Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Movies

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:I thought the cabinet was the gate?
It was the gate in the first movie and book, but there are other ways into Narnia and they generally only work once, I believe, and they require special circumstances.

In Voyage of the Dawntreader, the kids are drawn into a painting of a ship and end up on the Dawntreader with Prince Caspian. In the Silver Chair, the two kids ask for Aslan's help while escaping bullies and accidentally pass through a temporary gate.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

OMFG YOU JUST RUINED IT ALL FOR ME.... :mrgreen:
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:6510:
54 - The Spiderwick Chronicles - 6.5/10 - This adaptation of the book series was okay, but wasn't really anything special. A mother and her three kids move in to the old home of a relative and the kids discover that the woods around the house are infested with goblins and other creatures.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

1 of those kids would have made want to burn my eyes out with a hot poker 2 of them made me want to burn everyones eyes out with a hot poker
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:1010:
55 - Star Wars Episode IV Revisited - 10/10 - A nice fan cut of the original Star Wars movie. Oh, and Han shot first, of course.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Even when i watch the newer versions my brain sees han shoot first... I have no idea what people are talking aboout :p
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:710:
56 - Fool's Gold - 7/10 - A movie about a treasure hunter searching for the wreck of a Spanish ship that sank in the Caribbean early in the 18th Century. The movie certainly wasn't Oscar worthy, but it was pretty entertaining and fun with lots of humor.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:7510:
57 - P.S. I Love You - 7.5/10 - The story of a woman whose husband dies at a relatively young age. Then she starts to receive letters from him that he arranged to have delivered after he died and these letters lead her on the road to getting on with her life. I thought this was a nice movie and had plenty of humor to go along with the romance.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I think that would have to be a movie I catch on tv
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I had tickets for a preview screening last November, but couldn't go. It was a good movie.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:810:
58 - The Great Debaters - 8/10 - A fictionalized account of the 1935 Wiley College Debate team. Wiley College was a small black school in Texas that had great success in debate under the direction of Melvin Tolson, played in the movie by Denzel Washington. The school went on to challenge anglo-saxon schools in debate, including the reigning national champion. I enjoyed the movie a lot.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:810:
59 - Definitely, Maybe - 8/10 - A charming story about a man in the process of getting a divorce tells his young daughter the story of how he met her mother...and a couple of other girlfriends.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:8510:
60 - Lars and the Real Girl - 8.5/10 - The story of a man battling mental illness who orders a love doll over the internet and then treats it as if it is his real girlfriend. I was expecting more of a comedy rather than a dramedy, but I thought it was a very good movie. It was fairly low key and shows the journey that Lars makes in dealing with his illness.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Does she talk back in his mind?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:Does she talk back in his mind?
yes. They hold regular conversations, though we only hear his half of it of course.