my dsl keeps going offline

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

you know what I just thought of this. fluffy do you have your A/C running and do you have flickering lights when it goes on?
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:you know what I just thought of this. fluffy do you have your A/C running and do you have flickering lights when it goes on?
Well I don't have A/C Dave and no flickering lights either. But here's the good news. Juan and Saturnino just finally showed up and reconfigured the whole thing again. They said hopefully it will work now but regardless they've left the work order open so the other team will be here on Monday to change out the box no matter what , because they think it should be changed anyway.

Were you thinking I was having a power drain?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:you know what I just thought of this. fluffy do you have your A/C running and do you have flickering lights when it goes on?
Well I don't have A/C Dave and no flickering lights either. But here's the good news. Juan and Saturnino just finally showed up and reconfigured the whole thing again. They said hopefully it will work now but regardless they've left the work order open so the other team will be here on Monday to change out the box no matter what , because they think it should be changed anyway.

Were you thinking I was having a power drain?
Yay, progress!!! Did either Juan or Saturnino ask you to go with them to the Korean embassy for a concert?

:P
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

NO but I told them about Esteban and they both burst out laughing, especially when I said a date is the last thing I wanted from turbonet! :P

I wonder how many clients Esteban has hit on?

Sooo if I'm on LOGD after 6 you know I'm working. I swear I'll do a REAL Happy dance.
I'm already excited and I have a great fear it's gonna come 6 and BOOM go away!
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

yes, mine goes down alot do to power fluctuations
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Well obviously it's not fixed. :?
But can you believe Esteban called me last night about the concert and when I told him NO twice he told me he'd be in Antigua for a concert on August 21 and would I go to that? I can't believe it. Then he gave me his personal phone number! In the meantime I tell him that Juan and Saturnino did not fix my internet but this is insane. He wasn't at work when he called last night ...dios mio, it made me feel creepy that he carries around my phone number.
If this keeps happening should I report him?
I sincerely hope they fix this on Monday.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Well obviously it's not fixed. :?
But can you believe Esteban called me last night about the concert and when I told him NO twice he told me he'd be in Antigua for a concert on August 21 and would I go to that? I can't believe it. Then he gave me his personal phone number! In the meantime I tell him that Juan and Saturnino did not fix my internet but this is insane. He wasn't at work when he called last night ...dios mio, it made me feel creepy that he carries around my phone number.
If he calls again, I would report him. I noticed that you sort of disappeared. That sucks. It's weird that it's keeping sort of regular hours.
Kat
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Kat »

You should tell him to stop calling you. If he doesn't stop. You have to report him right away, or he's just going to keep going. Be CAREFUL out there.
*Swings sword randomly*
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
fluffy wrote:Well obviously it's not fixed. :?
If he calls again, I would report him. I noticed that you sort of disappeared. That sucks. It's weird that it's keeping sort of regular hours.
I know, that makes me think they have me hooked up incorrectly.
I don't want to be impolite to this guy but hopefully he won't call again.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Dave you aren't going to believe this but I turned off the lights and the internet works!
I think the electrician messed up the wiring in the final bit of the house he was doing three weeks ago ...so I don't know how you figured it out, but now
here I am!
That's why it was going out at 6 every day. That's when I turned on the office lights.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
Dave you aren't going to believe this but I turned off the lights and the internet works!
I think the electrician messed up the wiring in the final bit of the house he was doing three weeks ago ...so I don't know how you figured it out, but now
here I am!
That's why it was going out at 6 every day. That's when I turned on the office lights.
well, how about that. congratulations. you're not in the dark about a solution anymore.

wait, I guess you are in the dark after all :P
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

now your going to have to wait for the electrician :P
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote: well, how about that. congratulations. you're not in the dark about a solution anymore.

wait, I guess you are in the dark after all :P
I am WAY in the dark! The bathroom light doesn't bother it, the entrance lights don't bother it, the corridor lights DO bother it but the kitchen doesn't. Half the lights in this room bother it but the ones under the loft don't. I have to get the electrician back to test everything.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

But yeah, knowing the problem , in this case, means there is a solution!
Hey I'm happy!
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:now your going to have to wait for the electrician :P
The electrician lives 50 feet from my house. Two doors down and he'll be embarrassed to hear about this!
Oh yea, turning the TV on downstairs doesn't bother it either.

Dave, you're a genius! I just tried it because you mentioned it.