Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

56 - Dirk Gently Season 2 - I liked the first season more, but this season was still quite a bit of fun.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

1 - Doctor Who Season 8 - I fell behind on Doctor Who over the past few years, but am now catching up. I didn't care for Peter Capaldi as the Doctor at the start of the season, but liked him more as the season went along. He's still my least favorite of the reboot Doctors. The season overall was goodl
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

2 - Doctor Who Season 9 - This was a decent season, though I still like the earlier Doctors more.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

3 - Doctor Who Season 10 - The end of the Capaldi era was much like the previous two seasons. It was enjoyable and I liked Bill Potts, but it didn't seem to have the feeling of the previous seasons with other Doctors.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

4 - The Gifted Season 1 - This X-Men spinoff focuses on a small group of mutants who are trying to survive in an era where mutants are increasingly being persecuted by the government. I thought this was a really good show and was nicely done.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

5 - Happy Season 1 - Nick Sax is a corrupt former cop who now acts as a hitman. When his daughter is kidnapped around Christmastime, he sets out to find her and ends up teaming up with a small flying blue unicorn named Happy who is his daughter's imaginary friend. This series was crazy, but lots of fun as well. I'm glad it got renewed for a second season. It is based on a comic book series from about five years ago.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

6 - The Good Place Season 2 - The second season was a lot of fun. I think that I liked the first season more overall, but this season had a different tone and showed growth. It was very entertaining.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

7 - Beyond Season 2 - I thought this season started out really slow and I wasn't really into it until around halfway through when it started moving a lot quicker and became much more interesting.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

8 - Altered Carbon - This Netflix show adapts a science fiction book by Richard Morgan. In the distant future, 'stacks' have been invented which allow people to back up their consciousness and memories to a 'stack' and if they die, they can be brought back in a new sleeve (body). One such is Takeshi Kovacs who is brought back after a couple of hundred years in a prison of sorts to solve the murder mystery of a wealthy man who wants to know who killed his previous incarnation. This is a well made and entertaining series.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

9 - The Alienist - TNT's adaptation of the Caleb Carr novel takes place in New York City in 1896 where a serial killer targeting boy prostitutes is on the loose. Teddy Roosevelt is the police commissioner and his assistant partners with a psychologist (alienist), an artist and a couple of young police detectives to track down the killer. They did a very nice job with the series and the acting and the acting is top rate.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

10 - School of Rock Season 3 - The third and final season was much like the first two. Sure it was aimed at kids and didn't have the bite of the movie, but I thought it was fun.

11 - Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 - The finale wasn't bad, though I thought it was kind of anticlimactic after all of the buildup. It will be interesting having Constantine as part of the team next season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

12 - Black Lightning Season 1 - I thought it was a pretty decent series. Black Lightning is about my age and has been retired for a decade or more, but is drawn out of retirement. Then his daughters get powers as well.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

13 - The Magicians Season 3 - This show has been a lot of fun and in some ways this was this season was better than the first two. I loved the musical episode.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

14 - Lost in Space Season 1 - Netflix's reboot of Lost in Space was very entertaining. Now I have the long wait for season 2.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

15 - Krypton Season 1 - This series takes place about 100-200 years before Krypton explodes and deals with his grandfather Seg-El and the events of the day, including a threat from Brainiac. I thought it was pretty good.