hows your day going ?

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

How would we be able to fix it? We have no control over their home lives or what they do outside of school. If these problems were to be fixed, that should have been attempted long before they got to us at the high school level. We had just had an assembly the day before emphasizing the penalties for fighting and they get into a fight before school even starts the next day.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Sometimes you just have to sit down and listen to them, maybe theyre parents beat the shit out of them all day so thats all they know, get them to do something after school or try to help them find something they like. It will never be easy but sometimes its the right thing to do.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Maybe, but it's a job for social services not the school system. I really doubt if they'd be interested in anything like that anyway. We have enough to do helping those that want to take advantage of the opportunities they have to succeed.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I spent today watching the Lions and Tigers lose and also moving around some of the 3 cubic yards of dirt my neighbor had delivered. We're leveling off the alley between our houses and also putting some dirt around the foundation of the house where it has blown away a bit.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

How many games have they lost?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

The Tigers are 89-60, a game ahead of Minnesota, 5 games ahead of Chicago and 1 game behind New York if NY loses the second game of the doubleheader tonight. They're losing 5-4 in the ninth, but you never know.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I helped my brother move and helped remove a bunch of viruses on another persons computer
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I've got a bit of a cold and have felt somewhat tired today. I went to a book sale in the morning, watched the Michigan game, took a 2 hour nap from 5:30-7:30pm and then watched the Tigers clobber KC 15-4.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Where was the book sale and why is everyone getting sick?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

The book sale was at the Grosse Ponte Community Center on Mack. I went there last night to scout a bit and put together books that I was interested in. I got there early for the bag sale and when they let us in, went to the spots where I'd placed my books and quickly filled my bag. I was in and out in under 15 minutes with a full bag of books for $5.

Several of my students have been sick, so I might have caught something from one of them. I'm hoping I'll be over it by Monday. I seem to get these colds once or twice each school year and they are usually gone in a few days.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Well I played tennis this morning, did laundry , took a bath, and painted all afternoon. I got these really cool dogtags in the mail this last week and now I spend alot of time trying to explain what forever broken is to these people down here. I dare any of youse guys to give me a simple one sentence answer to that!

Sorry I'm such a sucky communicator. I never get near the computer much except to blow stuff up in photoshop or check emails.

Kurt you need to drink plenty of fluids, avoid dairy products and take lots of time release vitamin C.
Last edited by fluffy on Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I'm pretty much over it now. I was still feeling the effects yesterday, but they faded out today and I'm more or less back to normal. we had an open house at school today that was sparsely attended, but was okay.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

A non-art, art website?
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:A non-art, art website?
Okay I'll try that one Dave! :wink:
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote: Okay I'll try that one Dave! :wink:
It was the best I could come up with :(