Dear Food Diary,

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote:
It' good to hear that you cook! I feel much better about your health now. About the thread, Smalls yelled at everyone, Jason yelled at Smalls, and Kevin told Jason he was "off the mark" and locked the thread. SO I'll find out what really happened in some of the other forums I frequent that Malcolm always posted on.
I wish he would tell that to him more often
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Me too babe...but he doesn't so...those are the breaks.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I decided to have pizza for lunch (Little Caesar's deep dish) and cooked up some pork loin for dinner.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

I had leftover pizza for lunch and beef tacos for dinner with chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream . I tell myself I need the calories for tennis tomorrow.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote:I tell myself I need the calories for tennis tomorrow.
like you have to worrk about it
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Yeah but I'm getting old Dave and they tell me that every year over 30 your metabolism slows down or some crap like that...one of these days I'll have to worry about it.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Yeah but I'm getting old Dave and they tell me that every year over 30 your metabolism slows down or some crap like that...one of these days I'll have to worry about it.
I didn't really have a problem with that until recently. It seems like my metabolism might have slowed down a bit since the beginning of summer.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

It seems like everyone I know is on a diet and I'm either a freak or it hasn't hit me yet. At any rate, you're really super lucky you don't drink because then you'd just be taking in a bunch of empty calories everyday. That's what I told one friend who was getting fat. I told him to quit drinking a sixpack everynight ...I mean, that's a slew of calories.

Personally I think the trick is excercise. It keeps your metabolism up.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:It seems like everyone I know is on a diet and I'm either a freak or it hasn't hit me yet. At any rate, you're really super lucky you don't drink because then you'd just be taking in a bunch of empty calories everyday. That's what I told one friend who was getting fat. I told him to quit drinking a sixpack everynight ...I mean, that's a slew of calories.

Personally I think the trick is excercise. It keeps your metabolism up.
I don't diet really, but I do try to watch what I eat a bit. I'd like to get more exercise, but it's hard to fit in. I don't have anybody that I can play tennis with on a regular basis, though I've thought about joining a tennis league or something. I"d like to play basketball a couple of times a week, but again there are few options. I could go biking or jogging, but I hate to run and biking is boring if you're by yourself. Oh well, I'll survive.
Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

You're both lucky if you don't have to diet. I'm currently on weight watchers. Woo hoo...
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Starfire wrote:You're both lucky if you don't have to diet. I'm currently on weight watchers. Woo hoo...
I had a girlfriend on that and it was really a good way of eating I thought. When I went and stayed with her I ate what she ate and I found it to be really satisfying...at least it's well rounded Lorene and not the Atkins thing which I swear will kill you.
Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

fluffy wrote:I had a girlfriend on that and it was really a good way of eating I thought. When I went and stayed with her I ate what she ate and I found it to be really satisfying...at least it's well rounded Lorene and not the Atkins thing which I swear will kill you.
So far so good and I'm four weeks in. I'm using the on-line version which is quite handy - you can calculate your points without having to buy a dozen books to look stuff up. And no huggy-huggy meetings. One of their big suggestions is "eat what you like" - and I do.

I did Atkins a couple of years ago. As long as you don't take it to extremes and just eat lots of berries, veggies and lean meat - it's not that bad. It definitely cut the food cravings but it's just not sustainable. The moment you start eating carbs again, you just go nuts and eat all the carby foods that you'd been neglecting (ie. cookies, bread, pasta, etc). Which put me back pretty much where I was when I started. :D
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

enchiladas and orange julias and chocolate musee mmmmmmm
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

chocolate musee?

I'm gonna tell Cheryl you've been having fantasies about her again. :twisted:
I had BBq chicken, corn on the cob, baked beans, carrot cake and vanilla ice cream.
OINK
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote:chocolate musee?

I'm gonna tell Cheryl you've been having fantasies about her

jackass

the day I can spell every word right will bring the end of the universe

http://www.yoplait.com/products_whips.aspx