questions to the "head cheese"

This forum is to jibber and jabber
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

is alienware the best kind of computer u can get?
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

AZNdude wrote:is alienware the best kind of computer u can get?
no, different models perform differently and you can buy the same components for less (this doesnt include their laptops). when you buy alienware your paying for the name your also buying a computer specifically made to perform well on games, not your every day office user.
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
AZNdude wrote:is alienware the best kind of computer u can get?
no, different models perform differently and you can buy the same components for less (this doesnt include their laptops). when you buy alienware your paying for the name your also buying a computer specifically made to perform well on games, not your every day office user.
ooooooooooooooh, thanx
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

why do you ask?
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:why do you ask?
my friend was asking me
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Dave,

Do you download .torrent files at all? I've tried downloading a few here and there and using bittorent and another client to download/open them, but haven't had any success. I don't know if I don't have it set up right or not.

The one I'm interested in now is the complete set of Hikaru No Go. I've been reading it in Shonen Jump, but it's going to take another 4 years or more to finish at the current rate and the story's pretty good. I don't know how time consuming it is supposed to be, but I thought once you got it started, it took care of itself for the most part.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty wrote:Dave,

Do you download .torrent files at all? I've tried downloading a few here and there and using bittorent and another client to download/open them, but haven't had any success. I don't know if I don't have it set up right or not.

The one I'm interested in now is the complete set of Hikaru No Go. I've been reading it in Shonen Jump, but it's going to take another 4 years or more to finish at the current rate and the story's pretty good. I don't know how time consuming it is supposed to be, but I thought once you got it started, it took care of itself for the most part.
if your getting the file at all then its working right, if thee are not enough seeds then its not going to go so fast :(
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I'm getting a file that is about 32 kb in size. I then try to start it with the application and it says 'Getting Torrent Info' and spins the wheel and doesn't get anywhere, even after an hour or more. It doesn't even start dowloading. There are supposedly 15 seeders for the file.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty wrote:I'm getting a file that is about 32 kb in size. I then try to start it with the application and it says 'Getting Torrent Info' and spins the wheel and doesn't get anywhere, even after an hour or more. It doesn't even start dowloading. There are supposedly 15 seeders for the file.
you might want to try a diff progam then

this works for me

http://azureus.sourceforge.net

i know they have an OS X version not sure if there is an OS 9 version

the .torrent file will contain all the info to actually download the real file I dont know why it would be doing tha on a mac