Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

27 - Black Sails Season 1 - This series deals with the pirates who operated out of Nassau near the beginning of the 18th Century. It is also a prequel to Treasure Island. The show is pretty graphic with plenty of language and violence. It is also pretty good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

28 - Blackish Season 3 - I was disappointed that Season 2 wasn't released on dvd like the first season. I don't plan on paying to download it from Amazon or ITunes so hopefully it goes on Netflix or dvd eventually. Meanwhile, I enjoyed the third season quite a bit.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

29 - Riverdale Season 1 - A different take on the Archie characters centered around the mystery of Jason Blossom's murder. I enjoyed it.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

30 - The Expanse Season 1 - Hundreds of years in the future, the solar system is heavily colonized, but there are tensions between Earth, Mars and the Belters. An unknown group seems to be trying to start a war. It was a decent series, though I thought the middle episodes were the most interesting.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

31 - Deadwood Season 3 - This season was decent, though it seemed much less compelling than the first two seasons. Maybe this is because I watched those seasons over a decade ago when the show first aired.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

32 - Supergirl Season 2 - I enjoyed the season and think it was on par with the first season even with the move to the CW.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

33 - Flash Season 3 - I enjoyed the season, though the show seems a bit repetitive at times with certain elements repeating from previous seasons.

34 - Arrow Season 5 - The show had a pretty explosive finale. I liked this season and thought they did a pretty good job with Vigilante. Prometheus ultimately turned out to be a bit disappointing, but Adrian Chase was interesting and well acted.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

35 - Into the Badlands Season 2 - I binge watched this over the past few days and loved it. I thought it was just as good as the first season and has a nice mix of martial arts and adventure.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

36 - Insecure Season 1 - This HBO comedy follows the lives of two 29 year old black women who are best friends - Molly is a successful lawyer who has trouble forming a lasting relationship - Issa works for a community outreach organization and is trying to make an impact at work. Issa is in a stable, but boring relationship and she wants a little more excitement in her love life. It was pretty good and the next season starts later this month.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

37 - The Magicians Season 2 - The second season continues from where the first season left off. A lot of the action takes place in Fillory (a Narnia sort of place), though often with a nasty twist thrown in here and there. I thought it was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to the third season next year.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

38 - Genius Season 1 - This 10 part series explores the life of Albert Einstein, from his early days through his death. The first eight episodes spend a lot of time and detail with his relationship with his first wife, second wife and life before moving to the United States in the 1930s. The final two part episode covers the last 20+ years of his life and seemed a bit rushed, but was still a decent wrapping up of a good show. Geoffrey Rush was excellent as Einstein.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

39 - Colony Season 2 - The alien invasion saga continues with the resistance continuing to muck things up in the Los Angeles block. Will Bowman has left the block to search for his younger son who was separated from the family when the aliens arrived. The older son is on his way to a work camp for trying to leave the colony. This was a pretty entertaining season. We find out a little more about the aliens, though not much.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

40 - Outlander Season 1 - This season adapts the first book in Diana Gabaldon's time travel series about a World War II nurse who travels back to the time of the Jacobite Uprising in Scotland in the 1740s. They did a pretty nice job. I'll probably watch the second season later this summer.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

41 - American Gods Season 1 - A pretty entertaining start to the adaptation of Neil Gaiman's classic novel about old and new gods.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

42 - Orphan Black Season 3 - I realized a while back that I had inadvertently watched season 4 without having seen season 3 yet. I enjoyed season 3 quite a bit and have the final season recording on my dvr.