stambersky wrote:he is very smart... he has ticks though.. not the bug.. physical ticks.. like he flaps his hands...jumps up and down excessivly...and sometime both at the same time... he also sqeezes his shoulders with is hands hard to explane but look very strange when he does it and he does it ALOT his whole body shakes when he does it because he does it so hard.... he also make a strange humming sound repetivly (drive me nuts) but what can ya do right lol he does not always get the concept of a joke or if he sees something funny,veryone laughs he fake laughs alongthen aks whats so funny about that mom
I know ticks are common with autism. When you explain the jokes to him does he get them?
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

no most of the time no he doesnt but he trys hard to fit and pretend like he does. when he turned 2 he had memorized over 100 childrens chunky book no kidding he could count to 100 backwards and forwards...say his abcs BACKWARDS AND FORWARDS he knew all his colors and shapes including octigon and pentigon ect... he knew names of around 50 diff animals and what sounds they make...he knew how to use a computer and used to change my pixels all the time lol but he was more like 4 at that time he knew all of that but if you asked him his name or how old he was or how he was he would just star off into space i will tell you all more next time
megan kenny
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by megan kenny »

hi are you on
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

yes i am are you still on???
MZJENNAY

Post by MZJENNAY »

is ian a savant? does he have extra musical or mathamatical skills? how doed he respond to music or televison?
btw
really great of you to educate
JENN