Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

I do like the idea of certain comic arcs being animated. It could be very cool to see things play out on screen like Kingdom Come.

This just missed the mark in my mind, though.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I havent seen any of the comic movies that have been released it does seem like an ongoing trend.

I watched death proof yesterday, most of the movie wasn't that good it was the last 20 min or so that was good to me
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

115 - The Searchers - 8.5/10 - John Wayne stars as a Civil War veteran who spends years searching for his niece after she is captured by a group of Comanche. A very entertaining western with lots of action.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

116 - All About Eve - 7.5/10 - Very little action, but star performances from Bette Davis and Anne Baxter in this movie about a conniving young actress who insinuates herself into the life of an aging theater star and her circle of friends.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

117 - It's a Wonderful Life - 10/10 - The story of George Bailey, who gets a chance, when he is struggling one Christmas, to see what life would be like if he had never been born. I enjoyed the movie a lot and even though this movie has been a holiday staple for decades, this is the first time I'd seen it.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Dear god man you have never seen it before!!!!!
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:Dear god man you have never seen it before!!!!!
Nope. I was never interested in watching it before.

118 - On the Waterfront - 8/10 - Marlon Brando is excellent in this movie about waterfront corruption. Brando plays a former prizefighter who starts to have misgivings about the mob when he is used to lure a friend to his death.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

119 - Knocked Up - 7.5/10 - A guy who spends most of his time getting high gets a woman pregnant and then has to do the right thing. I didn't think this movie was as outrageously funny as it has been built up to be, but I liked it and think it is a good, solid comedy.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

120 - City Lights - 8/10 - Charlie Chaplin stars as The Tramp, who befriends a blind girl who sells flowers and a wealthy man who likes to drink. Pantomime isn't really my type of movie, but I found this movie to be pretty interesting. The boxing scene was hilarious.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

121 - The Graduate - 7/10 - Dustin Hoffman stars as a college graduate who has an affair with a married woman and later falls in love with her daughter. I see this as a tale of two movies. I did not like the first half of the movie very much and would only rate it 5/10. It does show the aimlessness Ben feels upon graduation, but it nearly bored me to death. Things picked up a lot once Elaine came on the scene and the ending was great.

It was kind of funny seeing Norman Fell (Mr. Roper) in the movie as a landlord. It made me wonder what Three's Company would have been like with Dustin Hoffman. That show would have been pretty strange I imagine.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Not seeing that movies makes me not fully understand the whole mrs robinson scene
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Mrs. Robinson was a witch. The soundtrack was very cool, though.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

122 - Sunset Boulevard - 8.5/10 - A struggling writer stumbles upon a rundown mansion. Inside the mansion is a rich, aging silent film star and the man gets caught up in her insanity. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. William Holden did a nice job as the writer and Swanson was convincing as the silent film star, which of course she was. It was interesting seeing Cecil B. DeMille in the film along with the set of the movie he was filming at the time.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty wrote:Mrs. Robinson was a witch. The soundtrack was very cool, though.
ill check the soundtrack out at some point.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

123 - High Noon - 9/10 - Marshal Kane finds it hard to get any help when convicted murderer Frank Miller and friends come back to town after an absence of five years. This movie had quite a bit of suspense and was very entertaining. The sparse soundtrack and the use of black and white instead of color added to the picture.