Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

33 - Monsters at Work Season 1 (2021) - This is a workplace comedy about a Monsters University graduate who gets accepted as a scarer and arrives at Monsters, Inc. on the day they are switching to laugh power instead of scare power. He gets relegated to working with the facilities team and hopes to become a jokester instead. It took me a couple of episodes to warm to the characters, but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit by the end, though not as much as the movies. John Goodman and Billy Crystal reprise their roles, but tend to be more in a supporting role, though they do take center stage on occasion.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

34 - DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 6 (2021) - This is still a fun show.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

35 - DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 7 - Hopefully it gets renewed for an eighth season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

36 - The Wheel of Time Season 1 (2021) - This series was kind of slow at times. Overall I thought it was decent and I'll check out the second season when it arrives, but it could have been better.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

37 - Batwoman Season 3 (2021) - I think the shorter season (13 episodes) works better for this show. I liked the first two seasons and enjoyed this one as well. It's a bit more focused with Batwoman's mother and brother plus Renee Montoya and Poison Ivy each playing significant roles.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

38 - Ordinary Joe (2021) Season 1 - Joe has a decision to make when he graduates from college in 2011. The show follows three parallel timelines based on the decision that he makes. In one timeline, he finds out that his college sweetheart is pregnant, they marry, and he becomes a nurse. In a second timeline, he follows the path of his father and uncle and becomes a police officer. In the third timeline, he follows his dream and becomes a rock star. The characters in all three timelines are pretty much the same, but they have very different lives and situations. The show was a bit boring at the beginning, but I enjoyed it a lot more for the next 7 or 8 episodes. I thought it got a bit worse near the end, though. It isn't a big surprise that it didn't get renewed.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

39 - Early Edition Season 1 (1996) - A stockbroker named Gary wakes up one morning to a cat outside his door with the morning paper. However, it turns out to be the next morning's newspaper and he uses the stories in the paper as a guide to helping those who need it that day. It's pretty entertaining.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

40 - Ferris Bueller Season 1 (1990) - This show isn't as good as the movie, but I thought it was a pretty good tv show and certainly much better than it's IMDb rating. It also has Jennifer Aniston in an early role as Ferris' sister. I guess the show lost out in comparison to Parker Lewis Can't Lose, which I haven't seen. This show only lasted for 13 episodes.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

41 - Early Edition Season 2 (1997) - Chuck can be annoying at times (by design), but the show is still fun.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

42,43 - Aquila Seasons 1,2 (1997,1998) - Two boys are digging for treasure in a moor in Wales when they come across a cavern which contains the skeleton of a Roman Centurion and a small alien ship. They decide to keep the ship a secret, figure out how it works and have adventures. It's a fun and fast paced show.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

44,45 - Back to the Future Animated Series Seasons 1,2 (1991,1992) - The show focuses on the (mis)adventures of Doc Brown, his sons Jules and Verne, and Marty. Christopher Lloyd has a short live action segment at the beginning and end of each segment with Bill Nye doing science stuff during the end segment. The antagonists are often Biff Tannen or one of his ancestors. It isn't as good as the live action movies, but for Saturday morning fare, it is okay.

46 - Space Cases Season 2 (1996) - The second season was a step down from the first season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

47 - Early Edition Season 3 (1998) - Chuck left the show so the dynamic changed a bit, but it is still much the same. The paper seems to have made Gary pretty neurotic.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

48 - Bonanza Season 1 (1959) - I used to watch reruns of Bonanza when I was a kid, but I'd never watched it from the beginning. It's a nice western and I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

49 - Ghosts Season 1 (2021) - A woman inherits an old mansion and she and her husband decide to turn it in to a bed and breakfast. They aren't aware that the house has many ghosts of people who died there. The woman gains the power to see and talk with the ghosts and that changes the lives of all involved. This is a nice new comedy series. I have to check out the British version that it is based on.

50 - Black-ish Season 8 (2022) - I thought the season didn't start out very well with the celebrity guest appearances and the story. It got better, though, and started being more about family and life changes - Jack & Diane choosing a college, Dre thinking of leaving his job, Dre's parents moving out, etc. The show was showing its age (and had been for a while), but it ended well.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

51 - Superman & Lois Season 2 (2022) - Another pretty good season. I've stopped watching the other CW DC shows, except for Supergirl, not that there are many of these shows left.