Re: comics

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I liked the punisher one the most
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

175 - Ultimatum: Requiem - I thought these stories were pretty decent, even if the Spider-Man stories were taken out of a drawer and dusted off for the books.

176 - Amazing Spider-Man 601-604 - The Chameleon takes over Peter Parker's life and does a better job than Peter himself. I liked this story as I have with most of the stories in Amazing since the minireboot.

177 - Time Tunnel: The Complete Series - The two Time Tunnel comics from the 1960s are collected here. I've never watched the tv show, but these stories weren't bad.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I saw the show a couple times, it was the usual two guys stuck in time format
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

178 - The Hunt for Reactron - Action 881,882 & Supergirl 45,46 - I enjoyed this story arc as Supergirl, Nightwing and Flamebird track down Reactron.

179 - Batgirl 1-3 - The 'origin' of the new Batgirl. This book has been okay so far.

180 - Red Robin 1-4 - Tim Drake travels around the world in search of Batman, convinced that he's still alive. So far, so good.

181 - Terry Moore Echo vol. 3 (#11-15) - A fun title that just keeps getting better.

182 - Batman and Robin 1-3 - Morrison and Quitely have another nice series, though I still prefer All Star Superman.

183 - Batman 688-691
- Two-Face, Penguin and a variety of Arkham loonies on the loose. I've been enjoying all of the Batman Reborn books so far.

184 - Detective 854-857 - I was a bit skeptical about Batwoman being the focus here, but the story has won me over. Especially the end of this storyline and the beginning of the next one in #858. Beautiful art and a good story.

185 - Adventure Comics 1-3 - Superboy is back and is trying to figure out who he takes after more, Superman or Lex Luthor. This has been a nice resurrection of a classic DC title. I've been enjoying the Legion backups, too.

186 - Batman: Streets of Gotham 1-4 - Firefly, Black Mask, and Victor Zsasz. Good so far.

187 - Blackest Night Batman 1-3
188 - Blackest Night Superman 1-3
189 - Blackest Night Titans 1-3
- I liked all three of these series and have been digging Black Night as a whole. The best of the bunch are the regular Green Lantern titles, but these minis were cool, too.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

190 - Amulet 2 The Stonekeeper's Curse - A very nice series from Kazu Kabuishi.

191 - Hardy Boys 18 - D.A.N.G.E.R. Spells the Hangman
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

whats danger stand for?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Joe Hardy has to enter a spelling bee while on a mission to stop a guy who hates spelling bees and plans to kill some of the contestants.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

What kind of damn plot is that!
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

191 - Usagi Yojimbo - Yokai - A full color painted Usagi graphic novel? Very cool. I'll admit that I've enjoyed a lot of other Usagi stories more, but this was fun.

192 - Nancy Drew 19: Cliffhanger

193 - Mercy Sparx 1-4 -
Mercy is a devil girl who is recruited to hunt renegade angels , but soon finds out there is something more serious going on. I liked this series a lot and am ready for more.

194 - New Mutants 1-4 - The Return of Legion and also the return of the original New Mutants team. New Mutants was one of my favorite titles during its original run and this series is off to a good start.

195 - Daredevil - The Return of the King - Daredevil has been pretty good for a long time now.

196 - Fantastic Four 570-572 - Reed teams up with other versions of himself from various dimensions in an attempt to 'solve everything'. It isn't as easy as he may think, even with an army of Reed Richards.

197 - Destiny's Hand Omnibus
- A fun pirate story about a girl who joins the crew of a gentleman pirate and their search for the Devil's Eye.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

My last update for the year. I probably missed a few here and there over the year, but should have gotten most of them.

198 - Asterios Polyp - An interesting graphic novel recommended by a number of VA members. I enjoyed it a lot.

199 - Chew vol. 1 - Another book recommended by VA members. It looks to be a pretty good book with lots of humor, but I was turned off by the graphic nature of some of the book. I guess you could say it wasn't to my taste...

200 - Red Circle (4 one shots) - JMS helps to bring the Archie heroes into the mainstream DC Universe. I thought these books were pretty well done.

201 - The Web 1-4 - A billionaire sets up a secret lair and decides to fight crime. Hmmm, sounds familiar. However, not everything goes as planned. This series is off to a good start. I liked the Batgirl appearance. The Hangman backup is decent, too.

202 - The Shield 1-3 - A military themed title that isn't quite as much fun as The Web, but is still good. I liked the Inferno backup more than the main story.

203 - Outsiders 21-23 The Hunt - The Outsiders track down some of the villains freed by Black Mask. I've been enjoying Outsiders, but am curious as to what Didio's run will be like. The Blackest Night stories in 24 and 25 were pretty entertaining as well.

204 - Power Girl 4-6 - Power Girl and Terra get some bonding in while an alien ship with three beautiful women aboard crashes in New York. This title is a lot of fun, certainly much more than I expected when it was first announced. The team of Palmiotti, Gray and Conner is a winning one.

205 - Wonder Woman 36-39 Warkiller - A threat from within the Amazons emerges.

206 - JLA 35-37 Royal Pain! - I've never really liked the Royal Flush gang, but they are part of a pretty decent story here.

207 - Titans 14-20 - One shot stories focusing on a different Titan in each issue. Sme were better than others, but overall pretty good.

208 - Vigilante 7-12 - I liked the original series more, but this one had its moments. Too bad it's over.

209 - Teen Titans 72-74 - Another Teen Titan falls in the line of duty.

210 - Zerokiller 1-6 - A future Earth where New York is flooded and gangs control various skyscrapers that are still standing. It took me a while to warm to this series, but I ended up enjoying it.

211 - Conan the Cimmerian 8-13 Black Colossus - Conan has been consistently good for a long time and this story is no exception.

212 - Amazing Spider-Man 611-614 The Gauntlet Electro - The first part of the Gauntlet storyline starts with an Electro who has shed his mask and become much more powerful than before. It is off to a nice start.

213 - Detective 858-860 - The origin of Batwoman is explored - Beautiful art, especially on the flashback sequences, and an excellent story. Highly recommended.

214 - JSA 29-33 The Bad Seed - The JSA comes under attack and a rift develops between some of the members, leading to a split in the teams.

215 - Warlord 1-6 Saga - I'm really glad that this book is back and is being done the right way with a good story (thanks to Mike Grell) and nice art, unlike the last incarnation of the title.

216 - Secret Six 10-14 Depths - The team takes a job that turns out to be more distasteful than they expected. This series continues to entertain. Gail Simone's doing a great job and the John Ostrander one shot following this storyline was good, too.

217 - Booster Gold 21-25 Day of Death - Booster has to travel back in time to save Dick Grayson from being eradicated from the timeline. Now that Booster has become more serious about being a hero, the book has gotten pretty interesting.

218 - Gen13 21-32 Teenage Wasteland - Gen13 travels across a post-apocalyptic USA and end up at a legendary skatepark that has a dark side. This was a long story, but a good one.

219 - Ex Machina 41-44 Ring Out the Old - Some of the secrets behind Hundred's powers start to emerge as the title builds up to the finale.

220 - Fables 87-91 Witches - The Fables are camped out at the Farm while the Dark One stays at Fabletown. Lots of Fables goodness as always.

221 - Jack of Fables 37-40 The New Adventures of Jack and Jack - Jack starts to gain a lot of weight and lose his hair while his son, also named Jack, decides to renounce the powers he inherited from his mother and set up camp as a hero. Lots of humorous fun as usual.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

How did electro become more powerful?