my dsl keeps going offline

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:now your going to have to wait for the electrician :P
The electrician lives 50 feet from my house. Two doors down and he'll be embarrassed to hear about this!
Oh yea, turning the TV on downstairs doesn't bother it either.

Dave, you're a genius! I just tried it because you mentioned it.
so it doesn't appear to be the dsl after all. what will poor esteban say?

Hopefully he won't call again so you won't have to worry about that.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

thankyou ? :P I think you figred that one out
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote: so it doesn't appear to be the dsl after all. what will poor esteban say?

I think ,if that poor kid does call again, I'm just going to have to ask him to stop calling. I hope I don't have to be rude because I hate that.
I thought he'd get it after I said no the first time...maybe he's just attracted to people he can speak English with? In which case, Antigua has plenty of those.
Yea I feel like an idiot for blaming them and they're still coming tomorrow to upgrade my equipment.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote: so it doesn't appear to be the dsl after all. what will poor esteban say?

I think ,if that poor kid does call again, I'm just going to have to ask him to stop calling. I hope I don't have to be rude because I hate that.
I thought he'd get it after I said no the first time...maybe he's just attracted to people he can speak English with? In which case, Antigua has plenty of those.
Yea I feel like an idiot for blaming them and they're still coming tomorrow to upgrade my equipment.
Maybe you shouldn't tell them. Just take the upgraded equipment, smile, and say thanks.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
Maybe you shouldn't tell them. Just take the upgraded equipment, smile, and say thanks.
I'm not telling them anything. I still think the equipment needs replacing,
partly due to how many power outtages and surges I've had this year.
:innocent look:
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Oh no big surprise! They didn't show up with the new equipment...so it's a very good thing part of the mystery is solved.
I talked to Marco the electrician today and he was really confused about how the light switches could affect the wall outlets but he's coming tomorrow to test the whole house.
This may be a blessing in disguise because I haven't fired up the kiln yet which takes major wattage and if everything wasn't kosher, it could have done some major damage.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Oh no big surprise! They didn't show up with the new equipment...so it's a very good thing part of the mystery is solved.
I talked to Marco the electrician today and he was really confused about how the light switches could affect the wall outlets but he's coming tomorrow to test the whole house.
This may be a blessing in disguise because I haven't fired up the kiln yet which takes major wattage and if everything wasn't kosher, it could have done some major damage.
They didn't show? I'm shocked!!! Shocked, I say. :wink:
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote: They didn't show? I'm shocked!!! Shocked, I say. :wink:
Me too! I'm outraged! How dare they!
I can't sit here all day every day waiting for their sorry asses to show up.
Oh Thank God I turned the lights out last night. It makes for an interesting atmosphere in the house at the moment. I need some wall sconces.(sp?)
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote: They didn't show? I'm shocked!!! Shocked, I say. :wink:
Me too! I'm outraged! How dare they!
I can't sit here all day every day waiting for their sorry asses to show up.
Oh Thank God I turned the lights out last night. It makes for an interesting atmosphere in the house at the moment. I need some wall sconces.(sp?)
walk around the halls carrying a torch. that could be interesting.
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

kurt culler wrote:walk around the halls carrying a torch. that could be interesting.
I recommend the British definition of torch. Much more acceptable to the local firemen. Also less soot.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

derangeddm wrote:
kurt culler wrote:walk around the halls carrying a torch. that could be interesting.
I recommend the British definition of torch. Much more acceptable to the local firemen. Also less soot.
true, true. not as much smoke or heat either
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

kurt culler wrote:true, true. not as much smoke or heat either
I sincerely hope so. Although, considering the track lighting lamps in my study, you can never be sure...
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

derangeddm wrote:
kurt culler wrote:true, true. not as much smoke or heat either
I sincerely hope so. Although, considering the track lighting lamps in my study, you can never be sure...
Where do you live? Dave, Jen and I are all from the Detroit area, Tommy is in Chicago, Kat is in Ontario, and Fluffy is in Guatemala so we're kind of spread out. Rick (when he posts which is rare) was based in Florida last I heard, though he may be back in Michigan.
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

kurt culler wrote:Where do you live? Dave, Jen and I are all from the Detroit area, Tommy is in Chicago, Kat is in Ontario, and Fluffy is in Guatemala so we're kind of spread out. Rick (when he posts which is rare) was based in Florida last I heard, though he may be back in Michigan.
Santa Clarita, CA. Basically as far north in LA county as you can get and still be in the county. About 2 hours' drive from Disneyland, depending on traffic. 15 minutes from Six Flags Magic Mountain, but haven't gone there since I moved to Santa Clarita... Been to Disneyland a few times, though (my wife's favorite place on Earth, I think).
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

derangeddm wrote:
kurt culler wrote:Where do you live? Dave, Jen and I are all from the Detroit area, Tommy is in Chicago, Kat is in Ontario, and Fluffy is in Guatemala so we're kind of spread out. Rick (when he posts which is rare) was based in Florida last I heard, though he may be back in Michigan.
Santa Clarita, CA. Basically as far north in LA county as you can get and still be in the county. About 2 hours' drive from Disneyland, depending on traffic. 15 minutes from Six Flags Magic Mountain, but haven't gone there since I moved to Santa Clarita... Been to Disneyland a few times, though (my wife's favorite place on Earth, I think).
I was out in LA two years ago when I went to te San Diego Comic Con. I stayed with a friend who lives near Anaheim. I've been to Disneyland once in 1979 and Disneyworld twice. I've never been to a Six Flags, but Cedar Point is about a two hour drive from here and it is a great roller coaster park.