Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

124 - We Are Marshall - 8/10 - A movie about the 1970 plane crash that killed most of the Marshall University football team and staff. Very entertaining and moving plus some good football action.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

125 - Norbit - 5/10 - This movie was actually better than I expected, with a couple of laugh out loud moments. Still, it is a decidedly average comedy with nothing really special to distinguish it. Eddie Murphy stars as a timid guy married to a loud, rude, immense woman (also played by Murphy). His childhood girlfriend comes back to town and changes the equation.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

126 - The Grapes of Wrath - 6/10 - This is a classic movie about a man named Tom Joad who returns home after being paroled from prison to find his family forced off their land during the Great Depression. They head to California to try and find work, but find problems there as well. The movie seems to be well written and acted, but I was distracted by the fact that I found it all incredibly boring. It did win a couple of Oscars and was nominated for Best Picture, but it just didn't appeal to me. Your mileage may vary.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Your making me feel like im back in films class...
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:Your making me feel like im back in films class...
Good. :P

127 - Mr. Smith Goes to Washington - 9/10 - Jimmy Stewart plays a popular Boy Ranger leader who gets chosen to replace a deceased Senator. When he goes off to Washington, he finds it isn't quite what he expected. A very entertaining film.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

128 - The Bishop's Wife - 7/10 - Cary Grant plays an angel named Dudley who comes down to give guidance to a bishop who is preoccupied with building a new cathedral. A good movie, though not in the same class as It's a Wonderful Life. It was much more laid back and didn't have quite the same spark.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

129 - Hard Candy - 8/10 - A disturbing (but excellent) movie about a young girl who hooks up with a 30 something guy that she met on the internet. He's got all the markings of a pedophile, but she's got her own agenda. Lots of twists and turns. It might be a hard movie for some people to watch.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

130 - Annie Hall - 6/10 - Woody Allen stars as a comedian named Alvy who falls in love with a nightclub singer named Annie Hall. The movie covers their relationship from start to finish. The movie was okay, but I've never been much of a Woody Allen fan so I didn't enjoy it as much as some people might. It was funny at times, but kind of boring.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

131 - Drunken Master - 7/10 - An early Jackie Chan film where he plays the son of a kung fu master who frequently gets in trouble and is sent off to learn from another kung fu master, one who happens to fight usiung the style of the 8 drunken gods. I've enjoyed other Jackie Chan films more, but this one was fun and had plenty of humor and fighting, often both at the same time, a characteristic of Chan's films.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I watched Fantastic 4 RotSS it was pretty good but not "great" to me :(
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

132 - Some Like It Hot - 9.5/10 - Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis star as two Chicago musicians who witness a murder and join a girl band that is travelling to Florida in order to escape the gang that is after them. A very funny movie that also stars Marilyn Monroe. There are tons of gags and jokes and the movie was very entertaining.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

133 - The Maltese Falcon - 6/10 - Maybe I'm just not much of a flim noir fan, but I didn't find this movie to be that interesting. It had a few decent parts and the ending was pretty good, but I found much of it kind of dull. I didn't really like any of the characters, including Bogart's detective Sam Spade.
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

Rusty wrote:It was funny at times, but kind of boring.
To me, that's Woody Allen in a nutshell. I've liked most of his movies that I've seen, though.

I saw his movie "Anything Else" starring him, Jason Biggs and Christina Ricci before I saw Annie Hall and he borrowed a lot of stuff from Annie Hall.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

134 - Chinatown - 8.5/10 - Jack Nicholson plays a private investigator in 1930s LA who is hired for an adultery case that turns into something a lot more. I enjoyed this movie quite a bit. Very entertaining throughout with plenty of twists and turns. This is the oldest Nicholson movie that I've seen and I think he looks pretty young in it. I know he'd already been in the business for over a decade at this point, though. I've heard that the (much later) sequel isn't nearly as good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

135 - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - 10/10 - A very funny and yet poignant movie about a convict who gets transferred to a mental institution and has a large effect on the inmates there. What a superb cast. I didn't even realize that Danny DeVito played Martini until I saw the credits.