Terrorism

This forum is to jibber and jabber
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Terrorism

Post by fluffy »

Okay, I guess what disturbs me about this second attempt in London is that, it's been two weeks since the last attack and I thought they started major security measures there so how were these explosives smuggled into the tubes again?
It just sounds like they haven't really taken steps to secure the subways.
You would think they would have to examine backpacks...?
Am I crazy?
Last edited by fluffy on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Terrorism

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Okay, I guess what disturbs me about this second attempt in London is that, it's been two weeks since the last attack and I thought they started major security measures there so how were these explosives smuggled into the tubes again?
It just sounds like they haven't really taken steps to secure the subways.
You would think they would have to examine backbacks...?
Am I crazy?
One problem might be is that so many people ride the buses and the subway that it is difficult to check everybody adequately. There are tons of checkpoints that would have to be set up and I doubt they have the manpower available and trained to do it for any real length of time.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

But at least around the central area, I would think that would be a priority. Maybe they don't have a surplus of sniffer dogs?

It seems to me that if terrorism is about binding people with fear, this was another nail in that kind of coffin.
I was just thinking about the high security in the airports in the States.
They even check the paintings I'm carrying with bomb detectors.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:But at least around the central area, I would think that would be a priority. Maybe they don't have a surplus of sniffer dogs?

It seems to me that if terrorism is about binding people with fear, this was another nail in that kind of coffin.
I was just thinking about the high security in the airports in the States.
They even check the paintings I'm carrying with bomb detectors.
There's a difference between airports and bus stations or subways, though. I think if you looked at security at the bus stations or subways in New York City for example, you wouldn't find an incredibly high level of security. I was there last summer and there was very little security, though I still felt safe enough. It's just too big a project. The airports are a much more finite resource, at least the major airports.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I think they did it agian because the first attack did not cause any economic problems. And I think they will fail again and will try to attack again
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:I think they did it agian because the first attack did not cause any economic problems. And I think they will fail again and will try to attack again
I think they're going to try again too. You think it's to cause economic problems and I think it's to create chaos and fear.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Its both but either way im getting sick of the way our goverment uses terr. as an excuse to take our freedom from us.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:Its both but either way im getting sick of the way our goverment uses terr. as an excuse to take our freedom from us.
What do you mean Dave? I'm not living there so I'm curious.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

There going to bring back the patriot act except now they will be able to look at our financial records with no reason at all for starters. and the act will now be permanent

http://www.eff.org/patriot/
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:There going to bring back the patriot act except now they will be able to look at our financial records with no reason at all for starters. and the act will now be permanent

http://www.eff.org/patriot/
Oh wow. That's scary