I present to you Legend of the Green Dragon

This forum is to jibber and jabber
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

fluffy wrote:Oh good choice! It is terribly addicting! I never used to stay up so late. I'm just glad I'm not an online poker player.
Well, I'm on the west coast, so my refreshes are at 5:00 and 11:00. Fortunately, I've always been an early riser, so I get two turns in before dawn, pretty much. One of my (wife's) cats wakes me at between 4:15 and 4:30, whether I like it or not...
:roll:
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

kurt culler wrote:the minotaur doesn't come up too often. I usually wait until I have 5 buffs to go up against them. When you go after the manticore, you cometimes have to fight a wolf or two before you find it. when you fight the minotaur, you have to return his head to Dag.
Thanks for the info - only another 1:30 or so before I can see how that works... Of course, I am still pretty low level, so maybe not.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

derangeddm wrote:
kurt culler wrote:the minotaur doesn't come up too often. I usually wait until I have 5 buffs to go up against them. When you go after the manticore, you cometimes have to fight a wolf or two before you find it. when you fight the minotaur, you have to return his head to Dag.
Thanks for the info - only another 1:30 or so before I can see how that works... Of course, I am still pretty low level, so maybe not.
I'd wait until level 10 probably. I think you only get 1 shot at the manticore per dragon kill round and you don't always get a chance to go after the minotaur. I see that you have Thieving Skills. I;ve tried all of them and decided that these are the best. Backstab is awesome when going against the dragon. Harper hit him for 697 points of damage last time.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

derangeddm wrote:
I wouldn't try it until level 10 and up. It's a seriously bad fight and fast. Faster than the dragon in fact.
You're moving up so fast this time through the levels that you'll be there in no time.
Where in the West Coast are you? Northwest?
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

fluffy wrote:I wouldn't try it until level 10 and up. It's a seriously bad fight and fast. Faster than the dragon in fact.
You're moving up so fast this time through the levels that you'll be there in no time.
Where in the West Coast are you? Northwest?
Level 10, got it. I'm at the north end of Los Angeles County, in California. Basically 2 hours' drive from Disneyland. I hear you're from Guatemala, correct? Or is my memory for names still spectacularly lousy?
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

derangeddm wrote:
Level 10, got it. I'm at the north end of Los Angeles County, in California. Basically 2 hours' drive from Disneyland. I hear you're from Guatemala, correct? Or is my memory for names still spectacularly lousy?
Yep I live in Guatemala. I bet you hear a bunch of Spanish there in the LA area. I noticed it's getting almost as latin as Miami when I was in Long Beach last year.
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

fluffy wrote:Yep I live in Guatemala. I bet you hear a bunch of Spanish there in the LA area. I noticed it's getting almost as latin as Miami when I was in Long Beach last year.
Not so much where I am, but yes. I'm starting to have to brush up on my Spanish so I can understand what is being said about me. (Two years of Spanish 12 years ago, so "yo no hablo espanol" is fairly accurate).

So what interests do people have around here, aside from silliness (nothing wrong with that, of course)?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

derangeddm wrote:
fluffy wrote:Yep I live in Guatemala. I bet you hear a bunch of Spanish there in the LA area. I noticed it's getting almost as latin as Miami when I was in Long Beach last year.
Not so much where I am, but yes. I'm starting to have to brush up on my Spanish so I can understand what is being said about me. (Two years of Spanish 12 years ago, so "yo no hablo espanol" is fairly accurate).

So what interests do people have around here, aside from silliness (nothing wrong with that, of course)?
Fluffy, dave and I all collect and read comic books. Fluffy and I are into science fiction and fantasy novels. We also talk about movies, television, and music some times. There is an rpg mod on this web site if it interests you (just click the ADR RPG Mod at the top). It isn't nearly as much fun as LOTGD, but can be interesting.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

One problem the board has had is in getting new blood in here. With your next post you'll be tied for 12th place in total posts, though you'll have quite a ways to go to make it into the top 5. There are a few people who post occasionally, including Dave's 2 sisters, but mainly it's Dave, Fluffy, me, Jen, and Tommy. Kat has started to post again recently too.

