comics

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I managed to read 16 more comics tonight. I've got 17 left to read and hope to get to them Sunday or next week some time. I'll be going to the comic con tomorrow and am looking forward to it, though the show in Chicago is so much better.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

what time are you going?

i dont know when im going maybe around 2? im just going to go in for a few and get out
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:what time are you going?

i dont know when im going maybe around 2? im just going to go in for a few and get out
I'll probably get there around 9:15 or so. I might have a dealer badge waiting for me. I don't know how long I'll stay, but I figure I'll be done by mid afternoon some time. Afterwards I'll be going out to dinner and then probably will go see Sahara. You're going to pay $18 just to go in for a bit and then leave?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I'll have my cell phone with me if you want to call me. If you don't have my number and want it, I can PM it to you.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:what time are you going?

I'll probably get there around 9:15 or so. I might have a dealer badge waiting for me. I don't know how long I'll stay, but I figure I'll be done by mid afternoon some time. Afterwards I'll be going out to dinner and then probably will go see Sahara. You're going to pay $18 just to go in for a bit and then leave?
probably :( i just go for th toys and prints rarely for comics :?

i dont have your number
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

The show was good, better than I expected. I picked up a few hardcovers that came out after the comic store closed along with around 70 comics. Most of the comics were either 50 cents or $1 per comic. I also picked up a copy of Archie #20 for $45, which is a really good deal. All in all, a good show.

Dave and I went out to the Outback Steakhouse for dinner after the show along with my friend, Nick. Hmmmm. steak. 'twas a good meal.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

OH man o man I'm so jealous of both of you. God I love Outback.
And Comic Cons...I love them too.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:OH man o man I'm so jealous of both of you. God I love Outback.
Well, go to Chicago, and maybe we can take care of both in 1 fell swoop.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
Trust me, I'm gonna try as hard as I can to make that con.
I just have to see where I'm at with the house and the other thing I would do differently this year is try not ot meet up with the View askew people. That really made the trip difficult this last year.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:
Trust me, I'm gonna try as hard as I can to make that con.
I just have to see where I'm at with the house and the other thing I would do differently this year is try not ot meet up with the View askew people. That really made the trip difficult this last year.
How so? And if you do go to Chicago, don't think you're going to get out of meeting up with me :P Even if it ends up being just to grab some dinner after the show on one of the days.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

There were like 20 different people from the View askew board and the sheer logistics of coordinating took time away from doing the comics part of the con. Almost all of them were there for Kevin Smith and I was mainly there for the comics. ( I had already met Kevin in LA)

Of course I would expect to meet up with you, silly!

Oh and two of the people stayed in my room which was a little trying as well.
(What an understatement)
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:There were like 20 different people from the View askew board and the sheer logistics of coordinating took time away from doing the comics part of the con. Almost all of them were there for Kevin Smith and I was mainly there for the comics. ( I had already met Kevin in LA)

Of course I would expect to meet up with you, silly!

Oh and two of the people stayed in my room which was a little trying as well.
(What an understatement)
When I go to a con, I'm there for the comics too. I have very little to no interest in any panels, guests or other activities that may be going on. I'll sweep through the signing area just to see if there happens to be anyone I feel like stopping by to talk to for a second, usually someone from an independent that I like, but I don't spend much time on that. It generally takes me until the middle of Sunday to complete my first sweep of the show floor and visit all the dealers I'm interested in. I spend the last through hours revisitiing a few of them to see if I missed anything, if they've decided to discount more heavily, or to visit the 25 and 50 cent bins that I passed by on the first two days.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

My first con I spent walking the floor and talking to the artists, seeing all the stuff and buying comics. Strangely enough I made friends with Tone Rodriguez, the artist of Violent Messiah, who happened to be staying at the same hotel. Ben Templesmith was there too, so I ate dinner with them Friday and Saturday nights. All the comics I had signed were more or less by accident.
It was just wonderful. Right, IDW was staying in the hotel so those guys were there too.
This time I would probably spend more time looking at backissues and probably DVDs..since I haven't been to the states since I saw Dave last September.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:My first con I spent walking the floor and talking to the artists, seeing all the stuff and buying comics. Strangely enough I made friends with Tone Rodriguez, the artist of Violent Messiah, who happened to be staying at the same hotel. Ben Templesmith was there too, so I ate dinner with them Friday and Saturday nights. All the comics I had signed were more or less by accident.
It was just wonderful. Right, IDW was staying in the hotel so those guys were there too.
This time I would probably spend more time looking at backissues and probably DVDs..since I haven't been to the states since I saw Dave last September.
I've usually stayed with friends in Chicago, though I've stayed in a hotel a couple of times. My friend, Nick, and I drove together last year and stayed with his brother who has an apartment on Lake shore Drive.

Party at Fluffy's Hotel!!!!
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote: Party at Fluffy's Hotel!!!!
HA! HA! HA! We'll just have to see won't we Mr. Culler?