Your Administrator

Why I like firefox

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

with the adblock properly working this is how I see viewaskew now

Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

I only use Firefox. Is the view of the VA Board much different with Explorer?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Starfire wrote:I only use Firefox. Is the view of the VA Board much different with Explorer?
I use Safari. I just hit page down and the ad goes away so no biggie.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:
Starfire wrote:I only use Firefox. Is the view of the VA Board much different with Explorer?
I use Safari. I just hit page down and the ad goes away so no biggie.
and I could just scroll down with my mouse wheel, the diff. is that I dont have to I dont have to have the advertisments at the top load, nor would someone on dial up.

how it looks normally

Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Re: Why I like firefox

Post by Hella »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:with the adblock properly working this is how I see viewaskew now

That's how I run it on my PC. Now that I am almost exclusively running on my Mac, I ran Firefox for a while but had to give it up. It was way too buggy; my mouse would disappear, and when I used the track pad to scroll up or down pages it would navigate back and forward in my history. Since I don't spend much time on the VA board, not having ad-block isn't as important.

I'm still waiting for the Safari ad-block plugin, though.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

what version of firefox were you running the pc version hasnt been buggy for me.
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:what version of firefox were you running the pc version hasnt been buggy for me.
1.0.7 on my Mac.

The PC version has been flawless for me, but since I went Apple, my PC is a glorified jukebox. :lol:
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Hella wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:what version of firefox were you running the pc version hasnt been buggy for me.
1.0.7 on my Mac.

The PC version has been flawless for me, but since I went Apple, my PC is a glorified jukebox. :lol:
Hi Hella. Preferring Macs to PCs is only natural, but that kind of talk is very grating for Dave. He's been hearing it from me for a long time. I love it.

I use Safari on my mac and haven't really had any problems. It doesn't block the spam at the top of the VA board, but it's not bad.
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

kurt culler wrote:Preferring Macs to PCs is only natural, but that kind of talk is very grating for Dave. He's been hearing it from me for a long time. I love it.
If he's only getting the Mac > PC from us, he's not getting it enough. :P
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Hella wrote:
kurt culler wrote:Preferring Macs to PCs is only natural, but that kind of talk is very grating for Dave. He's been hearing it from me for a long time. I love it.
If he's only getting the Mac > PC from us, he's not getting it enough. :P
True. I've been having that talk with him for years now. You should hear him in person bitch and moan about how "Mac sucks". it's quite amusing. :twisted:
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

just remember your macs are moving to the intel chip and from what word says, runs faster on the intel chip. And someone on a mac needed this PC users help last night
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

I'm one of the few Mac users who will admit to not knowing very much about computers. I know PC's much more, I ever work at my university's computer help desk.

I just prefer Mac's to PC's.

:P
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Hella wrote:I'm one of the few Mac users who will admit to not knowing very much about computers. I know PC's much more, I ever work at my university's computer help desk.

I just prefer Mac's to PC's.

:P
I also prefer Macs to PCs, but I do have a pretty good familiarity with both. I use both machines at work and have a computer science degree. Of course, I also have experience on vic20s, Apple IIs, Unix machines, TRaSh 80s, and a Vax.
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

Rusty wrote:I also prefer Macs to PCs, but I do have a pretty good familiarity with both. I use both machines at work and have a computer science degree. Of course, I also have experience on vic20s, Apple IIs, Unix machines, TRaSh 80s, and a Vax.
I used to play Oregon Trail on the IIe's in grade school...
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Hella wrote:
Rusty wrote:I also prefer Macs to PCs, but I do have a pretty good familiarity with both. I use both machines at work and have a computer science degree. Of course, I also have experience on vic20s, Apple IIs, Unix machines, TRaSh 80s, and a Vax.
I used to play Oregon Trail on the IIe's in grade school...
I remember that game from back in the day. That was fun at the time. The first computer game I ever played was some pirate search game on the TRS Color Computer we had when I was in 5th grade (1980) and it was on a tape drive. My brother and I bought an Apple II+ in 1981 and bought Mystery House, Cranston Manor and a few others. We really got into Cranston Manor. I enjoyed Zork and the other Infocom games and Timeline was really cool. I don't really play computer or video games anymore, though.