Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

25 - American Gods Season 2 - This season wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good or as much fun as the first season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

26 - Carmen Sandiego Season 1 - I never watched the 90s cartoon or played any of the games, but the trailer for this Netflix series looked interesting so I gave it a try. I thought it was a lot of fun. Season 2 comes out this week so I'll watch that as well.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

27 - After Life Season 1 - Ricky Gervais stars as a man named Tony whose wife of 25 years died due to breast cancer the previous year. He has thought about killing himself, but decided to just live with the pain and do whatever he wants. Tony works at the local paper where his wife's brother is in charge. He also visits his elderly father in the nursing home. This show has lots of comedy, but also plenty of drama. I'm looking forward to the second season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

28 - Pandora Season 1 - This summer science fiction series follows a group of Academy students in 2199, including a clone and an alien. There is intrigue, espionage, bigotry and more. It isn't a great show, but I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was as good as Salvation, which ran the last two summers, but it is better than many of the people attacking it make it out to be.

29 - Parks and Recreation Season 1 - I've heard lots of raves about this show so I decided to watch it on Netflix. The first season got better as it went along and I liked it, but didn't love it. I'm not a big fan of the mockumentary style. I'll probably keep watching for now.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

30 - Pennyworth Season 1 - In some ways, the Batman connections seem kind of tacked on, but I did enjoy the show. It is pretty stylish and the alternate 1960s England is interesting.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

31 - Star Trek Discovery Season 2 - This season was very entertaining. I thought that it was even better than the first season. It will be interesting to see what the show is like in the third season. I would love to see a Captain Pike ongoing series that takes place between this season and the Original Series. Anson Mount was great as Captain Pike and Ethan Peck did a very nice job as Spock. Rebecca Romjin had a small role hear as Number One and was good in her limited screentime. At least they show up again in Short Treks.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

32 - Cobra Kai Season 1 - Johnny Lawrence drinks a lot and has a pretty sorry life. Daniel LaRusso is a successful car dealer with his face on billboards and ads on tv. Johnny starts training a kid who lives in his apartment complex and decides to reopen the Cobra Kai dojo. This helps him start to get his life back in order, but there are plenty of obstacles, including his relationship with LaRusso. This was a very entertaining series. The two seem on the brink of repairing their relationship a number of times when misunderstandings and the actions of others get in the way. The focus is also on Daniel's daughter, Johnny's son, Johnny's student and their friends.

33 - Cobra Kai Season 2 - More of the same and another entertaining season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

34 - The Crown Season 3 - Olivia Colman takes over as Elizabeth II and does a nice job though her Elizabeth is a much colder person. The story goes from the mid-60s and the death of Winston Churchill through the Aberfan disaster, the Moon landings, Charles' investiture as Prince of Wales, the death of Elizabeth's uncle through the end of Margaret's marriage in the late 70s. Another well done season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

35 - Zoe Valentine Season 1 - The Valentine family is dealing with the death of the oldest daughter, 16 year old Cleo, from cancer. Her younger sister Zoe is a freshman who is taking junior classes in math. She finds herself more in the spotlight now that her sister is dead with her sister's friends bringing her into their social circle. I thought this was a nice short series.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

36 - The Mandalorian Season 1 - A very entertaining show with nice special effects. A space western set about 5 years after Return of the Jedi.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

1 - Arrow Season 8 - A decent sendoff season to a pretty good show. The whole season was pretty much wrapped up in the Crisis or its aftermath.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

2 - Emergence Season 1 - I loved this mystery/drama about a little girl found by a police chief at a mysterious plane crash. Lots of science fiction elements mixed in as well. It wrapped up nicely in the season finale (though with a bit of a cliffhanger at the very end) and I'm hoping that it gets picked up for another season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

3 - The Good Place Season 4 - I thought they nailed the series finale. It was bittersweet and I'm glad they went 75 minutes to give it time for proper sendoffs. The brief aftershow was nice, too. I'll miss the show, but it went out the way it intended to.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

4 - Beforeigners Season 1 - This first aired last summer on HBO in Norway and is available in the U.S. with subtitles. People from the Stone Age, the Viking Age and the 19th Century start appearing in the oceans amidst flashes of light. Fast forward a number of years and the beforeigners are viewed by many as a drag on society and social services. The main characters are a police detective and his new partner, a former shieldmaiden who has just graduated from the police academy. I binged it over the last couple of days and loved it.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

5 - Avenue 5 Season 1 - This HBO show takes place on a luxury spaceship that has an accident during its voyage which means that they won't be able to return home for at least 3 years. It is a half hour comedy and I thought the first couple of episodes weren't very good, but I grew to enjoy it more as it progressed. Overall, I liked it, even though it isn't a great show.