UPDATED RPG MOD

This forum is to jibber and jabber
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

azianboi044 wrote:so i guess i shouldnt post or it might just set off abother boom
No please don't stop Tommy. You're fun to have around.
Just don't ask anything about money and it'll be fine. :P
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

azianboi044 wrote:so i guess i shouldnt post or it might just set off abother boom
Well, you can take out your aggressions on me in our pvp battle, since it's your turn and all. Oh and by the way, good job making it to the 700 club (hmmm..., sounds like a good name for a tv show). Pretty soon you'll be batting 1000.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Dave,

Why did you change the interest rate to 1% over 7 days instead of 4% per day?
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:Dave,

its starting to become a money pit, i have to stop the bleed of money. i may increase it later
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
kurt culler wrote:Dave,

its starting to become a money pit, i have to stop the bleed of money. i may increase it later
So you can sit there with 72000 and enough to buy just about anything you want, but if I try to increase my zenny so that I can mount a challenge on the higher levels which require a lot of capital, the rules change.

Fuck this rpg shit then
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:
So you can sit there with 72000 and enough to buy just about anything you want, but if I try to increase my zenny so that I can mount a challenge on the higher levels which require a lot of capital, the rules change.

Fuck this rpg shit then
you do realize i can have whatever amount i want?
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Wow...another change. That's rough on newcomers for sure.
I mean ...isn't a bank supposed to be a money pit?
How did you get to level 18 Dave?
I guess you don't have the same limitations we do because yesterday you were level 16 and behind me and since we can only have 40 battles a day there's no way you could have accomplished that.

I'm really confused about this money thing because since posting has been lowered by half, mining has been cut in half, our wages have been cut in half,
and now the bank is pretty insignificant. How is anyone going to be able to afford the RPG?
Not to mention items from the shops?
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote:Wow...another change. That's rough on newcomers for sure.
I guess you don't have the same limitations we do because yesterday you were level 16 and behind me and since we can only have 40 battles a day there's no way you could have accomplished that.

I'm really confused about this money thing because since posting has been lowered by half, mining has been cut in half, our wages have been cut in half,
and now the bank is pretty insignificant. How is anyone going to be able to afford the RPG?
i have to test monsters, my level will be worked out later. and no one seems to be paying atention on the fact that i said it might not be permanent. also i havent changed mining, you can still make over 1.5k easily on that each day. you guys have never played an online rpg apparently, what you have now takes most people months to get, this wasnt supposed to be a "get it all quick" think your supposed to have to work for it. all the work i put into this and this is what i get.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
fluffy wrote:Wow...another change. That's rough on newcomers for sure.

i have to test monsters, my level will be worked out later. and no one seems to be paying atention on the fact that i said it might not be permanent. also i havent changed mining, you can still make over 1.5k easily on that each day. you guys have never played an online rpg apparently, what you have now takes most people months to get, this wasnt supposed to be a "get it all quick" think your supposed to have to work for it. all the work i put into this and this is what i get.
Well it's true that I have never played any online anything before.
Thanks for explaining about your levels, that makes sense.
I don't think it's been a get rich quick thing, though, when I started you couldn't buy traits, you had to work for them and you had to work for skills too.
I'm just wondering how the lower level people are going to be able to afford to progress. I'm curious, not being critical.
I wish you would stop thinking it's all about criticism when in fact , it's more about trying to understand your reasons.
The board is fun, and informative and it keeps us all in touch and now I understand , I think, a little bit more where you're coming from.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

the thing that hit us the hardest when we started was ressurection. thats is ALOT cheaper now. the amount of money made the normal shops useless, we could buy anything we wanted there even the artifacts that were hard to get at one point would now be easily purchased. i would rather have it so everyone didnt get everything they wanted so easily, it makes things more challanging that way. i saw this in UO and i dont want it to happen here.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:the thing that hit us the hardest when we started was ressurection. thats is ALOT cheaper now. the amount of money made the normal shops useless, we could buy anything we wanted there even the artifacts that were hard to get at one point would now be easily purchased. i would rather have it so everyone didnt get everything they wanted so easily, it makes things more challanging that way. i saw this in UO and i dont want it to happen here.
The healing and resurrection are at a really good level now. The less pay on the jobs is fine with me too.
For the folks that don't play the RPG at all, the posting zenny obviously hits them the hardest in terms of buying anything from the shops, or even if they have pets, which aren't cheap.
The mining is fine at my level...although I'd hate to go back to one.
I get what you're saying about making things TOO easy but , and I know it's complicated, there has to be a fine line somewhere about making things TOO hard or almost impossible. Am I making sense?
Perhaps make a compromise in terms of instead of 4% a day at the bank, do 2% a day for starters?
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

i cant change it for starters it has to be all or nothing, and again this is not permanent
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:i cant change it for starters it has to be all or nothing, and again this is not permanent
Okay boss! You're the man!
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:i cant change it for starters it has to be all or nothing, and again this is not permanent
Okay boss! You're the man!
i wish i wasnt the man around here, its a lot of work making sure everything is working right :(
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by jennifer stambersky »

dave thank you so much for making my magic wand