whats your favorite holiday ???

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote:
So am I the same time as the board? I am so confused.
MY watch and the board say the same time. :? :?
each person can set the clock to what they want it to be, like i said its in the profile
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
fluffy wrote:
So am I the same time as the board? I am so confused.
MY watch and the board say the same time. :? :?
each person can set the clock to what they want it to be, like i said its in the profile
I get it now.
For some strange reason I thought the clock on the board stayed true to your time...don't ask me why.
I have some innate misunderstanding of computers. :oops:
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote: I get it now.
For some strange reason I thought the clock on the board stayed true to your time...don't ask me why.
thats because you use...... NM :P
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
What's NM? I know it's something nasty about Macintosh.
Smart Ass! :evil:
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote: What's NM? I know it's something nasty about Macintosh.

:lol:
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:
What's NM? I know it's something nasty about Macintosh.
When he doesn't have anything else to fall back on, he can always just trash the mac. It's his security blanket, sorta like Linus :P
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
When he doesn't have anything else to fall back on, he can always just trash the mac. It's his security blanket, sorta like Linus :P
See what he doesn't get is that I was an ANTI- computer person and it was
only because Macintosh are so user friendly that I broke down and learned how to use one. Were it not for Macintosh, I wouldn't be here.
( here being on this screen)
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:
only because Macintosh are so user friendly that I broke down and learned how to use one. Were it not for Macintosh, I wouldn't be here.
I started on a TRaSh 80 Color Computer with a tape drive back around 1980 or so and then moved on to Commodore Vic 20s in junior high and then TRaSh 80 Model IIIs, Intels and an IBM PC in high school. The first computer I ever owned was an Apple II+, then I had an Apple IIe and finally a series of Macs
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:
fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:
I started on a TRaSh 80 Color Computer with a tape drive back around 1980 or so and then moved on to Commodore Vic 20s in junior high and then TRaSh 80 Model IIIs, Intels and an IBM PC in high school. The first computer I ever owned was an Apple II+, then I had an Apple IIe and finally a series of Macs

why why WHY!!!!
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote: I started on a TRaSh 80 Color Computer with a tape drive back around 1980 or so and then moved on to Commodore Vic 20s in junior high and then TRaSh 80 Model IIIs, Intels and an IBM PC in high school. The first computer I ever owned was an Apple II+, then I had an Apple IIe and finally a series of Macs
What did those TRaSh 80 computers actually do? Weren't they like glorified word processors?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote: I started on a TRaSh 80 Color Computer with a tape drive back around 1980 or so and then moved on to Commodore Vic 20s in junior high and then TRaSh 80 Model IIIs, Intels and an IBM PC in high school. The first computer I ever owned was an Apple II+, then I had an Apple IIe and finally a series of Macs
What did those TRaSh 80 computers actually do? Weren't they like glorified word processors?
The TRaSh 80 Color Computer we had in 5th/6th grade didn't do much, but the Model IIIs I used in high school were cool. You could program in Basic and they had compilers for COBOL and Fortran. I don't think I ever used it as a word processor. I did quite a bit of my programming during high school on punch cards, though. It was a lot different than these days.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote: The TRaSh 80 Color Computer we had in 5th/6th grade didn't do much, but the Model IIIs I used in high school were cool. You could program in Basic and they had compilers for COBOL and Fortran. I don't think I ever used it as a word processor. I did quite a bit of my programming during high school on punch cards, though. It was a lot different than these days.
It sounds like you're describing prehistoric times.
What were Cobol and fortran? :shock:
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote: The TRaSh 80 Color Computer we had in 5th/6th grade didn't do much, but the Model IIIs I used in high school were cool. You could program in Basic and they had compilers for COBOL and Fortran. I don't think I ever used it as a word processor. I did quite a bit of my programming during high school on punch cards, though. It was a lot different than these days.
It sounds like you're describing prehistoric times.
What were Cobol and fortran? :shock:
COBOL stands for COmmon Business Oriented Language and is a programming language that was very popular in the 60s-80s and is probably still used on older machines.

Fortran stands for Formula Transtator and was a required language for many business majors. It was a pretty easy language and I was able to help a few students in college, though I'd never taken the language myself.

Other languages I learned included:

RPGII which stands for Report Program Generator and was a cool language to program in

Assembler which was more of a mainframe language and was sometime a bitch to use because of the various registers and such

Pascal was one of your elementary programming languages and has been supplanted by c++ or other derivations.

BASIC (Beginner's All-Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code) which was fun to program in, but not as powerful as some of the other languages.

I have a Computer Science degree in addition to my math degrees and have a lot of programming experience, but it is all 10-15 years out of date now.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Kurt , you are awe inspiring and scary at the same time.
I mean that in a good way.
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by jennifer stambersky »

christmas is my all time favorite but i am a big holiday person i dec out for all of them!