Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Movies

Post by Rusty »

Okay, what movies have you seen recently that you enjoyed?

I saw Million Dollar Baby over the weekend and it was great. I hope it sweeps the Academy Awards. The acting and directing were top notch and it is well worth checking out.

One cool thing for comic fans is that Morgan Freeman is shown sitting on his bed reading a copy of Mystic (from Crossgen). That was great.

On the video/dvd front, I just finished watching season 1 of Babylon 5 and am looking forward to watching the rest of the season soon.
Last edited by Psychotic_Carp on Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

i havent seen a movie in a theater in a while :( i have napoleon dynamite waiting here and i picked up mcguyver season 1 today. will i ever get to watch them ?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:i havent seen a movie in a theater in a while :( i have napoleon dynamite waiting here and i picked up mcguyver season 1 today. will i ever get to watch them ?
I watched Napoleon Dynamite a couple of weeks ago and thought it was okay. There were a few parts like the time machine which I thought were hilarious. A number of my students think it is one of the best movies ever.
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:i havent seen a movie in a theater in a while :( i have napoleon dynamite waiting here and i picked up mcguyver season 1 today. will i ever get to watch them ?
OOO, OOO ,OOO, I WANNA c napolean soooooooooo, much, and avp, GOSH....IDIOT
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:
I watched Napoleon Dynamite a couple of weeks ago and thought it was okay. There were a few parts like the time machine which I thought were hilarious. A number of my students think it is one of the best movies ever.
what time machine....damned you!
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

azianboi044 wrote:
go get a job and buy them :P
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by jennifer stambersky »

i went and saw a pink floyd lazer light show 8)
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

jennifer stambersky wrote:i went and saw a pink floyd lazer light show 8)
when? lately?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
kurt culler wrote: I watched Napoleon Dynamite a couple of weeks ago and thought it was okay. There were a few parts like the time machine which I thought were hilarious. A number of my students think it is one of the best movies ever.
The one to take them back to 1982... Gosh! :twisted:

Lafawnduh is some woman
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:
kurt culler wrote: I watched Napoleon Dynamite a couple of weeks ago and thought it was okay. There were a few parts like the time machine which I thought were hilarious. A number of my students think it is one of the best movies ever.
The one to take them back to 1982... Gosh! :twisted:

Lafawnduh is some woman
I HAVENT SEEN IT YET!!!!! :evil:
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

I really want to see Million Dollar Baby. Clint Eastwood rocks
I've only heard great things about that movie, plus I like Hilary Swank as an actress.
I guess the last movie I saw was Garden State and I really wasn't that impressed but maybe I heard way too much hype about it beforehand.
I also want to see Napolean Dynamite because I've heard it's the closest thing to an indy film out there at the moment.

I don't have a very big DVD collection. That's something I hope to remedy.
I have films on DVD but no seasons from television.
I've never even seen Babylon 5. I gather it's sci fi.. is like farscape?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:I really want to see Million Dollar Baby. Clint Eastwood rocks
I've only heard great things about that movie, plus I like Hilary Swank as an actress.
I guess the last movie I saw was Garden State and I really wasn't that impressed but maybe I heard way too much hype about it beforehand.
I also want to see Napolean Dynamite because I've heard it's the closest thing to an indy film out there at the moment.

I don't have a very big DVD collection. That's something I hope to remedy.
I have films on DVD but no seasons from television.
I've never even seen Babylon 5. I gather it's sci fi.. is like farscape?
Million Dollar Baby is really good!!! I went and saw Garden State because I like Zack Braff and i enjoyed it. I wasn't so sure at the beginning of the movie, but I warmed to it as it went along and I realized that the tone of the movie was sort of a metaphor for his coming out of his numb state.

I've got quite a few dvds, but I rent a bunch from the library as well. I borrowed the Babylon 5 dvds from a friend and am loaning him my Highlander dvds in return. B5 is more like Star Trek than Farscape. It takes on a space station (B5) in the middle of the 23rd century. The creator was J. Michael Straczynski who did Jeremiah for Showtime and also writes comic books, including Amazing Spiderman. The first season got more engrossing as it went along and I understand that the story is really one big 5 year arc, so I am looking forward to the rest of them.

I also have the latest Andromeda dvds to watch. That show isn't as much fun as B5, but it's okay. I loved Farscape when it was on and I enjoyed the Peacekeeper Wars miniseries last October.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
I went and saw Garden State because I like Zack Braff and i enjoyed it. I wasn't so sure at the beginning of the movie, but I warmed to it as it went along and I realized that the tone of the movie was sort of a metaphor for his coming out of his numb state.
That's exactly what it was about..and the film , with it's pacing handled that really well. Zack Braff was perfect in that role. I think what happened is I somehow got some weird spoilers somewhere that had me thinking it was a comedy. Although there were some very funny/strange scenes in it.
I've got quite a few dvds, but I rent a bunch from the library as well. I borrowed the Babylon 5 dvds from a friend and am loaning him my Highlander dvds in return. B5 is more like Star Trek than Farscape. It takes on a space station (B5) in the middle of the 23rd century. The creator was J. Michael Straczynski who did Jeremiah for Showtime and also writes comic books, including Amazing Spiderman. The first season got more engrossing as it went along and I understand that the story is really one big 5 year arc, so I am looking forward to the rest of them.

I also have the latest Andromeda dvds to watch. That show isn't as much fun as B5, but it's okay. I loved Farscape when it was on and I enjoyed the Peacekeeper Wars miniseries last October.
Babylon 5 sounds cool but you just named one of my favorite favorite series. I hated it when Highlander ended. Those DVDs are a must!
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by jennifer stambersky »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
jennifer stambersky wrote:i went and saw a pink floyd lazer light show 8)
when? lately?
yes i went last fiday i took my little brother who is 16 and my son who is 9 it was at the cranbrook institute of science so we went to the musiem as well . they had a display of a full t rex skeliton or how ever you spell it :roll:
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
azianboi044 wrote:
go get a job and buy them :P
yea, i'll go work at mickey d's, I COULD BARELY LOOK OVER SOME OF TERE COUNTERS