comics

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: comics

Post by Rusty »

9 - Heroes Volume 2 - This book collects chapters 35-80 of the online Heroes comic. I liked it a lot more than volume 1. There were good stories in volume 1, but it was much more uneven. I thought the stories in volume 2 were much more consistently entertaining.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

10 - RASL vol. 1 - This sure is different than Bone. It is a science fiction story that deals with parallel universes. It took me a while to get into it, but I ended up enjoying it. The oversize graphic novel is a nice format.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

11 - Universal War One Volume 1 - This is a French military science fiction story about a squadron of misfits/criminals who investigate a wormhole. There is also time dilation and time travel. It was hard to get into at first, but once I knew who the characters were, I enjoyed it more. I'll check out the second volume when it comes out.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

12 - Superman/Supergirl: Maelstrom - I'm pretty tired of Darkseid and of whiny Supergirl. This series wasn't great, but it did get better as it went along and the last issue or two were good.

13 - Superman & Batman vs Vampires & Werewolves #1-6 - This series was okay, but not really anything special. Better than Maelstrom at least. Vampires and werewolves start to appear in Gotham City and Batman starts tracking down the cause with the help of a few friends.

14 - Galaxy Quest: Global Warning #1-5 - I loved the Galaxy Quest movie and this miniseries picks up the storyline after the movie. The Galaxy Quest tv series is back with the filming of a 2 hour pilot movie when an alien ship appears in the solar system with catastrophic results for the Earth. It is up to the Galaxy Quest crew to save the day again. While it can't match the movie, this was a fun series and a decent continuation.

15 - Star Wars: Vector Parts 1-12 - This story ran through all four timelines of Dark Horse's Star Wars line, starting in KoTOR and ending in Legacy. It deals with an ancient Sith talisman that causes people it comes in contact with to turn into monsters who are controlled by the person in possession of the talisman. I thought it was a very good story, though I like all of the DH Star Wars titles. The last part was the weakest, but the earlier parts more than made up for it.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

16 - Incognegro - The story of a black reporter in the 1930s who is able to pass for white. He investigates lynchings in the South and reports them in a Harlem newspaper. Then he gets involved in a murder mystery in Mississippi. This graphic novel is an interesting tale that I enjoyed quite a bit. A good story, nice art and a setting that isn't covered in comics that much.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

17 - Batman Confidential #22-25 - The story of what happens after Batman captures Joker the first time as the JOker continues to kill people while in custody. I thought it was a pretty good story.

18 - Ghostbusters: The Other Side #1-4 - The Ghostbusters end up in purgatory when they go against the ghosts of Capone, Lansky and other gangsters. It isn't going to in any awards, but I enjoyed it.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

19 - Prince of Persia - A graphic novel inspired by the videogame series. It was pretty good.

20 - The Undersea Adventures of Capt'n Eli volume 1- A series inspired by the mascot of a root beer company in New England. It wasn't bad.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

21 - Camelot 3000 - King Arthur is reawakened in the year 3000 as Earth is being invaded by aliens. A classic tale that holds up very well after 25 years. Very entertaining.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

22 - The Undersea Adventures of Capt'n Eli vol. 2

23 - Joker - Brian Azzarello has created an interesting tale here. The art was pretty decent, though clearly following the style of The Dark Knight movie.

24 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Shipyards of Doom - Obi Wan, Anakin and his padawan have to take out a Separatist shipbuilding facility.

25 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Crash Course - Anakin and his padawan go undercover in the pod racing circuit to catch a spy. I enjoyed both of the Clone Wars graphic novels.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

26 - Judge Anderson - Shamballa - A nice collection of Psi Judge Anderson stories from 2000AD and the Judge Dredd Megazine.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

27 - Token

28 - Thieves & Kings - Apprentices Part 1 - It's nice to see a new Thieves and Kings book finally.

29 - Girl Genius volume 7 - Agatha Heterodyne and the Voice of the Castle - Another excellent volume from Phil and Kaja Foglio. Volume 8 finished online back in November so I hope the print book isn't too far away.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

30 - Gunnerkrigg Court - Volume 1: Orientation - This book collects the first 14 chapters of the webcomic. It features a young girl named Antimony who is sent to a rather odd boarding school, where it is fairly common for robots, mythological creatures, demons and many other things to be roaming about. I'd never read the comic online, but this collection is excellent. I was highly entertained.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Did they ever stop the invasion in marvel universe? What the hells been going on there?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Secret Invasion ended about a month or so ago. Janet van Dyne died during a big battle in Central Park. Norman Osborn has now taken over and Tony Stark is in disgrace. Osborn is behind all of the Dark Reign stuff that Marvel is pushing right now.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Hopefully someday ill read some comics... any rumors on bringing Steve Rogers back?