sports and sports teams

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:[sarcasm] How did you like those Green Bay Packers? They only had 4 turnovers! That Favre is sure showing off his stuff isn't he![/sarcasm]

AGH AGH
and the Lions play in Green Bay next week - how fun will that game be?
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Rusty wrote:
fluffy wrote:[sarcasm] How did you like those Green Bay Packers? They only had 4 turnovers! That Favre is sure showing off his stuff isn't he![/sarcasm]

AGH AGH
and the Lions play in Green Bay next week - how fun will that game be?
Well it will be fun for you because I feel sure the Lions will win. Is this one of those situations when we bet on which of teams is sure to lose? :P
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
Well it will be fun for you because I feel sure the Lions will win. Is this one of those situations when we bet on which of teams is sure to lose? :P
sounds like it. Since the Lions haven't won in Green Bay since 1991, I bet they'll find a way to lose. They should have won last year, but blew it (as usual).
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Bye bye Darko. It was fun while it lasted and good luck in Orlando.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Can we start talking abut the Olympics in here?
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

This is not View Askew
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

So is that a yes or a no? :P

So get this, yesterday they had the Skeleton race which is basically the luge
face first so essentially the people are racing down the luge course , face first on a sled that looks like a cookie sheet at about 77 M.P.H. and the US dude had a history of depression, alcoholism and tourettes syndrome. They anounced his bio right as he pushed off. Sadly, he didn't medal.
All I could think about was his meeting with the therapist where the Doctor finally says," Oh man, do I have the sport for you!"
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

thats a not sure why your asking permission.

Why would you let a guy like that go face first downa a slide? :P

the first black guy to win a gold.... he seems like a dick :( if you havent seen it he won the long track in speed skating and when interviewed he was just....well he was a dick to the lady interviewing her, he also just dumped the us team and they lost.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:thats a not sure why your asking permission.

Why would you let a guy like that go face first downa a slide? :P

the first black guy to win a gold.... he seems like a dick :( if you havent seen it he won the long track in speed skating and when interviewed he was just....well he was a dick to the lady interviewing her, he also just dumped the us team and they lost.
He seemed okay in a later interview, but he did seem like a real jerk when the lady first interviewed him.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

I got the impression he was angry about something. But I do have to say there is no love lost between members of the US skating team! I mean, they're all in it for themselves and I guess, I'm no one to judge that.

It was a last minute decision for him to pull out of the relay so he'd be fresh to win the gold, which he did...in reality, with the exception of that relay, I don't see speed skating as very much of a team sport.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

The other guys seems to be for the team and , I cant rember his name, but the guy who they expected not to win jack in that same race did the team and won the bronze in that race.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:The other guys seems to be for the team and , I cant rember his name, but the guy who they expected not to win jack in that same race did the team and won the bronze in that race.
Joey Cheek got the silver and donated the $15000 to charity, just like he'd done wit the $25000 he got for an earlier gold medal. Chedrik, the guy who was hoping to win 5 golds, finished 6th and spent a lot of time sniping at Davis for not skating in the team pursuit. The US didn't qualify for the finals in the pursuit.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

The canadian fall in skating looked painful but the look the italian gave her partner was as if she was telling him she was going to kill him.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

The americans won the silver for ice dacing but watching the programs I came to conclusion that I hat Belero
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I watched the last hour of the ladies figure skating and thought it was very entertaining. Sasha Cohen skated an excellent program. I hope she wins the gold on Thursday. I also really liked the last Japanese skater to go - Fumie Siguri - and thought she should have ranked a bit higher than fourth.