Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:
I haven't been feeding any money into my mac since I bought it 2 years ago and gee, I can't seem to recall the last time my OSX Mac *crashed*. Can you say the same about _your_ computer?
yes i can, you dont seem to realize why OS's before XP crashed alot, 95-ME were being run on 32 bit processors, yet were programmed for 16 bit processors, thus the crashing, XP is a 32 bit program running on a 32 bit processor, the only reason mine crashes now is because i allow it to over heat, you forget i can run linux wich could run for years without crashing, yes years.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
kurt culler wrote:
I haven't been feeding any money into my mac since I bought it 2 years ago and gee, I can't seem to recall the last time my OSX Mac *crashed*. Can you say the same about _your_ computer?
yes i can, you dont seem to realize why OS's before XP crashed alot, 95-ME were being run on 32 bit processors, yet were programmed for 16 bit processors, thus the crashing, XP is a 32 bit program running on a 32 bit processor, the only reason mine crashes now is because i allow it to over heat, you forget i can run linux wich could run for years without crashing, yes years.
Well, good then. So if anybody ever needs to crash at your place or my place, it won't be on the computer. :roll:
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:
kurt culler wrote:
Well, good then. So if anybody ever needs to crash at your place or my place, it won't be on the computer. :roll:
Or mine...are we done with this now? Please?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Deadwood Season 2 starts on Sunday, March 6th at 9pm. Season 1 was great so I'm really looking forward to the new season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

On another subject, I am almost finished with season 5 of Babylon 5, having watched the entire series over the past month. I just picked up ER season 2 from the library on Tuesday and plan to start watching them when I am done with B5. A friend of mine has season 5 of Angel (the last season) and I will probably get to borrow that in a few weeks.

The unfortunate side effect of all this dvd watching is that I have fallen behind on my comic book reading.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:Deadwood Season 2 starts on Sunday, March 6th at 9pm. Season 1 was great so I'm really looking forward to the new season.
Which puts it right up against Desperate Housewives. *sighs*
However I believe they always show the rerun of Deadwood during the week.
kurt culler wrote: On another subject, I am almost finished with season 5 of Babylon 5, having watched the entire series over the past month. I just picked up ER season 2 from the library on Tuesday and plan to start watching them when I am done with B5. A friend of mine has season 5 of Angel (the last season) and I will probably get to borrow that in a few weeks.

The unfortunate side effect of all this dvd watching is that I have fallen behind on my comic book reading.
OH! To have the dilemma of too many comic books to read and too many season DVDs to watch!
My heart wants to bleed for you but I can't find the little violin tune I need. :twisted:
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Which puts it right up against Desperate Housewives. *sighs* However I believe they always show the rerun of Deadwood during the week.

OH! To have the dilemma of too many comic books to read and too many season DVDs to watch!
My heart wants to bleed for you but I can't find the little violin tune I need. :twisted:
I know, life is rough, isn't it. Well, we have a nother vacation coming up in 3 weeks for Easter, so maybe I can get caught up on my comic reading then.

I don't watch Desperate Housewives so I don't have to worry about that conflict. I think that they do repeat the Deadwoods during the week. I have On Demand so I can watch them any time I want starting the day after they air in case I miss an episode.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
I know, life is rough, isn't it. Well, we have a nother vacation coming up in 3 weeks for Easter, so maybe I can get caught up on my comic reading then.

I don't watch Desperate Housewives so I don't have to worry about that conflict. I think that they do repeat the Deadwoods during the week. I have On Demand so I can watch them any time I want starting the day after they air in case I miss an episode.
You are a very very lucky guy you know. I'll add that 24 this week was great and so was Lost last night. Oh and for fun I watched wife swap which put a liberal in a conservatives house and vice/versa...now that was interesting. I don't think I'll watch that again. Too disturbing.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:

You are a very very lucky guy you know. I'll add that 24 this week was great and so was Lost last night. Oh and for fun I watched wife swap which put a liberal in a conservatives house and vice/versa...now that was interesting. I don't think I'll watch that again. Too disturbing.
I watched Smallville and West Wing last night. I have Lost and Alias on tape and will probably watch them either tomorrow or on Sunday. Except for the very first episode, I've only watched 24 on dvd. I have a(nother) friend who will loan me the 24 season 3 some time later this year so that I can watch it and I imagine that they will pick up season 4 when it comes out and loan me that as well. I do have plenty of dvd sets of my own, including all of the Highlander, Smallville, Simpsons, and Futurama box sets.

I'm planning on watching the Pistons tonight and tomorrow. They've been pretty hot of late. I'm disappointed that the Tigers didn't reach an agreement with a local station to air some of their games. FSN will be showing 110 games, but that still leaves about 1/3 of the season only available on radio. Even when they were pitiful, I would still watch them. Sad, I know, but I'm a diehard fan.
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by jennifer stambersky »

i watched the new show HOUSE i loved it very funny show and great dialog as well
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

jennifer stambersky wrote:i watched the new show HOUSE i loved it very funny show and great dialog as well
is it me or is every show becoming wither a crime show or medical show?
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

jennifer stambersky wrote:i watched the new show HOUSE i loved it very funny show and great dialog as well
yea i think house is a good thrill show, and the one doctor is a funny character
korman93
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by korman93 »

My favorite tv show is Spongebob or any cartoon thats funny. twisted:
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

i am so looking forward to 6 feet under coming back :shock:
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
is it me or is every show becoming wither a crime show or medical show?
its not you but its better then reality shows though i am hooked on american idol