Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Hella wrote:I saw Superbad this weekend, and it was really funny. It was a little different from the normal teen comedy and the soundtrack is pretty bad ass.
I definitely want to see it, but might end up waiting for the dvd.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

93 - Music and Lyrics - 7.5/10 - A 1980s pop star has-been played by Hugh Grant is asked to write a new song for a teen superstar. He can't write lyrics so he ends up teaming with the woman who comes to water his plants (played by Drew Barrymore) who happens to have a way with words. I liked the movie quite a bit and thought the songs were very good as well. The 80s songs definitely felt like they would fit right in with other groups from the same era.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I dont know if that movie would drive me nuts or not.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

94 - Catch and Release - 6.5/10 - A woman loses her fiance just before their wedding and has to cope with his death with the help of his friends. Not a bad movie and with plenty of funny moments as the romantic comedy aspects come into play.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

95 - TMNT - 6/10 - Leo has been away for a year while training and the group has *ahem* splintered in his absence. When he returns, a new enemy arrives as well. I thought the animation was very good and the story was okay, though a bit simplistic. I liked it, though.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty wrote:splintered
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

96 - Happy Feet - 7/10 - A penguin who likes to dance when all the rest of the penguins sing. An enjoyable movie. I liked the singing and comedic moments. It certainly would have been a different movie if it had ended at 'Penguin Heaven'.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

97 - Cowboy Bebop the Movie - 8/10 - Bounty hunters Spike, Jet, and Faye decide to go after the person who released a deadly virus when a large reward is posted. The animation was very good, the soundtrack was excellent, and the story was very good as well.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

98 - Hot Fuzz - 9/10 - A highly decorated London cop is transferred to an idyllic country town and runs across a series of murders. This movie was very funny, serious, and absurd in turns. It was also very entertaining.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I had the chance to see it a few weeks ago but i didnt have time :(
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

99 - The Naked Mile - 5/10 - Erik Stifler is having trouble living up to the Stifler name since he's about to graduate and is still a virgin. Then comes the trip to visit his cousin at U of M and the Naked Mile. I didn't like the opening sequence of the movie, but it ended up better than I thought. There were a few laugh out loud parts. The worst of the 'American Pie' movies, though.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

100 - Blade Runner - 5.5/10 - I decided to give this movie another chance seeing as how it is a science fiction 'classic'. However, I ended up feeling the same way I did the other few times I watched it 15-20 years ago - bored and not really caring for any of the characters. It just didn't resonate with me. Oh well.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty wrote:100 - Blade Runner - 5.5/10 - I decided to give this movie another chance seeing as how it is a science fiction 'classic'. However, I ended up feeling the same way I did the other few times I watched it 15-20 years ago - bored and not really caring for any of the characters. It just didn't resonate with me. Oh well.
you are no sci-fi fan :x
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote: you are no sci-fi fan :x
Sure I am. There are a ton of science fiction movies that I like, including Pitch Black, Gattaca, Galaxy Quest, the Star Wars and Star Trek movies, Contact, Fifth Element, and many more. Heck, I even like the adventures of Pluto Nash. I just didn't care for Blade Runner very much.

101 - Meatballs with commentary. The commentary track was pretty decent and the featurettes were good, too.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

102 - Blade Runner The Director's Cut - not that much different from the other version. I think ending where they did was a good idea.