comics

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: comics

Post by Rusty »

The Mad Thinker helped increase his abilities.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

1 - X-Factor: Overtime - X-Factor has been pretty good for a long time and this book was no exception.

2 - Daredevil: Noir - I liked Spider-Man: Noir and disliked X-Men: Noir. Fortunately, this one fell more in the Spider-Man camp. I thought it was a nice take on Daredevil.

3 - Winterworld - I liked the Winterworld miniseries when Eclipse published it 20 years ago and I still enjoyed it today when I read it again. Being able to read the previously unpublished sequel Wintersea was a nice bonus. Too bad the third part will never be created.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

4 - The Chill - A serial killer is on the loose in New York City. The victims are frozen while having sex with a young woman and then killed. However, nobody can seem to give an accurate description of the woman. An old Irish cop from Boston may have the answers, but nobody wants to believe him. This was a nice, quick read from the new Vertigo Crime series.

5 - GeNEXT: United
- I liked the first miniseries more, but this was still pretty good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

6 - Agents of Atlas: Turf Wars - It's too bad that Agents of Atlas only lasted 11 issues, but at least the title will be back as Atlas in just a few months. I enjoyed this series.

7 - Doctor Who: Through Time and Space - Another nice collection of tales featuring David Tennant's Doctor. A few of the stories had Martha and a few had Donna.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

8 - New Avengers - vol. 12 Powerloss - The Hood's men try to make a deal with Norman Osborn and Luke Cage's life is in danger. I enjoyed the book.

9 - Battlefields Volume 1 - Three excellent stories depicting different parts of World War II. One story deals with female Russian pilots. The second story deals with a nurse who was raped, shot and left for dead by the Japanese, but survives. The last story deals with a British tank crew after D-Day. Very well done.

10 - Kick-Ass
- This series did indeed kick ass. I loved it and am looking forward to the movie.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

11 - Ultimate Iron Man - Armor Wars - It wasn't bad.

12 - Captain America: Reborn - For such a hyped series, it wasn't that great - just so-so.

13 - Ultimate Comics Spider-Man: The World According to Peter Parker - A pretty entertaining continuation to Ultimate Spider-Man. Now with Johnny Storm and Bobby Drake as well as Peter, Gwen, MJ and Kitty.

14 - Riftwar - The adaptation of Magician: Apprentice finally concludes. I hope Marvel continues the adaptation of the second half of the book with Magician: Master. This was a pretty good series, though read the first two volumes before reading this.

15 - Ender's Game: Command School - An okay conclusion to Ender's Game. It felt very abbreviated compared to the novel.

16 - Ender's Shadow: Command School - I thought this one was a bit better than the Ender's Game volume.

17 - Dark Avengers vol. 2 - Not bad, though not as good as the first volume.

18 - Invincible Iron Man vol. 1 - I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

19 - Flash Gordon: The Secret History of Mongo - A nice supplement to the Mercy Wars series.

20 - Aliens: More than Human - A good stand alone graphic novel with a slightly different breed of aliens.

21 - Resurrection: Volume 1 - This book collects the entire first series and the first six issues of the second series for this nice science fiction/post invasion comic. Very nice.

22 - Die Hard: Year One - One day in the first year of John McClane's career as a NY police officer. This was actually a very nice miniseries, whether you are a fan of the movies or not.

23 - 28 Days Later: London Calling - I liked the movie, but didn't really get into this series very much.

24 - Hardy Boys: Chaos at 30,00 Feet - Not bad.

25 - Spin Angels - Another of the Marvel/Soleil titles. This one is a mix of The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. I thought it was excellent and look forward to the next volume.

26 - Doctor Who Volume One: Fugitive - More tales of the Tenth Doctor. Pretty good, overall.

27 - Doctor Who Classics: Volume 5 - A few nice tales featuring the Fifth Doctor.

28,29 - Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Volumes 1 and 2 - collecting the entire Gold Key series in a very nice hardcover format.

30 - Turok Archives volume 5 - Six more issues of the Turok series are collected here. I liked the earlier volumes better, but this is still a good series. I'm glad Dark Horse is reprinting them.

31 - Preacher Book Two - I didn't like it as much as the first book, but this was still pretty entertaining.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

32 - The Remnant - A nice science fiction/action thriller from Boom Studios. I wouldn't mind seeing more.

33 - Melvin Monster vol. 2 - The John Stanley Library series has been lots of fun. It's nice seeing these old issues collected.

34 - Dan DeCarlo's Jetta
- DeCarlo's shortlived series from the early 50s is collected in this nice hardcover from IDW. Pinups by contemporary artists fill out the volume.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I read about that a couple of days ago and was happy about it, though I did enjoy some of the backup stories for the titles that had 30 pages of story for $3.99. The ones that were charging $3.99 for just the 22 pages were a rip off. I might pay that from an independent title which has to make up for lower sales, but from the big 2, it was crazy.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

It is pretty stupid to drop the number of pages, im wondering which group is causing the prices to keep going up (artists, writers or publisher)
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

probably low sales
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

more people would buy comics if they were not as expensive
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

maybe, but maybe not. The high cost of paper is a major contributor as well. Maybe cheaper comics for the iPad or some other platform will become popular.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I stopped getting Wizard about 6 years ago. I get my comic news at Comic Book Resources