Vacation

This forum is to jibber and jabber
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
My mom, dad, brother and his two girls went to the Dells last summer. They had a pretty good time. I drove through there myself on my way out west during the summer of 2002.
Ah but the big question is, would you want to go there for vacation? Where would you ideal vacation place be?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:
My mom, dad, brother and his two girls went to the Dells last summer. They had a pretty good time. I drove through there myself on my way out west during the summer of 2002.
Ah but the big question is, would you want to go there for vacation? Where would you ideal vacation place be?
Hmm. I've been to all 50 states (multiple times for some of them) and I've been to the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.

So... my ideal vacation spot... how about Guatemala, I hear that the weather is warm and there are people there for me to beat in tennis :twisted:

Actually, I guess I would like to go on one of those tours that visits 13 European countries, hitting most of the major sites. I would also like to go back to Australia and visit the Western part (Perth) and maybe spend a few more days in New Zealand.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Oh and I've been all over Canada as well, except for Newfoundland and the Territories. I've been to Mexico too, but only Tijuana. I wouldn't mind seeing Mayan Pyramids and other places in Central America.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:Oh and I've been all over Canada as well, except for Newfoundland and the Territories. I've been to Mexico too, but only Tijuana. I wouldn't mind seeing Mayan Pyramids and other places in Central America.
Central America is very pretty and the Mayan Ruins are truly cool. This country is so tiny really and spans bothe coasts that it's fairly easy to see. Nicaragua is a little more virgin though. One thing I have to say right now about my town is that I think there are more tourists than latinos :shock:

Beat someone in tennis, indeed PffffffT
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

i think i'm going to the dells with korman over spring break :D
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

azianboi044 wrote:i think i'm going to the dells with korman over spring break :D
That's what Korman told us last night! Sounds like you guys are going to have a lot of fun!
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:Oh and I've been all over Canada as well, except for Newfoundland and the Territories. I've been to Mexico too, but only Tijuana. I wouldn't mind seeing Mayan Pyramids and other places in Central America.
Central America is very pretty and the Mayan Ruins are truly cool. This country is so tiny really and spans bothe coasts that it's fairly easy to see. Nicaragua is a little more virgin though. One thing I have to say right now about my town is that I think there are more tourists than latinos :shock:

Beat someone in tennis, indeed PffffffT
Maybe I'll get down there sometime and you can show me around. How long are you planning on staying in Guatemala? Permanently, a few years, indefinitely?
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
Maybe I'll get down there sometime and you can show me around. How long are you planning on staying in Guatemala? Permanently, a few years, indefinitely?
Well I'm building a house so I'd say for a while for sure!
I'd be happy to show you around. :D
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote: Well I'm building a house so I'd say for a while for sure!
I'd be happy to show you around. :D
You're building a house all by yourself? That's quite a project and must take up a lot of your time :twisted:

Seriously, though, congrats on the house and I hope it works out well for you. Central America is definitely a destination I've considered. I don't know when I'll fit it in. Christmas time might be the best, since it would give me a chance to get away from the cold weather, but then I'd have to limit the time to my vacation schedule.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
You're building a house all by yourself? That's quite a project and must take up a lot of your time :twisted:

Seriously, though, congrats on the house and I hope it works out well for you. Central America is definitely a destination I've considered. I don't know when I'll fit it in. Christmas time might be the best, since it would give me a chance to get away from the cold weather, but then I'd have to limit the time to my vacation schedule.
Yes Kurt, I'm building the house with my own two very beaten hands. That's why it STILL isn't finished. I STILL have the kitchen in the ceramics room because the kitchen isn't finished and I still don't have a living room.

Only kidding of course except about all the parts that aren't finished.
Christmas is iffy, because I may go home to see some family.I still have no idea that far ahead. Don't teachers have summer vacations?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:

Yes Kurt, I'm building the house with my own two very beaten hands. That's why it STILL isn't finished. I STILL have the kitchen in the ceramics room because the kitchen isn't finished and I still don't have a living room.

Christmas is iffy, because I may go home to see some family.I still have no idea that far ahead. Don't teachers have summer vacations?
Yep, sure do. Last summer I went to the east coast and visited New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington D.C. and other places. In 2003, I went to San Diego/LA on 1 trip and Alaska on another. In 2002, I drove to Vancouver with stops in Milwaukee, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Fargo, Winnipeg, Calgary and Kamloops. I then went down to Seattle and returned via Portland, Boise, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, Des Moines and Chicago. In 2000, I drove to the northeast and visited Boston, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Maine, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Montreal, Ottawa, and Toronto.

I was kind of thinking of staying home this summer, but I may get the itch to travel and go somewhere.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
fluffy wrote: Yes Kurt, I'm building the house with my own two very beaten hands. That's why it STILL isn't finished. I STILL have the kitchen in the ceramics room because the kitchen isn't finished and I still don't have a living room.

Yep, sure do. Last summer I went to the east coast and visited New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington D.C. and other places. In 2003, I went to San Diego/LA on 1 trip and Alaska on another. In 2002, I drove to Vancouver with stops in Milwaukee, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Fargo, Winnipeg, Calgary and Kamloops. I then went down to Seattle and returned via Portland, Boise, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, Des Moines and Chicago. In 2000, I drove to the northeast and visited Boston, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Maine, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Montreal, Ottawa, and Toronto.

I was kind of thinking of staying home this summer, but I may get the itch to travel and go somewhere.
OOH how did you like Alaska? How did you like the Northeast?
I grew up in Connecticut, on Long Island Sound.
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

O THAT IS AWESOME SINCE WHEN DO WE HAVE OUR LITLE DUDES BELOW OUR AVATAR?
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

azianboi044 wrote:O THAT IS AWESOME SINCE WHEN DO WE HAVE OUR LITLE DUDES BELOW OUR AVATAR?
I just noticed it today, but only the big fish knows for sure! :D
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote: OOH how did you like Alaska? How did you like the Northeast?
I grew up in Connecticut, on Long Island Sound.
I really liked Alaska. I started out in Juneau for a couple of days and took a helicopter ride out to the glaciers. I then went by boat to Glacier Bay and went on two cruises, one to go to the glaciers and another to go whale watching and sight seeing. I flew to Anchorage for a couple of days and enjoyed the summer solstice festival there. Then I went by train to Denali Park and took an early morning tour of the park the ext day before heading to Fairbanks by train. I flew to Barrow on the Arctic Ocean for a day and then back to Fairbanks where I went on a riverboat tour and thenback home. It was about a 2 week trip overall.

I enjoyed the Northeast. Vermont and New Hampshire were very scenic. I was in Boston for the 4th of July and watched the Boston Pops give a free concert on the Esplanade. I really liked walking around the Freedom Trail in downtown Boston, thouhg I'm glad I didn't drive down there. I didn't spend much time in Connecticut on that trip, but my family used to go to Connecticut when I was a kid to visit one of my mom's friends.