Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

38 - Star Trek Discovery Season 4 (2021) - I enjoyed this season and it was nice to revisit the characters, but I found this season to be less interesting and compelling than the previous three seasons. Season 2 remains my favorite.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

39 - Star Trek Picard Season 2 (2022) - I enjoyed this season quite a bit. Season 1 might have reached higher highs with a couple of episodes, but this season was much more consistent and cohesive.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

40 - Peacemaker Season 1 (2022) - This was a lot of fun and that the dance during the opening credits is awesome.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

41 - Zootopia+ (2022) - A series of shorts in the world of Zootopia. They were okay.

42 - Julie and the Phantoms (2020) - I rewatched this with my mom. She liked it a lot and I still love the show. It's too bad that Netflix didn't give it a second season.

43 - Baymax! (2022) - Baymax goes around the city and helps people (and animals) who are having health issues in this series of shorts. It wasn't bad.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

44 - Andor Season 1 (2022) - I've been meaning to watch this series for a while. I enjoyed Rogue One a lot when it came out and this was also very good. It's a bit of a slower burn at times with 12 episodes to play with. I'm looking forward to season 2.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

45 - The Santa Clauses (2022) - Tim Allen's Santa is losing his Christmas magic and starts thinking about retirement. However, his successor makes a lot of changes and he may need to return to set things right. This was kind of predictable, but fun.

46 - Undone Season 2 (2022) - In the first season, Alma's life was kind of a mess when she discovered that she might have the ability to influence events and realities in various times. She wants to use this to save her father who died 20 years earlier, but her family is concerned that she might really just be mentally ill. In the second season, the story continues and we find out a lot more about Alma's family as she strives to 'fix' things. The first season was very good and the second is as well. I hope that it gets picked up for a third season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

47 - Lockwood & Co. Season 1 (2023) - In a world where ghosts sometimes return to plague the living, ghost hunting agencies have arisen. Most of the agents are young people since any that have the talent to sense and deal with the ghosts tend to lose the power as they age, though most agencies have adult supervision. Lockwood & Co. features three talented young people who are part of an independent agency trying to make it big. I enjoyed Stroud's Bartimeus series many years ago and picked up the first Lockwood novel, but never got around to reading it. I thought this season was fun. The special effects were good and the three leads each did a nice job. Hopefully it gets picked up for a second season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

48 - National Treasure: Edge of History (2022) - Jess Valenzuela (Lisette Olivera) is a young woman with a great talent for solving puzzles and making connections. Her life is upended when she discovers her late father's obsession with a great treasure related to the Aztec, Inca, and Maya actually has some basis in reality. This is the start of a treasure hunt with the aid of her friends (old and new) with a wealthy villain (Catherine Zeta-Jones) as the main adversary. Harvey Keitel and Justin Bartha reprise their roles from the National Treasure movies in guest roles. I thought it was a lot of fun and people who liked the movies will likely enjoy this as well.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Manifest Season 4 Part 1 (2022) - Two years have passed since the events in Season 3. Angelina is the main villain during this set of 10 episodes. There is now a nationwide registry for 828ers and they have to check in regularly. I thought this season was a big step up from the previous one. I'm hoping that the second half of the season drops soon on Netflix.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

49 - La Brea Season 2 (2022) - This isn't a great show, but I still like it. Bring on the third season, even if it is only 6 episodes.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

50 - Paper Girls Season 1 (2022) - Four paper girls from a small town in 1988 end up involved in a time war and travel to other time periods and have to try and find a way home. I loved the comic and this is a pretty nice adaptation. It's a lot of fun and I wish that it had been renewed for a second season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

51 - Dekalog (1989) - Ten short film inspired by the Ten Commandments. This series aired on Polish tv and is very well done. Each film has its own cast of characters and story, though an apartment block where many of them live ties them together and there are occasional cameos for some characters in another episode. Two of the episodes were expanded and released as individual films - A Short Film About Killing and A Short Film About Love. Kieslowski would later go on to make The Double Life of Veronique and the Three Colors Trilogy.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

52 - Stargirl Season 3 (2022) - This was another good season. It's too bad it is the final one.
Last edited by Rusty on Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

53 - Tamako Market (2013) - This was a nice anime series. Nothing spectacular, but good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

54 - Secrets of Sulphur Springs Season 3 (2023) - The story continues with a vicious ghost from 1947 causing problems in 2020. It's still a fun show and I hope it gets renewed.