Dave, Fluffy and I also post in the View Askew webboard. I post on two other sites as well.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

derangeddm wrote: Not so much where I am, but yes. I'm starting to have to brush up on my Spanish so I can understand what is being said about me. (Two years of Spanish 12 years ago, so "yo no hablo espanol" is fairly accurate).

On this board? Okay, Dave is very much into pixel art amongst other things and that was the beginning of the board. I met him on another web board and then met him in person last year at a Renassiance Faire in Michigan. Then he started this board and I came along with it when he invited me from the other board we posted on. It began as all friends and family of Dave ( Psychotic Carp) and Kurt is superhuman.
We talk about books, movies, television, sports, and life. Some of the members have kids, one is a kid, um......you say unemployed, what do you do when employed?
There's more about this board but the bottom line is it's got very nice, very cool helpful people.
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

kurt culler wrote:Fluffy, dave and I all collect and read comic books. Fluffy and I are into science fiction and fantasy novels. We also talk about movies, television, and music some times. There is an rpg mod on this web site if it interests you (just click the ADR RPG Mod at the top). It isn't nearly as much fun as LOTGD, but can be interesting.
Ah - sci-fi and comic books. The board I found LOtGD from was Baen's Bar, the web-board for Baen Publishing. If you haven't already, you may want to check out the free library, and the free samples from Baen's schedule - a great way to stretch your reading dollar.

http://www.baen.com/library/defaultTitles.htm for the library. The schedule is off the main site as well.

As you can guess, I'm a heavy sci-fi reader. Also a bit of a computer junkie, and I play pen-and-paper roleplaying games when I have the chance. Sounds like I should hang out here for a bit...
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

derangeddm wrote:
kurt culler wrote:Fluffy, dave and I all collect and read comic books. Fluffy and I are into science fiction and fantasy novels. We also talk about movies, television, and music some times. There is an rpg mod on this web site if it interests you (just click the ADR RPG Mod at the top). It isn't nearly as much fun as LOTGD, but can be interesting.
Ah - sci-fi and comic books. The board I found LOtGD from was Baen's Bar, the web-board for Baen Publishing. If you haven't already, you may want to check out the free library, and the free samples from Baen's schedule - a great way to stretch your reading dollar.

http://www.baen.com/library/defaultTitles.htm for the library. The schedule is off the main site as well.

As you can guess, I'm a heavy sci-fi reader. Also a bit of a computer junkie, and I play pen-and-paper roleplaying games when I have the chance. Sounds like I should hang out here for a bit...
:P :P

I've been a member of Baen's Bar since a couple of months after it formed, say 1997 or 1998. I'm a huge scifi reader myself. Their free library is a great thing, though I prefer the printed books myself. I'm fortunate enough to be able to buy Baen titles directly from Simon and Schuster and I get ARCs from there as well. I'm going to read the new David Weber book, At All Costs, as soon as I get a few library books out of the way.

Do you remember where in Baen's Bar you found the link? I don't remember if I posted it or not, but I don't think I did and I'm curious who did leave it.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

never mind. I did a search and I left it in Ringo's Tavern under Games. I remember leaving it now :D
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:never mind. I did a search and I left it in Ringo's Tavern under Games. I remember leaving it now :D
Oh this is a cool bizarro tight little world we live in! :P
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

kurt culler wrote: :P :P

I've been a member of Baen's Bar since a couple of months after it formed, say 1997 or 1998. I'm a huge scifi reader myself. Their free library is a great thing, though I prefer the printed books myself. I'm fortunate enough to be able to buy Baen titles directly from Simon and Schuster and I get ARCs from there as well. I'm going to read the new David Weber book, At All Costs, as soon as I get a few library books out of the way.

Do you remember where in Baen's Bar you found the link? I don't remember if I posted it or not, but I don't think I did and I'm curious who did leave it.
Barfly-on-the-wall since late '99. It was posted in the Bar proper.

What - you didn't buy the e-ARC? I didn't, but that's because my budget is limited. I like the paper myself, but I read from electronic devices just fine, and a PDA is a heck of a lot smaller than the latest David Weber tome. Besides, I finally got my wife reading from Baen's catalog, so Webscriptions just make sense. Although, if I could buy direct from the printer, that might be a different thing...