Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I need to go buy it :(
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Night at the Museum - 8/10 - I thought this movie was a lot of fun. Ben Stiller plays a man who gets a job as a night watchman at the Museum of Natural History and finds out that all of the exhibits come alive at night. There was a lot of humor and while the movie may not have been breaking new ground, it was very enjoyable. Robin Williams as Teddy Roosevelt was cool and I thought Dick Van Dyke and Mickey Rooney were also pretty funny.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I picked up the donner cut today, it was quite different, im glad the scene in the fortress where they start disappearing and doing more stupid stuff didn't appear.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

yeah, like throwing his emblem and all that. I didn't miss that part.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Rocky Balboa - 9/10 - This is an excellent finale to the series. It is tons better than Rocky 5 and reminiscent of the first Rocky movie. An older Rocky runs a restaurant and is feeling like he still has something to work out in the boxing ring. Mason Dixon is the heavyweight champ, but has no real competition and is unpopular with fans. The fight scenes are good, but the movie is about a lot more than that and is well worth seeing.

139 movies in 2006
Last edited by Rusty on Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

The Prestige - 8.5/10 - This movie was very good with plenty of misdirection and twists. It takes place in the late 1800s/early 1900s and features two rival magicians who each have reason to dislike or hate the other. They also try to steal 'the prestige' or secret of the other magician's greatest tricks. There is a lot of jumping around in time as the story unfolds so you really need to pay attention. Very entertaining.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Did rocky lose this time?... ok so im a post behind.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:Did rocky lose this time?... ok so im a post behind.
yes, on a split decision
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Mission Impossible III - 8/10 - I wasn't expecting to like this movie as much as I did, but I thought it had good action sequences and a decent story as well. Maybe the plot wasn't incredibly complicated, but I was entertained.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I dont know if I can get by his insanity enough to like any more of his movies?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Butterfly Effect 2 - 4.5/10 - This movie is okay, but I don't think it is as good as the first movie. The story is a bit weak and derivative. Nothing really special here, but not horrible.
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

Rusty wrote:Rocky Balboa - 9/10 - This is an excellent finale to the series. It is tons better than Rocky 5 and reminiscent of the first Rocky movie. An older Rocky runs a restaurant and is feeling like he still has something to work out in the boxing ring. Mason Dixon is the heavyweight champ, but has no real competition and is unpopular with fans. The fight scenes are good, but the movie is about a lot more than that and is well worth seeing.
Ali and I saw this last night and I was blown away. It's very rare that I walk out of a movie singing it's praise like I did with Rocky. It's honestly the best film that I have seen in a long time.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

RV - 4.5/10 - This Robin Williams movie has its moments, but is not his best effort. I would have rated it lower, but I thought the second half of the movie was better than the first half. There isn't much to the movie - Williams takes his family on an RV trip to Colorado and plenty of mishaps ensue.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I watched Pirates of the C Dead Mans Chest, it was a pretty good movie but leaving a movie on a cliff hanger thats just plain rude.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

The Ant Bully - 6/10 - Lucas is a small kid who is being picked on by a bully. He takes out his aggression on the ant colony in his yard. The ants fight back by shrinking him and making him live life as an ant for a while. I thought the movie wasn't bad, better than I was expecting actually. It isn't as good as Bug's Life, but it is entertaining. The animated shorts in the bonus features are pretty funny.