hows your day going ?

This forum is to jibber and jabber
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

I still wonder where Dave put that logo?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:I still wonder where Dave put that logo?
Maybe he's working on upgrading it. Oh, Daaaaveeeee.

I went to breakfast with a friend, went to chhurch, watched the Tigers win, worked on comics, picked up a friend from the airport, and worked on comics some more. I have 48 long boxes done, which covers the Richie Riches, Archies, Disney, Harvey, and other kids comics. Geez that seems like a lot of kids comics. I have about 137 long boxes left to go and I will work on the semimajor companies next - Aircel, Dark Horse, IDW, Image, Valiant, etc. With luck, I'll have it mostly finished by the end of the week.

I had a bit of a shock while working in the basement tonight. Something went running across the floor. I think it was a small rat, but I don't know how it got in. I've had rats in the garage before, but never in the house. I went to KMart and got some rat bai and put it in the basement and in the garage. Hopefully it will kill the suckers and solve my problem. If not, I may try a rat zapper.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

What logo?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:What logo?
the LXC logo
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I dont post in there anymore since im so far behind I dont know whats going on in the comic world... at least not really
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Yeah but Dave at least 15 of us were using your beautiful logo!
And I miss it soooo much.

Please please please rehost it?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Today was pretty good. I worked in the basement for an hour or so this morning and then I stopped by school to drop off the bundles of notebooks I bought for the school year (I sell them to students for a quarter if they need one to take notes). Then I went to lunch with my college roommate. I had lost touch with him years ago and just got ahold of him two weeks ago. He's teaching at a high school nearby where another friend teaches. We ate at Logans and talked for about an hour and a half.

My softball game was cancelled due to rain, so I spent most of the evening working in the basement. I finished the DCs - all 52 boxes of them. I have Marvels and the rest of the independents to finish up and I'm aiming to be done on Friday.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I had new gutters installed today. the guys arrived around 9am and finished around 2pm. It looks like they did a nice job. The gutters have a filtration system that means that only water is supposed to get inside - so no more cleaning out leaves, sticks or other junk from them.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

you mean the ones with the top? We just put wire on top of ours, that keeps most of it out.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:you mean the ones with the top? We just put wire on top of ours, that keeps most of it out.
sort of, but this one is in the gutter itself for the most part.
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

My parents had those installed a while back. But what they had installed was something that slipped under the shingles and attached to the existing gutter.

Works like a charm.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I finished the sorting of the comic boxes. i worked a long time on it throughout the day and got the last 50 boxes done. I have a few misfiles to fix and I still have to update the computer list, but it should all be set before I go to Chicago. I also plan to sort through the many boxes of comics I've culled from the collection and get them ready to eventually put on ebay. Many of the comics are beat up copies that I replaces, but some of them are nice.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Today was pretty good. I didn't do much during the day, but had softball tonight. The playoffs started two weeks ago when we lost our first game (double elimination) and won the second game. There were no games last week, but we won both games tonight. The first game was very close and we won 6-2. The second game was close until the last two innings when we blew it open and won 18-3. The last round of the playoffs is next week, but I'm going to miss them because I'll be in Chicago. Maybe it will rain...
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Knowing Michigan it will rain.

I added another gig of ram so im running dual channel now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-channel_architecture
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I spent the day going from school to school setting up new coiers, without AC in most of the places, Im still slow :(