Post by Psychotic_Carp »

no one told me!
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Dang !
Happy Belated Birthday Kurt!

Last edited by fluffy on Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by jennifer stambersky »

haaaaaaaaappppyyyy biiiiirrrrth daaaaaaayyyy deaaarrrrr kuuuurrrrt happy birthday tooooooo youuuuu
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

who's kurt, ne how hapidy birthday :!:
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Dang !
Happy Belated Birthday Kurt!

mmmmm... cake. Thanks for the happy b-days. My birthday was pretty cool, but the weekend sucked a bit since my dad ended up having to go into the hospital. He hadn't been feeling good for about a week and it turns out his electrolytes were all screwed up and he was extremely low on potassium and salt. He's better now and should get out in a day or two.

Kurt
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:
mmmmm... cake. Thanks for the happy b-days. My birthday was pretty cool, but the weekend sucked a bit since my dad ended up having to go into the hospital. He hadn't been feeling good for about a week and it turns out his electrolytes were all screwed up and he was extremely low on potassium and salt. He's better now and should get out in a day or two.

Kurt
what caused it?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
kurt culler wrote:

Kurt
what caused it?
We think it was changes in the medication he takes for high blood pressure and other things. They caused his potassium and sodium levels to drop quite a bit and lead to his other problems. He seems to be better now and might be back home on Thursday

oh yeah, post #6 :!:
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote: He seems to be better now and might be back home on Thursday

good to hear sir
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by jennifer stambersky »

wow thats scary my mom went into the hospital the other day for double phomonia and i was freaked out i do not know what i would do if i lost her she is my best friend
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

I hope your dad is feeling better now Kurt and that your mom is better too Jennifer.
What a scary way to start 2005.
s3xy_k0rean_babi22
Reader
Reader

Post by s3xy_k0rean_babi22 »

HAPPI BE-LATED BIRFDAI TO U!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^
i <3 B@nAn@s!!!
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:I hope your dad is feeling better now Kurt and that your mom is better too Jennifer.
What a scary way to start 2005.
I'd say he's pretty much back to normal now. There is a little residual muscle damage which may heal, but he's pretty much back to his old self, which is good.

kurt
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
I'd say he's pretty much back to normal now. There is a little residual muscle damage which may heal, but he's pretty much back to his old self, which is good.

kurt
I'm really glad to hear that. My dad went through all sorts of problems and managed to completely recuperate.
It definitely stopped me from taking my folks for granted.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
I'm really glad to hear that. My dad went through all sorts of problems and managed to completely recuperate.
It definitely stopped me from taking my folks for granted.
I've noticed that my parents have definitely aged over the years, especially my dad. Other than a fracture in her arm, my mom hasn't been seriously ill or had any real health problems ever. My dad on the other hand has had both knees replaced, shoulder surgery, gall stones, a stroke, other ailments and now this. He is a lot slower getting around than when I was in high school, but I'm very glad he's still around. My grandfathers were only 69 and 72 when they died and my dad is almost 68 so I'm hoping he bucks the trend.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
I've noticed that my parents have definitely aged over the years, especially my dad. Other than a fracture in her arm, my mom hasn't been seriously ill or had any real health problems ever. My dad on the other hand has had both knees replaced, shoulder surgery, gall stones, a stroke, other ailments and now this. He is a lot slower getting around than when I was in high school, but I'm very glad he's still around. My grandfathers were only 69 and 72 when they died and my dad is almost 68 so I'm hoping he bucks the trend.
I hope he bucks the trend as well. One of the things I noticed that made a huge difference was how much spirit seemed to be involved. So much of the recuparation depended largely on my dad's will. His desire to keep on going. Plus don't forget that these days, there's a whole lot more information and health products that can enable people to live healthier lives.

I have a friend from a family where all the men died in their fifties from heart disease. He's in his thirties and has lost his father and the whole concept had him terrified. So now he excercises regularly and watches his diet and he has no problems whereas neither his father nor his uncle did that.