Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

11 - Frequency Season 1 - This tv show is based on the movie that came out in 2000 and does a pretty nice job. A police detective in 2016 contacts her father via ham radio during a storm. The catch is that her father was an undercover police officer who died in 1996 and she contacts him just before he dies. She is able to save his life, but something else changes and now her mother is dead, the victim of a serial killer. The rest of the season is spent tracking down the serial killer in both 1996 and 2016. I enjoyed the show and hope it comes back for a second season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

12 - School of Rock Season 2 - This Nickelodeon show continues the adventures of Dewey Finn and his students as they try to make it as a band. It was a fun season with music and comedy.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

13 - Killjoys Season 2 - This season was just as much fun as the first one.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

14 - Sherlock Season 1 - I've been meaning to watch this show since it debuted, but never got around to it. Definitely a lot of fun.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

15 - Timeless Season 1 - I hope that this time travel drama gets renewed for a second season though its ratings make that seem unlikely. The main cast was engaging and the stories were pretty entertaining. Nothing spectacular, but fun.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

16 - Sherlock Season 2 - Another good series with modern versions of classic Sherlock Holmes stories for the most part.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

17 - Sherlock Season 3 - The wedding episode was the best one in this particular season. All I've got left to watch are the special episode and the most recent series.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

18 - Sherlock Season 4 - I didn't like this season as much as the previous ones, though it was still good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

19 - Emerald City Season 1 - A more modern twist on the Wizard of Oz stories. I liked the show quite a bit, though I think the final episode was a bit of a let down. It does set things up for season 2 at least.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

20 - Taboo Season 1 - I watched all 8 episodes of Taboo over the last few days and I enjoyed the show quite a bit. Tom Hardy stars as James DeLaney who returns to London in 1814 after the death of his father to claim his inheritance, get revenge and build a shipping company. His main opponent is the East India Company that wants an island and trading post that could be the key to a lot of trade with China. The show can be very dark at times and I thought they did a nice job establishing the period. A few of the supporting characters felt a bit underdeveloped, but overall it was a good show. Hopefully it gets a second season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

21 - Into the Badlands Season 1 - In the distant future after a series of wars, the Badlands are controlled by a group of Barons who each guard their territory with Clippers, talented martial artists who carry swords. Guns have been outlawed and are essentially nonexistent in this future world, but there is plenty of mayhem and fighting nonetheless. The most talented Clipper is Sunny, who works for Baron Quinn. Sunny becomes interested in a young man that he rescues who has a mysterious past and mysterious abilities at times as well. Sunny eventually takes on MK as his colt (trainee). The show has plenty of action and I thought it was pretty entertaining. I found out about the show when I started seeing ads for season 2, which premieres on Sunday. Fortunately the first season is on Netflix.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

22 - DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 - I thought this was a fun season, probably even a little better than the first season. I liked the mix of heroes more. The main villains were Malcolm Merlyn, Eobard Thawn and Damien Darkh. We got to see Jonah Hex again, the JSA and more. Plenty of good stuff.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

23 - Legion Season 1 - This series features the mutant son of Charles Xavier, though in this series he has no knowledge of his father and was adopted as a child. The series is very stylish with great music, though a lot of the early episodes seemed to be intentionally hard to follow at times with all of the layers in it. I liked the second half of the series more than the first half, but it was a good season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

24 - Newsroom Season 1 - Jeff Daniels stars as a network news anchor who is a Republican, but is not impressed by the Tea Party movement and by the way many in the Republican Party are acting. The show follows the ins and outs of his staff as well, including his new executive producer who happens to be his ex-girlfriend. The show takes place back in 2011 and 2012 and I thought it was very entertaining.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

25 - Newsroom Season 2 - The second season centers around a story investigated and then run by ACN that turns out to be false and then rebounds on them. I liked the first season more, but this one was good.

26 - Newsroom Season 3 - The third and final season was only 6 episodes long, but I enjoyed it a lot. ACN has a new owner who has a different vision for the network. Neal gets in trouble for receiving classified documents while Will ends up in jail for not giving up the source. A strong finish for the show.