Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

9 - The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Season 1- I thought this was pretty well done and entertaining. Captain America 4 should be interesting.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

10 - Infinity Train Book One - A young teen named Tulip is having family issues. She ends up boarding a mysterious train where every car is its own world. She also has a number on her hand that goes up or down depending on the choices she makes and personal growth or lack thereof. She gains a couple of companions along the way as well. This was a fun series. Each episode is pretty short (around 11 minutes) and seeing the various worlds is cool. There is plenty of humor and I look forward to watching the later seasons. All four seasons are on HBO Max.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

11 - Debris Season 1 - Debris from an alien craft of some sort has been falling to Earth for a while and each piece causes strange things to happen to the people in the vicinity of where it lands. An American agent and a British agent are partners for a multi-national group investigating these pieces of Debris and trying to find out more about them. The show starts off a bit slow and overall isn't very exciting, though I did really like the two parter that involved jumping to alternate realities. I would probably have continued watching season 2, but the show was cancelled so it won't be back and I won't really miss it either.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

12 - infinity Train Book Two - Mirror Tulip is trying to evade the Mirror Police while also finding a way off the train. She befriends a new passenger named Jesse along with a deer that has assorted powers. I thought this season was a lot of fun. I'd give the edge to the first season, but this one was very good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

13 - WandaVision - I finally got around to watching the last six episodes and I enjoyed it a lot. The first three episodes were good and they set the table, but I liked the later ones a lot more.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

14 - Loki Season 1 - This was pretty entertaining and not exactly what I was expecting going in. Hiddleston is excellent as usual and the supporting cast is also very good. I thought that the ending was a bit of a letdown, but we'll see what happens next season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

15 - Manifest Season 3 - I enjoyed the first two seasons of Manifest. It wasn't great, but it was pretty entertaining. I thought this season was pretty dull and uninteresting overall. There were some parts that weren't as bad, but it seems to have lost whatever spark made it worth watching to me in the earlier seasons. I read that they are in talks to bring it back on Netflix for a fourth season, but I'd be okay if it ended here.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

16 - Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist Season 2 - I finally got around to watching the second half of the season and I enjoyed it a lot. It's a shame that it got cancelled at NBC, but hopefully the Roku 2 hour special deal goes through, is successful, and the show gets another season. The show has a really nice mix of drama, romance, music, and humor plus a nice cast.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

17 - Superman and Lois Season 1 - I enjoyed the show quite a bit. I'm glad that it got renewed for a second season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

18 - Black-ish Season 7 - The show is still fun and I enjoyed it, but I think it is showing its age. It's probably for the best that they are ending after one final season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

19 - Batwoman Season 2 - I enjoyed the second season and like Javicia Leslie as Ryan Wilder. Alice is certainly a different and more vulnerable character this season. There were a few things I didn't like as much, but overall it was good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

20 - Star Trek Lower Decks Season 1 - The show was very funny and also very entertaining. I'm looking forward to watching season 2.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

21 - Miracle Workers: Oregon Trail - This season features the cast as pioneers on their way to Oregon. I enjoyed it, but not as much as the first two seasons.

22 - Over the Garden Wall - I was familiar with the title since there is a comic book based on the mini-series, though I'd never read it. This was a fun series about two brothers who get lost in the woods and have a series of adventures as they try to get home.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

23 - After Life Season 2 - I've never been much of a fan of Ricky Gervais, but I did like the first season of After Life quite a bit. Gervais plays a journalist who is suffering for depression and suicidal thoughts after losing his wife. The first season had a good mix of humor and drama and was very good. The second season wasn't bad, but it seemed to lean much more toward the melancholy and wasn't as entertaining as the first season. I still liked it, but not as much. I'll stick around for season 3 when it airs.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

24 - Snobs Season 1 - A group of traveling nomads set up camp in a park in a city in suburb of Sydney. Many of the people there refer to them as Ferals and treat them with prejudice with some of the kids pulling dirty tricks. Snobs is the name of a dog in the show and also the behavior of the residents. The show is good, though I got tired of the jackass behavior exhibited here, though it did get toned down a bit later in the show.
Last edited by Rusty on Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.