Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

55 - Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles Season 1 (2022) - This takes place hundreds of years in the future and features Yuichi Usagi, a teenage descendant of Miyamoto Usagi who travels to Neo Edo to be a samurai. He soon gains a number of companions who are similar to those of the original Usagi. The series is plenty of fun and knowledge of the Usagi comics isn't really required. I've been watching the show with my mom and she likes it, too.
Last edited by Rusty on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

The Wayne Manifesto (1997) Episodes 1-4,6,8,9,16,19,25,26 - A decent family comedy series starring Jeffrey Walker as Wayne Wilson. His family moves to a new town in a tracked packed with his father's toilet collection. Their new home is missing furniture and fixtures. The show was good, though it doesn't approach Round the Twist. I found it interesting that Walker actually ended up marrying the younger girl who lived next door in the series. The series is pretty much unavailable these days.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

56 - Castaway (2010) - This is a sequel to Trapped, which I watched a decade ago and remember liking. In the first series, a group of kids were trapped at a remote research outpost while their parents were held on a nearby island. In this series, they make it to the island and keep searching for their parents. There are a lot of repetitive situations and behavior here plus a number of dumb decisions. It was okay, but a step down from what I remember.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

57 - Lonesome Dove (1989) - I think that I watched this when it first aired, but I didn't remember much about it. The acting is pretty solid throughout. I thought the first episode was a bit dull, but I got hooked during the second episode. The middle two episodes were the strongest and it petered out a bit toward the end. Still, a very good series.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

58 - The Mysterious Benedict Society Season 1 (2021) - A group of four gifted children are gathered through a testing process by Nicholas Benedict. They are recruited to infiltrate a strange school where a nefarious plan may be in action. I liked the set design and aesthetic quite a bit. I think they did a pretty good adaptation of the first book in the series, though it has been many years since I read the book.

59 - The Gruen Transfer Season 1 (2008) - This show features a host plus a panel of advertising experts. They dissect actual ads, talk about advertising strategies, create mock ads for unsellable things (things like invading New Zealand, promoting global warming, etc.). There's plenty of humor and it's a fun show.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

60 - The Mysterious Benedict Society Season 2 (2022) - The second season wasn't as much fun as the first one, but it was nice to revisit the characters and I did enjoy it. Mr. Benedict and Number Two are being held by Benedict's brother who is continuing with his plots. The children travel to Europe on their own to try and save him.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

61 - Outriders (2001) - A teenage girl from Germany spends 6 weeks in Australia at her aunt's horse riding school near a national park. Several teens who got into some trouble at home are boarding at the school. The group of teens have a series of adventures over the course of the series. It was pretty good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

62 - Gunsmoke Season 1 (1955) - Marshal Matt Dillon takes care of the law in Dodge City, Kansas. This is my first time watching the show and I enjoyed it. It's a pretty good show and I liked it more as it went along and I became familiar with the main cast. I imagine that I'll get back and watch season 2 eventually. I'm curious how different the show became after it went to a full hour in season 7.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

63 - Ghosts Season 2 (2022) - This was another fun season. I'm glad that it got renewed for a third season already and hope that it gets more beyond that. I still need to watch the original British version, but will get around to that sooner or later.

64 - Ocean Star (2003) - A group of kids look for a ship that sunk 40 years earlier with a unique star shaped pearl on board. It started a bit slow, but wasn't bad.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

65 - Ted Lasso Season 3 (2023) - I've read that there have been some mixed reviews for the final season and some of the characters certainly had their ups and downs, but I thought it was very good and the final episode was excellent.

66 - Mythic Quest Season 1 (2020) - I was a little slow getting into this comedy series about life at a videogame company, but by the end of the season, I was enjoying it.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

67 - Drops of God (2023) - This is a very nice adaptation of the manga series, though the testing phase was considerably shortened and there were a number of other changes. I still enjoyed the series quite a bit.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

68 - M*A*S*H Season 5 (1976) - This was one of my favorite series back in the 1970s/1980s and I watched the new episodes and reruns regularly. I've probably seen every episode multiple times, but hadn't watched the show in a long time before finally digging out my dvds and watching the first four seasons a while back, I'm finally getting around to watching the next few seasons and the show is still fun.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

69 - Quincy Season 2 (1977) - For a coroner, Quincy sure got into a lot of scrapes. I liked this series a lot when it aired back in the 1970s/80s and would watch it pretty regularly. I watched my first season dvds a few years ago and enjoyed them. The second season is also pretty entertaining.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

70 - Emergency! Season 1 (1972) - The season was good, but wasn't as interesting as some of the other shows that I've seen from that era. I'll probably watch the second season eventually, but am not in any hurry to continue.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

71 - M*A*S*H Season 6 (1977) - I wasn't a big fan of Frank Burns when I first watched the show, but I grew to have an appreciation for the character over time. Still, it was probably a good thing that his character was replaced after Season 5 since his antics were starting to seem kind of repetitive. His replacement with Charles Emerson Winchester was a welcome change. David Ogden Stiers was very good in that role. Also, without Burns around, Margaret was more free to develop as a character.