Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

Hot Fuzz - Excellent
Grindhouse - Excellent

How has everyone been? How come neither of you boys signed up for Prom? You live closer than I do!
Lenorene
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Starfire wrote: How has everyone been? How come neither of you boys signed up for Prom? You live closer than I do!
I've been good. I thought about the Prom thing, but I think Wizard World is that weekend in Chicago, so that's where I'll be,
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Starfire wrote:Hot Fuzz - Excellent
Grindhouse - Excellent

How has everyone been? How come neither of you boys signed up for Prom? You live closer than I do!
JOb sucks but other than that its ok, I dont know what your talking about :(
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

Rusty wrote:I've been good. I thought about the Prom thing, but I think Wizard World is that weekend in Chicago, so that's where I'll be,
Comic conflict wins - I understand. Too bad though, it would have been nice to say hi!

PC, you really have been lost in WoW.
Lenorene
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Starfire wrote: PC, you really have been lost in WoW.
Its kinda dpressing if you think about it
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

My Super Ex-Girlfriend - 6.5/10 - Luke Wilson plays a guy who goes out on a date with a neurotic woman who turns out to be a superhero. I enjoyed the movie. It wasn't breaking much new ground, though the superpowers were a bit of a twist, but it was a fun movie.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Volver - 7.5/10 - This movie is about a woman (Penelope Cruz), her 14 year old daughter, her sister, and her (maybe) dead mother. They deal with an out of work husband, a corpse in a freezer, and a number of other things. There was a fair amount of humor in the movie and I found it pretty entertaining, though I hadn't realized it was in Spanish with English subtitles when I rented it. No matter, it was still good.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I heard it was real good, and had something about farts...
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:I heard it was real good, and had something about farts...
The mother likes to fart a lot.

Rebound - 5.5/10 - Martin Lawrence stars as a college coach with championship rings and a championship temper who gets himself kicked out of the NCBA and ends up coaching a pitiful middle school team in order to try and get his job back. The movie was fairly predictable and far fetched (middle school teams scoring 60+ points each in a game), but the movie was entertaining and fun. Not great by any stretch, but good enough.

(#38 for the year)
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

The Pacifier - 6/10 - Vin Diesel plays a navy seal who is assigned to bodyguard the family of a dead scientist whose invention is hidden somewhere around the family's house. He ends up as a babysitter when the mother has to go to Europe. The movie probably isn't going to win any awards, but I liked it. i went in with somewhat low expectations, but I thought it was fun and entertaining, if somewhat predictable.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Deja Vu - 7.5/10 - The movie starts with a terrorist bombing of a ferry. An ATF agent starts working on the case and also investigates a murder that may be related. He then discovers that maybe the murder victim can be saved after all. I thought the movie was very focused and entertaining. Denzel did a good job as usual.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Spider-Man 3 - 8.5/10 - I thought this movie was very good. I didn't like it quite as much as the second movie, but it was well done. Thomas Haden Church was perfect as Flint Marko/Sandman. I thought Eddie Brock was good and Venom was excellent, though I wish they'd deepened the voice when he became Venom. I think the 'dancing in the streets' scene should have been cut, even though it was funny. I know there have been mixed reviews for the movie, but I am happy with the end result.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Domino - 4/10 - The story of Domino Harvey, a fashion model turned bounty hunter. This is loosely based on the real Domino Harvey's life. The visual style can be a bit distracting and I thought the story was kind of weak. There were a few interesting parts, but overall I didn't care for the movie much.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

The Dukes of Hazzard - 4.5/10 - A pretty stupid movie, but I was expecting that going in. I'm not really a Jessica Simpson fan, but she looked good as Daisy Duke. I thought the college visit was funny.