I present to you Legend of the Green Dragon

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: XP loss when PvP'ed

Post by Rusty »

derangeddm wrote: I was looking at my stats earlier, and I had 24 PvPs my first go-round, 32 my second, 8 my third, and 6 last time. So the XP opportunities are drying up all over. Can't let that happen to Harper and Rusty - it wouldn't be fair!!!
Rusty has had 11 total pvps, winning 9 of them. Harper has only had 5 pvps, winning 4. One of the losses for each was attacking somebody who was 2 levels higher. I won't do that again, even if my HP is higher. If someone were to attack me, though, I think they would have a tough time :D
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Where do you find your PvP stats?
Somewhere in the preferences?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

My favorite is the people who have attacked the Admin. Big mistake. I think his attack and defense is set at 100 or more with a huge number of HP.

The people who attack him are committing suicide.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Where do you find your PvP stats?
go to the clan halls, view the membership and then look at your own character. you can find the pvp stats under the statistical analysis
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

kurt culler wrote:Rusty has had 11 total pvps, winning 9 of them. Harper has only had 5 pvps, winning 4. One of the losses for each was attacking somebody who was 2 levels higher. I won't do that again, even if my HP is higher. If someone were to attack me, though, I think they would have a tough time :D
Well, 'He who will not risk, cannot win'. When I found this game, I decided to just poke around and have fun - but the dragonslaying is addictive. Funny thing - I don't think I have ever lost to the dragon, in all my attempts.

BTW - what, if any, use does a hat have? It is the one thing I haven't tried to buy...
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

kurt culler wrote:My favorite is the people who have attacked the Admin. Big mistake. I think his attack and defense is set at 100 or more with a huge number of HP.

Been there, done that. Never again - unless, of course, I want to get into the graveyard (basically, it's a good way to set up for gold farming).
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

derangeddm wrote:
kurt culler wrote:Rusty has had 11 total pvps, winning 9 of them. Harper has only had 5 pvps, winning 4. One of the losses for each was attacking somebody who was 2 levels higher. I won't do that again, even if my HP is higher. If someone were to attack me, though, I think they would have a tough time :D
Well, 'He who will not risk, cannot win'. When I found this game, I decided to just poke around and have fun - but the dragonslaying is addictive. Funny thing - I don't think I have ever lost to the dragon, in all my attempts.

BTW - what, if any, use does a hat have? It is the one thing I haven't tried to buy...
No use that I've seen. It's sort of a bragging rights thing, I guess. Look at the size of my... hat. I haven't seen any benefit to the tattoo either. in fact, I lost HP for a long time after I got it. Every day until it healed I woke up with lost HP because of the pain.

The dragonslaying is fairly addictive, which is why I do it lots. :P
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

kurt culler wrote:
fluffy wrote:Where do you find your PvP stats?
go to the clan halls, view the membership and then look at your own character. you can find the pvp stats under the statistical analysis
You can also get there from the "list warriors" option on the left of the screen when you are in a town. Still in statistical analysis.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

derangeddm wrote:
kurt culler wrote:My favorite is the people who have attacked the Admin. Big mistake. I think his attack and defense is set at 100 or more with a huge number of HP.

Been there, done that. Never again - unless, of course, I want to get into the graveyard (basically, it's a good way to set up for gold farming).
Aurador was the master of that before he stopped playing. I did it a few times early on.

I've lost to the dragon a couple of times on purpose - I was out of my special powers, but was able to get to level 15 so I suicided against the dragon, got resurrected and then kicked his ass. By the way, did you know that you don't have to have any turns left to seek out the dragon?

Out of curiousity, how did you find the game?
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

kurt culler wrote:Aurador was the master of that before he stopped playing. I did it a few times early on.

I've lost to the dragon a couple of times on purpose - I was out of my special powers, but was able to get to level 15 so I suicided against the dragon, got resurrected and then kicked his ass. By the way, did you know that you don't have to have any turns left to seek out the dragon?

Out of curiousity, how did you find the game?
In fact, I do know that hunting the dragon is a freebie. I tend to be stingy with my buffs in regular play, so I usually have at least 5 use points hanging when I am out of turns. Hence, dragon tartare...

Someone on the web-board I am actually addicted to posted a link here. I tried another LOGtD site as well, but that board offered new days every two hours and 100 turns/day - I am an addictive personality, so I decided I'd better stick with this one. That way I still can eat and/or sleep.
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

kurt culler wrote:No use that I've seen. It's sort of a bragging rights thing, I guess. Look at the size of my... hat. I haven't seen any benefit to the tattoo either. in fact, I lost HP for a long time after I got it. Every day until it healed I woke up with lost HP because of the pain.

The dragonslaying is fairly addictive, which is why I do it lots. :P
Probably similar with house sizes - though I bet for that one you can also get more keys to share. I'll play with it and let you know - once I get 35k gold in the bank, I might as well spend the overage. Can't take any more with me...
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

derangeddm wrote:
In fact, I do know that hunting the dragon is a freebie. I tend to be stingy with my buffs in regular play, so I usually have at least 5 use points hanging when I am out of turns. Hence, dragon tartare...
I try to only use the buffs when I am going after the minotaur, manticore or dragon, but sometimes I'll run across a tough s.o.b. or be attacked 5 times when going between cities and either have to use the buffs or die. It doesn't happen too often, but once in a while it will.
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

kurt culler wrote:I try to only use the buffs when I am going after the minotaur, manticore or dragon, but sometimes I'll run across a tough s.o.b. or be attacked 5 times when going between cities and either have to use the buffs or die. It doesn't happen too often, but once in a while it will.
I've never gone up against the minotaur or manticore - Just learned today that I could get gigs from the dude in the bar. I'll have to give them the old what-for...
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

derangeddm wrote:

Someone on the web-board I am actually addicted to posted a link here. I tried another LOGtD site as well, but that board offered new days every two hours and 100 turns/day - I am an addictive personality, so I decided I'd better stick with this one. That way I still can eat and/or sleep.
Oh good choice! It is terribly addicting! I never used to stay up so late. I'm just glad I'm not an online poker player.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

derangeddm wrote:
kurt culler wrote:I try to only use the buffs when I am going after the minotaur, manticore or dragon, but sometimes I'll run across a tough s.o.b. or be attacked 5 times when going between cities and either have to use the buffs or die. It doesn't happen too often, but once in a while it will.
I've never gone up against the minotaur or manticore - Just learned today that I could get gigs from the dude in the bar. I'll have to give them the old what-for...
the minotaur doesn't come up too often. I usually wait until I have 5 buffs to go up against them. When you go after the manticore, you cometimes have to fight a wolf or two before you find it. when you fight the minotaur, you have to return his head to Dag.