Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

52 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) - Jedi hunters come up with a way to lure Obi-Wan out of the desert. There was certainly plenty of action here and there. The girl that played young Leia was good. Overall, I enjoyed the series quite a bit.

53 - Ms. Marvel (2022) - I enjoyed this series a lot. Iman Vellani nailed it as Kamala Khan. I also liked her family and the rest of the supporting cast. I'm a fan of the comic book and this was good, even with some of the changes that they made. I think that the series would have benefited a lot if it had been a longer season, perhaps 13 episodes or longer, but they did pretty well with what they had.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

54 - Moon Knight (2022) - I've never been a big fan of Moon Knight, though I still have his first series and collected the second series once upon a time. I didn't go in with high expectations, but Oscar Isaac was excellent in his roles and Mia Calamawy was also very good. I liked this one a lot.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

55 - Paranoia Agent 1-13 (2004) (320 minutes) - A tv series from Satoshi Kon. A boy nicknamed 'Lil Slugger' goes around attacking people with a bent golden bat, but is he real or something else. This was very good, though I thought there was a bit of a lull during a couple of the later episodes.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

56 - Planet Earth - This was a cool min-series with great visuals from all over the planet. The diary entries at the end of each episode were cool, too.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

57 - Baseball (1994,2010) - This Ken Burns series was pretty good overall, though a bit too New York/Boston centric at times. They did a good job with the Negro Leagues and integration plus the labor movement and a number of other stories. The Tenth Inning seemed different than the original nine episodes, though. I also didn't like how Burns slandered Ty Cobb a number of times by repeating Al Stump's lies.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

58 - Planet Earth II - A very nice sequel series. My favorite episodes were Cities and Islands.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

59 - Cosmos: A Personal Voyage (1980) - I enjoyed this quite a bit. Carl Sagan does a nice job hosting and discussing the science involved. We also get quite a bit of history during the series. The Arecibo Telescope was mentioned and shown during one of the later episodes and it is kind of sad how that telescope met its end a couple of years ago.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

60 - Ted Lasso Season 1 (2020) - Jason Sudeikis stars as an American football coach who is brought to England to coach a team in the Premier League, even though he has little understanding of the game. It was a lot of fun.
Last edited by Rusty on Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

61 - Ted Lasso Season 2 (2021) - The second season was fun. It was good to spend more time with the characters. The addition of the psychiatrist was good.
Last edited by Rusty on Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

1 - See Season 1 (2019) - A virus wiped out most of humanity in the future and now hundreds of years later there are only a couple of million people alive. The virus also took the sight from the survivors and sight is only a myth now. Then two babies who can see are born in a mountain tribe and others hunt for them as witches. Jason Momoa stars, but the supporting cast is very good and the show is pretty entertaining.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

2 - See Season 2 (2021) - Overall, I liked the second season, though pretty much every scene that had Queen Sibeth in it was grating. There was quite a bit of fighting going on during the season. I liked some of the new characters like Harlan, Toad, and Wren. I didn't like a few of the story choices the showrunners made.
Last edited by Rusty on Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

3 - See Season 3 (2022) - I liked this season more than the 2nd and it had a very nice series finale.
Last edited by Rusty on Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

4 - Infinity Train Season 3 (2020) - This season focuses on the journey of Grace and Simon. It was good, but I liked the first two seasons more.

5 - Infinity Train Season 4 (2021) - This season is a flashback to an earlier time and features two friends who each have their issues. It's too bad that the show got cancelled early.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

6 - Star Trek Lower Decks Season 2 (2021) - More fun animated adventures with the crew of the USS Cerritos.

7 - Chocky (1984) - A 12 year old boy named Mathew starts hearing a voice in his head. It turns out to be the consciousness of an alien scout that he names Chocky. She asks him a lot of questions about various things on Earth and helps him at times. The boy's parents are concerned about the situation, but there isn't much that they can do. It's a pretty good series.

8 - Ark (2009) - A 1950s astronaut and a teacher from a later time period wake up aboard a mysterious giant spaceship and try to figure out what is going on and how they got there. This web series didn't last too long and had some potential, but is too short to really accomplish much.
Last edited by Rusty on Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

9 - Chocky's Children (1985) - Matthew spends the summer with his aunt and is doing well, even though he is no longer in contact with Chocky. He makes a new friend in Albertine, a neighbor girl with talents similar to Matthew's own. This is a nice sequel series.

10 - Chocky's Challenge (1986) - This series is a step down from the first two. Matthew hardly appears in it and the series focuses more on Albertine and several new kids as they work to develop a device to capture cosmic radiation. It's not bad, but not as good as what came before.

11 - Annedroids Season 1 (2014) - Anne is a preteen inventor who lives in a junkyard and has created a varied group of androids. Nick is a kid who moves in across the street and becomes friends with Shania who lives nearby and the two also become friends with Anne. The show is fun and also mixes in a ton of real science in an entertaining way, including information on ways to generate electricity, prisms, rainbows, sound waves, and much more.