Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

16 - (TV) - Malcolm In the Middle Season 1 - I haven't watched these episodes since they first aired, but I still think they are just as funny today. I stopped watching the show during the second season, but would probably watch the later seasons if they ever release them on dvd.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

17 - (TV) - T.J. Hooker Season 1 - William Shatner in full melodramatic mode as a police sergeant in a big city. I was never too interested in this show when it first aired, though I did see a couple of episodes. I enjoyed this collection and will get to season 2 eventually.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

18 - (TV) - The Facts of Life Season 1 - I don't think I'd ever seen the first season before with the larger cast of girls. I had no idea that Molly Ringwald was one of the Eastland girls for a year. I think the show works better with the smaller group that they had in later seasons, but the show got better as the first season progressed. I'm certainly glad they dropped the headmaster since his character and Ms Mahoney were both very irritating characters.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Was joe a part of the first season?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:Was joe a part of the first season?
No, Jo was added at the beginning of the second season when they retooled the show. Several other girls - Nancy, Cindy, Sue Ann and Molly were dropped, though the first three girls made occasional guest appearances over the next couple of years. Molly (Ringwald) went on to movies and never made it back on to the show.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I caught up on a few shows I had taped, including Smallville, Monk, Psych, and the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Sarah Connor Chronicles was pretty good.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Im not sure if I remember this right but I think I rem when she left different strokes to do the spinoff I didnt start watching it then I think it was the second season that I started watching it
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

19 - (TV) - Challenge of the Super Friends Season 1 - I used to love the Super Friends as a kid, but I am more familiar with the iteration of the show that had the Wonder Twins. This season featured battles between the Super Friends and the Legion of Doom, which was made up of Luthor, Brainiac, Bizarro, and 10 other villains. The show has not held up well and I think it is pretty bad. There were a few good parts here and there, but I had to force myself to sit through the whole season. Wonder Woman is very ineffectual. Superman isn't much better. Total disregard for basic scientific facts. I guess kids weren't supposed to analyze things too closely and it is different viewing it as an adult. It also suffers in comparison to shows like Superman Animated and Batman Animated.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

20 - (TV) - Futurama Season 1 - I've seen a few scattered episodes of this show and enjoy the comic book, but for some reason I never watched my dvd collections of the show until now. It is an incredibly funny show with tons of laughs. I loved Robot Hell and laughed out loud when they used the cylon voice in one episode. Great stuff.
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

Futurama gets so much better. And the more you know about science and math the funnier it is for a lot of obscure and other background jokes.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

21 - (TV) - Futurama Season 2 - This season was a lot of fun. I don't think it was necessarily better than the first season, but it was certainly just as good. I loved the fun they had with M*A*S*H and other shows. All of the movies I watched last year helped me catch some of the references, including the nod to Midnight Cowboy with Zapp Branigan.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

22 - (TV) - The Paper Chase Season 2 - Showtime revived this law school drama 4 years after it got the axe from CBS. They showed 7 episodes in 1983 and then the rest of the series the following summer. There were a few cast members that didn't make the transition, but most of the main characters reprised their roles. An excellent series and still one of my favorites.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Im not sure how i feel about Lost today..... sorta meh I think :(
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

23 & 24 - (TV) - The Paper Chase Seasons 3 and 4 - I had a Paper Chase marathon today to watch the last half of season 3 and all of season 4 today. What an excellent series. Maybe someday it will receive a proper dvd release. In the flashbacks to the first season, it was clear how much John Houseman had aged over the 7-8 year period, though I didn't really notice it as the show progressed.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Ive never seen it!