my dsl keeps going offline

This forum is to jibber and jabber
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

kurt culler wrote:I was out in LA two years ago when I went to te San Diego Comic Con. I stayed with a friend who lives near Anaheim. I've been to Disneyland once in 1979 and Disneyworld twice. I've never been to a Six Flags, but Cedar Point is about a two hour drive from here and it is a great roller coaster park.
That's good. Roller coasters are a nice thing to have access to - an American tradition.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

derangeddm wrote:
kurt culler wrote:I was out in LA two years ago when I went to te San Diego Comic Con. I stayed with a friend who lives near Anaheim. I've been to Disneyland once in 1979 and Disneyworld twice. I've never been to a Six Flags, but Cedar Point is about a two hour drive from here and it is a great roller coaster park.
That's good. Roller coasters are a nice thing to have access to - an American tradition.
Oh Christ, you should see the ones they have down here. They look like something out of a Tim Burton film. I kid you not.
I had a wonderful time in Long Beach at the Wizard Con, although that city seems to be in a state of transformation.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
derangeddm wrote:
Oh Christ, you should see the ones they have down here. They look like something out of a Tim Burton film. I kid you not.
and probably just as safe.
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

kurt culler wrote:and probably just as safe.
Oh, pish-tosh. Magic Mountain only manages to kill off a dozen or two people a year. Nothing worth mentioning whatsoever...
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

derangeddm wrote:
Oh, pish-tosh. Magic Mountain only manages to kill off a dozen or two people a year. Nothing worth mentioning whatsoever...
I've been on Magic Mountain! It seemed perfectly safe! :shock:
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

derangeddm wrote:
I was actually thinking of the rides in Guatemala as being just as safe as the rides in a Tim Burton film would be. Can you imagine... Nightmare Before Your Ride Is Over. The Become a Corpse Bride honeymoon coaster.
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

fluffy wrote:I've been on Magic Mountain! It seemed perfectly safe! :shock:
Six Flags Magic Mountain is a fairly safe amusement park, but not up to Disney's standards. A large number of my friends locally worked there as teenagers, so I got much more information than I would normally be comfortable with. Same-same with having worked in a bank call center. Sometimes ignorance is bliss...
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I went to King's Island in Ohio once and their stand up roller coaster was closed because someone had goten out of the restraints, fallen and died the previous day. Talk about inspiring confidence. magic Mountain wa sokay, but I remember one of the employees using the scare tactic of telling us about the person who leaned out too far with their arms out and lost an arm.
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by jennifer stambersky »

the last time i rode a roller coster i was 18 and i almost had a real heart attack...i have never even thought of going on one since...though i would not qualify anyhow being that i have a bad heart now :roll:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\3c49.jpg
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

jennifer stambersky wrote:the last time i rode a roller coster i was 18 and i almost had a real heart attack...i have never even thought of going on one since...though i would not qualify anyhow being that i have a bad heart now :roll:
Jennifer I haven't been on one for so long I'm not sure what my body would do. I vaguely remembering throwing up after being on a Gyroscope ride once. :?
It's like Kurt said about the roller coaster rides down here. They look like Edward Scissorshands made them. There's no way I'd get on one.
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by jennifer stambersky »

i used to love going on the biggest of them over and over and over it was fun i never at the time thought i would at some point stop going on them..it scares me even to imagine it :shock:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\3c49.jpg
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Well neither the turbonet guys nor the electrician have shown up yet. This is crazy.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Well neither the turbonet guys nor the electrician have shown up yet. This is crazy.
They're all on 'Guatemala Time' so a week from Tuesday...maybe
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

With my luck the turbonet guys will show up this morning when I'm at tennis.
Which means they won't be able to do anything. At least I can go over to Marco's house and roust him , hopefully tonight.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Okay, the electrical problem is solved but I still need a new DSL box.
Can you believe it was related to the dimmer switches?