Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

Rusty wrote:RV - 4.5/10 - This Robin Williams movie has its moments, but is not his best effort. I would have rated it lower, but I thought the second half of the movie was better than the first half. There isn't much to the movie - Williams takes his family on an RV trip to Colorado and plenty of mishaps ensue.
I give it a 7/10 - but only because they taped half of the movie here. Those pretty hoo doos and coulees are just outside of Lethbridge and Robin Williams stayed in a hotel here for 3 weeks.

Eragon - a good, basic story with a very cool dragon.

Children of Men - extremely good. Not exactly like the book but a beautifully-done movie
Lenorene
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Starfire wrote:
Children of Men - extremely good. Not exactly like the book but a beautifully-done movie
Ive wanted to see this, I heard eragon was real bad

I watched "the protector" not worth watching for the story, some good fight scenes is all it has
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

This weekend we watched:

Lord of War:
Not all that great, I think it was striving to be a similar tone as what Thank You For Smoking Was, but more serious, but to me it totally missed. I could be wrong about the tone, though.

American Dreams:
Kind of funny, but totally forgettable.

Rounders:
Great movie. I never saw it before, and I am a big time poker player and I loved it. It was Ali's second time seeing it, but this time she actually understood the game a little bit, so she enjoyed it more.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Hella wrote:
Lord of War:
Not all that great, I think it was striving to be a similar tone as what Thank You For Smoking Was, but more serious, but to me it totally missed. I could be wrong about the tone, though.
the lord of war was released first wasnt it?
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
Hella wrote:
Lord of War:
the lord of war was released first wasnt it?
It probably was.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Snakes On a Plane - 8/10 - This movie was more fun that it probably had a right to be. I don't like snakes very much, but they were used pretty effectively in this movie. Having an interest mix of passengers helped. There was also a fair amount of variety in the way people got attacked by snakes.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Would you say it was better than what people though? It seems like all the hype killed the movie.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I don't remember specifically what people thought of it, just that it seemed to be fairly popular. I didn't see it in the theater because I didn't find the premise overly appealing, but it turned out to be pretty good.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty wrote:I don't remember specifically what people thought of it, just that it seemed to be fairly popular. I didn't see it in the theater because I didn't find the premise overly appealing, but it turned out to be pretty good.
there was big buzz over it online but most of the people who went to see it said it wasnt that great, i have not seen ti
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Lady In the Water - 7/10 - I didn't like the trailer for this movie very much, so I didn't go see it in the theater. Overall, I thought it was a pretty good movie, but it unfolded very slowly and I think that some people would get bored by it.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Talladega Nights - 6.5/10 - Will Ferrell movies are usually pretty funny and this Nascar comedy was no exception. It wasn't his best movie, but it had its moments.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty wrote:Talladega Nights - 6.5/10 - Will Ferrell movies are usually pretty funny and this Nascar comedy was no exception. It wasn't his best movie, but it had its moments.
It must be nice not to have a game addiction :p
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
It must be nice not to have a game addiction :p
I had one to Green Dragon for a while, but not since. I have a reading addiction and spend a lot of my time reading instead of gaming.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Unaccompanied Minors - 6/10 - Kids stuck in an airport at Christmas try to escape from security. Was it original? Not really, but it was fun and about what I expected. I enjoyed the movie and it had a few good laughs.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Miami Vice - 6.5/10 - This was a pretty standard action movie - solid and entertaining, but not spectacular. I was never a fan of the original tv show, but I enjoyed the movie.