Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

32 - Cloak and Dagger Season 1 - I was never a big fan of the characters, though I did read their comics back in the 1980s. I thought this was a smart and very entertaining season. It far exceeded my expectations.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

33 - The Crown Season 2 - This covers the mid 50s through early 60s with plenty of drama including possible infidelity on the part of Prince Phillip.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

34 - Travelers Season 1 - People in the distant future have their minds sent back in time to the 21st Century in order to avert a terrible future. Their minds overwrite those of people who are about to die and then stop the death from happening. They take over the person's life and form cells to complete missions. The show follows the adventures of one particular cell and I thought it was pretty good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

35 - Salvation Season 2 - The show is overly melodramatic at times and not very realistic, but is still fairly entertaining. This season wasn't as good as the first one, but the show is still watchable. I kind of doubt that it gets picked up for a third season, but we'll see.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

36 - Blackish Season 2 - This season isn't on dvd, but I recorded it now that the show is in syndication. It is just as funny as the first season and was lots of fun.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

37 - Killjoys Season 4 - I didn't think that this season was as entertaining as the first three, but it was still decent.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

38 - Doctor Who Season 11 - I enjoyed the first season with the 13th Doctor. The last episode was probably my least favorite, but overall the series was good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

1 - Star Trek Discovery Season 1 - I enjoyed this season quite a bit. Sonequa Martin-Green does a nice job as Michael Burnham and the rest of the cast was pretty good as well. I didn't care for the new Klingon design, but apparently they will be changing again for season 2. Season 2 starts airing in a couple of weeks, but it will be a year or so until it comes out on dvd before I will see it.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

2 - The Good Place Season 3 - The first season is still my favorite by far, but this season was very good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

3 - Doctor Who (Classic) Series 7 - This is my first time watching full episodes of the old Doctor Who series. This was the first series with Jon Pertwee (the third Doctor). It is certainly much different than the current show since it came out in 1970. The effects are pretty primitive and low budget. The Tardis is not operational during this series. The show isn't bad, but I like the current show a lot more.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

4 - Manifest Season 1 - This series about an airplane that disappears and then somehow returns 5.5 years later with the passengers not having aged was pretty good overall. Hopefully it gets a second season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

5 - The Passage Season 1 - A secret government facility is experimenting with something that may lead to a cure to all diseases. However, it also can turn people into vampires (of a sort) who spread the infection and drink blood. The solution may be in the form of a young girl named Amy who ends up being protected by an agent named Brad. I'm not a big horror fan, but this was entertaining and well done.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

6 - Black Lightning Season 2 - I enjoyed the second season just as much as the first, perhaps even more. Not a great show, but a good one.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

7 - Miracle Workers - This TBS series stars Steve Buscemi as God and Daniel Radcliffe as the only member of the Department of Answered Prayers until he finally gets a partner.. God is basically an idiot and Heaven Inc. is surviving with very little supervision. It wasn't quite as funny as I was expecting, but it was still a fun show.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

8 - The Magicians Season 4 - Another very good (and different) season with a very strong ending. Nicely done.