Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:I have a choice to see War of the Worlds or Fantastic Four this weekend.
Which should I see?
Both movies were good so it is a tough call, but I would probably choose Fantastic Four. War of the Worlds is worth seeing, though.

I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I enjoyed it and it was better than I was expecting. I still prefer Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, though.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I just got done watching Barbershop on dvd. That was a pretty funny movie and is worth checking out if you haven't seen it.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:I just got done watching Barbershop on dvd. That was a pretty funny movie and is worth checking out if you haven't seen it.
I've seen it. It is very funny.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:I just got done watching Barbershop on dvd. That was a pretty funny movie and is worth checking out if you haven't seen it.
I've seen it. It is very funny.
Did you ever see the Friday movies? They were pretty funny, though not quite as good as Barbershop
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Yes I 've seen the Friday Movies several times. I love Ice Cube and I think John Witherspoon is hilarious.

I haven't seen Barbershop 2: Back in Business yet so that's on my list.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

so how did you like FF, Fluffy?
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:so how did you like FF, Fluffy?
It really felt like Stan Lee. I thought they pretty much nailed the characters and I really liked Doom...he was excellent. Johnny Storm was terrific and I think my only complaint would be that the cinematography was a little flat .....but I think it was very good and very funny.

Does it make sense when I say it felt very much like Stan Lee would want it to be?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:so how did you like FF, Fluffy?
It really felt like Stan Lee. I thought they pretty much nailed the characters and I really liked Doom...he was excellent. Johnny Storm was terrific and I think my only complaint would be that the cinematography was a little flat .....but I think it was very good and very funny.

Does it make sense when I say it felt very much like Stan Lee would want it to be?
Yep, like a 60s FF story by Stan Lee. I found myself wishing that Doom's voice was deeper once he put on the mask (as I mentioned before - Darth Doom indeed), but other than that was pretty happy with it.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Somehow my IDISH is picking up three PPV channels for some reason and I managed to watch Be Cool which is very funny and thoroughly entertaining, and The Aviator which just blew me away. I have never really liked Leonardo Di Caprio but he did a fantastic job in this film. What a really brilliant film. Cate Blanchett was also excellent as Kate Hepburn. The film was really outstanding and it isn't the kind of film that necessitates a large screen. Scorcese never ceases to amaze me.

The third PPV film I'm getting is The Seed of Chucky which I'll probably watch because I can.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

show me the blueprints.....show me the blueprints...show me the blueprints..show me the blueprints.show me the blueprints........................show me the blueprints.show me the blueprints.show me the blueprints.show me the blueprints.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:show me the blueprints.....show me the blueprints...show me the blueprints..show me the blueprints.show me the blueprints........................show me the blueprints.show me the blueprints.show me the blueprints.show me the blueprints.
The way of the future...the way of the FUTURE....the WAY of the future...the way of the future.the way of the future..the way of the FUTure...the way of the future.......yeah I went to bed last night with that in my head.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

hehe
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:show me the blueprints.....show me the blueprints...show me the blueprints..show me the blueprints.show me the blueprints........................show me the blueprints.show me the blueprints.show me the blueprints.show me the blueprints.
The way of the future...the way of the FUTURE....the WAY of the future...the way of the future.the way of the future..the way of the FUTure...the way of the future.......yeah I went to bed last night with that in my head.
Aviator was a good movie, but I think Million Dollar Baby was a lot better

I watched King Arthur on dvd this morning and enjoyed it quite a bit. I went to see Bad News Bears this afternoon and it was okay, but I don't see why they needed to remake it. The original was far superior to the remake.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

I wondered how the Bad News Bears was going to be. I just watched the old one and I couldn't really see how they could improve on it. Walter Matthau was a classic.

I watched The Seed of Chucky and it was hilarious. I don't normally watch Chucky movies but since it was a freebie I thought why not.
Jennifer Tilly was too much.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I just watched Wimbledon on dvd and enjoyed it just as much as I did in the theaters. I think that even people who don't like tennis would enjoy this movie. The tennis scenes seemed very accurate.