Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Television Favorites!

Post by fluffy »

I thought I'd start this thread because I know I have some favorite Television shows that I watch weekly and I thought we could share some of those. One of my favorites right now is 24. It really has me roped in.
I watch the CIS shows, Lost, Alias, and O.C. and Desperate Housewives.
That's all I can think of right now.
Does anyone watch the Survivor shows?
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

i catch 24 and lost here and there, enterprise :( is one of my fav. along with scrubs and nova
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:i catch 24 and lost here and there, enterprise :( is one of my fav. along with scrubs and nova
They just ended Enterprise didn't they? I'm sorry Dave.
Hell I still miss Highlander.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

yes they did :( im hoping they dont cancell it or they put it on the scifi channell. i liked the first few seasons of the highlander the original movie was one of my fav movies
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:I thought I'd start this thread because I know I have some favorite Television shows that I watch weekly and I thought we could share some of those. One of my favorites right now is 24. It really has me roped in.
I watch the CIS shows, Lost, Alias, and O.C. and Desperate Housewives.
That's all I can think of right now.
Does anyone watch the Survivor shows?
My brother is a big fan of Survivor, American Idol, and Amazing Race. I can't stand any of the reality tv shows.

I watch CSI and 24 on DVD. The current shows that I watch include Veronica Mars, Scrubs, Smallville, Lost, Alias, Jack and Bobby, Alias, West Wing, Enterprise, and Battlestar Galactica. On HBO, I like Carnivale, Deadwood and Six Feet Under. I also liked Dead Like Me, Jeremiah, and Odyssey 5 on Showtime, but since they all were canceled, I canceled Showtime.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:yes they did :( im hoping they dont cancell it or they put it on the scifi channell. i liked the first few seasons of the highlander the original movie was one of my fav movies
I first saw the Highlander Movie when I was in Scotland in 1989. It was running on the inroom movie channel in my hotel. I was hooked, though I thought the second movie was horrible. The renegade version was beter, but still not great. I bought the first four seasons of the tv show on videotape and enjoyed them. I recently bought all 6 seasons on dvd and ditched my videotapes.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:yes they did :( im hoping they dont cancell it or they put it on the scifi channell. i liked the first few seasons of the highlander the original movie was one of my fav movies
I first saw the Highlander Movie when I was in Scotland in 1989. It was running on the inroom movie channel in my hotel. I was hooked, though I thought the second movie was horrible. The renegade version was beter, but still not great. I bought the first four seasons of the tv show on videotape and enjoyed them. I recently bought all 6 seasons on dvd and ditched my videotapes.
did they have the cut scenes in it when you saw it?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
kurt culler wrote:
Yes, it was the European version. I didn't know about any cut scenes until one of the people at Classic who liked Highlander was talking about them and I realized that they were in the version I had watched.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:
Yes, it was the European version. I didn't know about any cut scenes until one of the people at Classic who liked Highlander was talking about them and I realized that they were in the version I had watched.
you lucky bastard!
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by jennifer stambersky »

i love star trek, i also love one life to live and all my children, king of the hill and all the judges!
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

jennifer stambersky wrote:i love star trek, i also love one life to live and all my children, king of the hill and all the judges!
i hope they dont continue with ending it :(
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:
Okay I didn't even know there was a cut and uncut version.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:
there were a few scenes removed because they believed the american audieance was not able to understand them
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote: Yes, it was the European version. I didn't know about any cut scenes until one of the people at Classic who liked Highlander was talking about them and I realized that they were in the version I had watched.
there were a few scenes removed because they believed the american audieance was not able to understand them
I think many of the cut scenes revolved around Connor's secretary and how he saved her from the nazis during world war II when she was a little girl. There were other scenes too with added footage, including some of the fight scenes. I think most or all of this footage ended up on the director's cut version of the film
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote: I think many of the cut scenes revolved around Connor's secretary and how he saved her from the nazis during world war II when she was a little girl. There were other scenes too with added footage, including some of the fight scenes. I think most or all of this footage ended up on the director's cut version of the film
Okay so when I buy the DVD I definitely have to get the director's cut?
I'm assuming it's available that way?