GOLF

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:WoW Tiger Woods came back with 6 strokes which puts him in third place. He was +2 yesterday and he's -4 today. Incredible how well he plays when he's on. In the meantime, Chris Dimarco is cleaning up with -10 and he isn't even one of the big 4!
Tiger birdied 5 of the first nine holes in round 3. He's got a good shot with 27 holes left to play. Go Tiger. He's grrrrrrrrreat! Now if only his real name was Anthony instead of Eldrick :P
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
fluffy wrote:WoW Tiger Woods came back with 6 strokes which puts him in third place. He was +2 yesterday and he's -4 today. Incredible how well he plays when he's on. In the meantime, Chris Dimarco is cleaning up with -10 and he isn't even one of the big 4!
Tiger birdied 5 of the first nine holes in round 3. He's got a good shot with 27 holes left to play. Go Tiger. He's grrrrrrrrreat! Now if only his real name was Anthony instead of Eldrick :P
Tony the tiger? Agh! When I last saw today he was at -10 and I don't know where Chris Di Marco was at.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:

Tony the tiger? Agh! When I last saw today he was at -10 and I don't know where Chris Di Marco was at.
He finished the day at -9 and DiMarco was at -13. He's now at -12 and DiMarco is at -10 and it took Tiger less than 30 minutes to catch and pass DiMarco on Sunday.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

OH Wow he's at -12 and Di Marco 's at -9. I really would like to see Tiger win this! This is an amazing game really. Maybe I've never been that into it because I play it so inconsistently.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:OH Wow he's at -12 and Di Marco 's at -9. I really would like to see Tiger win this! This is an amazing game really. Maybe I've never been that into it because I play it so inconsistently.
I'd like to see Tiger win also, especially after all the struggles he had last year.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Agh well it's really close here. It's all making me very nervous.
Still-12 to -10.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Agh well it's really close here. It's all making me very nervous.
Still-12 to -10.
Wow, what a finish. DiMarco almost winning it on the 18th with that chip shot and then going to the extra hole. I'm glad that Tiger won, but I don't think I would have been too disappointed if DiMarco had pulled it out based on how well he played.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
fluffy wrote:Agh well it's really close here. It's all making me very nervous.
Still-12 to -10.
Wow, what a finish. DiMarco almost winning it on the 18th with that chip shot and then going to the extra hole. I'm glad that Tiger won, but I don't think I would have been too disappointed if DiMarco had pulled it out based on how well he played.
Me neither but how cool was it that for the first time in years I finally get to watch the three days with such a close finish and a tiebreak. Good on Tiger!
Chris DiMarco will have his day.

That one shot on the 16th hole when the ball paused before falling into the cup is a perfect Nike commercial!