Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

The third movie I rented yesterday (and watched tonight) was Memoirs of a Geisha and it was very good. Suzuka Ohgo and Ziyi Zhang both did a great job as Chiyo. The scenery and music were also very good. This movie is well worth checking out.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Ive been meaning to see that at some point ill get my current movies into the dvd player and get them back to netflix
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:Ive been meaning to see that at some point ill get my current movies into the dvd player and get them back to netflix
I think it should have been one of the nominees for best picture. It was better than Good Night and Good Luck anyway.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Rusty wrote:The third movie I rented yesterday (and watched tonight) was Memoirs of a Geisha and it was very good. Suzuka Ohgo and Ziyi Zhang both did a great job as Chiyo. The scenery and music were also very good. This movie is well worth checking out.
I read the book and it was very good so it will be interesting to see the movie. It sounds like it will be good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on dvd tonight and I liked it quite a bit more than I did in the theater. It seemed a lot better the second time around. My favorite is still Prisoner of Azkaban, though.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I watched Mirrormask today, based on the story by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean. It was kind of strange, but I liked it. The girl who had the lead, Stephanie Leonidas, did an excellent job.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

What was it about?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:What was it about?
A young girl (13/14 or so) is growing up in a circus where her dad runs the circus and mom sells tickets and performs. She is part of the circus too, but wished she had a real life instead. Her mom gets sick and the girl wakes up a couple of nights later in a strange world where everyone wears masks. She has to try and find the mirrormask to save that world from being devoured by shadows and to get back to her own world. It's cool, but strange with lots of visual effects.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I just finished watching A History of Violence and thought it was very good. Viggo Mortensen did an excellent job and the school fight scene was pretty good.
Last edited by Rusty on Tue May 09, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

I think I'm going into Guatemala City to see Mission Impossible 3...I'll let you guys know what I think.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote:I think I'm going into Guatemala City to see Mission Impossible 3...I'll let you guys know what I think.
you mean your going to cruise to guatamala city...HA! I kill me.....
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
fluffy wrote:I think I'm going into Guatemala City to see Mission Impossible 3...I'll let you guys know what I think.
you mean your going to cruise to guatamala city...HA! I kill me.....
You're just sitting there laughing at yourself, aren't you?
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

No, im laughing with myself
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

OKay I saw: Mission Impossible 3 which was well worth the ticket price. I even forgot it was Tom scientology Cruise although they could have used Philip Seymour Hoffman more it was still a really good flick.

Memoirs of a Geisha was beautiful and a really faithful adaptation of the book

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire which I also enjoyed very much. Especially the dragon scenes.

Narnia, The lion, the witch and the Wardrobe which was way better than I thought it was going to be. Excellent casting!
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I saw Poseidon tonight and thought it was very entertaining. The original Poseidon Adventure might be a better movie, but this was very good and is worth seeing. Josh Lucas, Kurt Russell, Emmy Rossum, Mia Maestro, and Richard Dreyfuss all did a great job. Kevin Dillon was hilarious in his role.