Book Reviews

This forum is to jibber and jabber
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

korman93 wrote:I'm still 11 so the autors and book titles might be chidlish to you. The autor I like Lemony Snicket the writer of The Series of unfortunate Events. I also like poems by Egar Allan Poe.
Edgar Allan Poe isn't childish at all and neither is The Series of unfortunate events,
Have you read the Harry Potter books yet? I bet you would love them.
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by jennifer stambersky »

i have been reading my eye balls out :shock: mostly childrens books :lol:
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

korman93 wrote:I'm still 11 so the autors and book titles might be chidlish to you. The autor I like Lemony Snicket the writer of The Series of unfortunate Events. I also like poems by Edgar Allan Poe.
I enjoyed the Lemony Snicket movie with Jim Carrey, Emily Browning, etc. I may eventually read the books as well. I read plenty of books that are aimed at the children or young adult market. As long as they are well written and entertaining, like the Artemis Fowl books and Harry Potter, then I enjoy them.
korman93
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by korman93 »

I have read the first three Harry Potter books and now I'm starting the Artemis Fowl series
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

i must of cursed myself becaue i read twice as many children books today... 27 to be exact!!!
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

jennifer stambersky wrote:i must of cursed myself becaue i read twice as many children books today... 27 to be exact!!!
yeeesh!!!!!
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

fluffy wrote:
korman93 wrote:I'm still 11 so the autors and book titles might be chidlish to you. The autor I like Lemony Snicket the writer of The Series of unfortunate Events. I also like poems by Egar Allan Poe.[/quote]

Edgar Allan Poe isn't childish at all and neither is The Series of unfortunate events,
Have you read the Harry Potter books yet? I bet you would love them.
[/quote]

i hate that subject of poem, my class had sooooo much work of the raven, i barely could understtand the poem to answer the questions. :evil:
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

korman93 wrote:I have read the first three Harry Potter books and now I'm starting the Artemis Fowl series
I enjoyed the Artemis Fowl books and Eoin Colfer's other books as well. The new Artemis Fowl books should be out this month, I think.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
korman93 wrote:I have read the first three Harry Potter books and now I'm starting the Artemis Fowl series
I enjoyed the Artemis Fowl books and Eoin Colfer's other books as well. The new Artemis Fowl books should be out this month, I think.
..and I guess I put those on the list too!
Well since I'm about finished with The Wizards First Rule I definitely HAVE to go book buying tomorrow or get stuck with Under the Tuscan Sun, and then Bella Tuscany. :roll:
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:
I enjoyed the Artemis Fowl books and Eoin Colfer's other books as well. The new Artemis Fowl book should be out this month, I think.
..and I guess I put those on the list too!
Well since I'm about finished with The Wizards First Rule I definitely HAVE to go book buying tomorrow or get stuck with Under the Tuscan Sun, and then Bella Tuscany. :roll:
And we don't want that, I'm sure. I started reading the sixth Mediator book by Meg Cabot, but I've been watching ER Season 2 most of tonight because I have to return them on Tuesday.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
And we don't want that, I'm sure. I started reading the sixth Mediator book by Meg Cabot, but I've been watching ER Season 2 most of tonight because I have to return them on Tuesday.
Well I went to one of five bookstores and only managed to find Digital Fortress by Dan Brown which isn't bad since it's got some action and intelligence but what I really want is to find the next Terry Goodkind book in this series I started. Tomorrow I'll check more shops that have a larger sci fi/fantasy selection.
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

something is wrong with me i just cant get into fictional books...except mary higgens clark..and i only read her bokks once a year or so though i have read all her books..i tens to stay with educational books, spiritual, science, books about animals, self help books and so forth
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

jennifer stambersky wrote:something is wrong with me i just cant get into fictional books...except mary higgens clark..and i only read her bokks once a year or so though i have read all her books..i tens to stay with educational books, spiritual, science, books about animals, self help books and so forth
I'm the opposite. I can't get into nonfiction books. I have read a couple here and there, but I just can't get interested in them. My parents really like the Mary Higgins Clark books, but I've only read two of them. They were okay, but there are other books I'd rather read.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote: I'm the opposite. I can't get into nonfiction books. I have read a couple here and there, but I just can't get interested in them. My parents really like the Mary Higgins Clark books, but I've only read two of them. They were okay, but there are other books I'd rather read.
I gotta admit I'm really similar. I tried reading that Venus Mars book once and it just made me laugh. However, I did read a lot of nutrition books in college and that was kinda cool. Now that I seem to be relatively healthy, I only like reading fiction. The crazier, the better,
But I was gonna say to Jennifer that she's not counting all those childrens books she reads every day. They count too.
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote: I'm the opposite. I can't get into nonfiction books. I have read a couple here and there, but I just can't get interested in them. My parents really like the Mary Higgins Clark books, but I've only read two of them. They were okay, but there are other books I'd rather read.
I gotta admit I'm really similar. I tried reading that Venus Mars book once and it just made me laugh. However, I did read a lot of nutrition books in college and that was kinda cool. Now that I seem to be relatively healthy, I only like reading fiction. The crazier, the better,
But I was gonna say to Jennifer that she's not counting all those childrens books she reads every day. They count too.
lol thanks for the credit its very much apprciated :D