I present to you Legend of the Green Dragon

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I maxed out to level 15 attack and defense. I'm close to going up to level 13, but am busy accumulating gold and gems. I've paid 20 gems for the house so far with 10 to go plus the gold.
fluffy wrote:About your weapons, I have 10 attack, and 9 defense and I'm level 11 so I can't really find that there is a significant difference.
It's good that you put in a gem shop but I sure can't afford them.
Does it make any difference how long it takes you to pay off your house?
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

So what you're saying is wait til I have enough to go for the level 15 weapon and armor and go for it at one time?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:So what you're saying is wait til I have enough to go for the level 15 weapon and armor and go for it at one time?
That's what I did because every time I traded in, I was losing a little more on the one I just bought. Since I jumped from 10 to 15, I don't have to worry about upgrading anymore, at least for this round. I'm building the cashflow to pay off the house and am almost halfway there. I was thinking about buying a hat. I finally figured out how to access the items I was carrying by going to The Shop and selling them.

Dave, when you start over again after level 15 and killing the dragon, is it pretty much the same as the first time through, or are there different things to do.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Okay so you basically jumped from level 12 weaponry to 15. Where on earth are you getting all these gems and money? You're so good at this you scare me. Please help a little clan sister out.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Okay so you basically jumped from level 12 weaponry to 15. Where on earth are you getting all these gems and money? You're so good at this you scare me. Please help a little clan sister out.
I've been a bit lucky on gems. I've found the mine a few times. Usually I'll just get 100-200 gold, but one time I hit the mother lode and got around 400 gold and 5 gems. That was worth a forest fight. Other times they'll just turn up after a battle. Aurador's really racking up the gold. I've also answered the Riddle Gnome's riddles a couple of times, earning 2 gems each time.

You said something in a post about finding the caves and Starfire said she got killed by a minotaur there. Was this a Something Special event or something you can find like the back door to the Inn? or just something you made up
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

and speaking of good, look how far along Dave is... with both of his characters. My second character is up to level 8 at least, which isn't too bad.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Okay I get it. I've only had the chance to go to the mines twice and once came up with nothing. I never found the caves myself but it's true that Starfire was killed by a minotaur in the caves. I saw it on the news and I imagine it was a special event.
As far as aurador racking up the gold I think it's because he gets himself killed several times in each gameday.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Okay I get it. I've only had the chance to go to the mines twice and once came up with nothing. I never found the caves myself but it's true that Starfire was killed by a minotaur in the caves. I saw it on the news and I imagine it was a special event.
As far as aurador racking up the gold I think it's because he gets himself killed several times in each gameday.
probably. I've actually done that a couple of times after I ran out of turns. I'd use up my travels and find monsters to battle. Wehn you come back, you get around 5 extra turns and all of your buffs are back as well. - regeneration or whatever. I gave a gem to a fairy and she increased my hit points by 1. The next time I gave her a gem, she gave me extra awareness and I found 2 gems, so that was cool.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Kurt, I could have killed you tonight. I was looking at the PVP option and it directed me to you sleeping in the fields in Glorfindal.
I didn't think that would have helped our relationship. :P
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Kurt, I could have killed you tonight. I was looking at the PVP option and it directed me to you sleeping in the fields in Glorfindal.
I didn't think that would have helped our relationship. :P
I lost all of my remaining travels running away from a fight on my way back to Degolberg and got stuck in Glorfindal. I didn't really have much choice, but to stay there for the night. I figured I was fairly safe at Level 13, but again didn't have a choice in the matter
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Well it just directed me to kill Thorn in the woods in Degolbug...you guys are lucky it's me.
The one I'd love to find is Aurador aka Lazarus.
Dave who is Starfire? Which VA poster?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Well it just directed me to kill Thorn in the woods in Degolbug...you guys are lucky it's me.
The one I'd love to find is Aurador aka Lazarus.
Dave who is Starfire? Which VA poster?
Congrats on level 13 fluffy. I was almost up to enough experience to go for level 14 when I died in the forest. I still had 9-10 turns left so I was mad. I then died in the graveyard and didn't have any favor so I was done. Now I have over 2000 experience to go to be able to try for level 14. grrrr.....

At least I almost have enough for my house...
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Oh what a bummer being killed in the Graveyard!
I hate that! Especially when you had all those turns. How did you get killed? I presume you have all the regenerative pluses I've got. It's hard for me to die unless I don't use them.
I've got 11 gems down on my house and half the money and I really don't want to sell my gelding for gems so I guess I'll just keep plodding along at two gems a day.
When does the dragon finally pop up? At level 15?
I'm dangerously addicted to this game. I'm a little worried about it.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Oh what a bummer being killed in the Graveyard!
I hate that! Especially when you had all those turns. How did you get killed? I presume you have all the regenerative pluses I've got. It's hard for me to die unless I don't use them.
I've got 11 gems down on my house and half the money and I really don't want to sell my gelding for gems so I guess I'll just keep plodding along at two gems a day.
When does the dragon finally pop up? At level 15?
I'm dangerously addicted to this game. I'm a little worried about it.
I'm addicted too. I've even been playing at school during my prep hour so I don't miss a game day. Since school is over soon, that won't be an issue anymore. I was talking to a few kids at school today who play a ton of Warcraft which I guess has a number of similarities to this game. You play online, but have to pay $15 per month.

I only had 15 favor and was getting hammered. I made the mistake of fleeing when I should have just let him kill me. Instead, I lost the 15 favor I had and couldn't restore my soul and continue to torment. I understand the graveyard better now. I had about 7-8 turns left today when I found the mine. Unfortunately, there was a cave-in and I died. Fortunately, the experience gave me 2600 experience points. After getting resurrected and battling I'm now over 30000 experience. I lost to my master, but he only had 4 life left when he beat me, so I think I'll when the next time we battle.

I almost have enough gold for the house, but need about 5 more gems. Harper is up to around 13000 gold and is close to challenging for level 9. I'm saving up for the weapons and house. Harper hasn't had as much luck with gems, yet, but has spent a couple of them to augment his weapons and armor by a hit point. This also increases their trade-in value by around 700 gold each.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

i dont have much will to talk but here are some completed mods
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?board=24