Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

41 - Watchmen Season 1 - I bought the Blu-Ray set last week and finished watching it this morning. I think it started out a bit slow, but soon became very good. Overall, I think it is an excellent show. Maybe not quite as good as some of the reviews, but still very nicely done.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

42 - Escape from Jupiter - This Australian show from the 1990s starts out on Io where a scientific outpost is endangered by earthquakes and volcanic activity. The main characters are five kids on the outpost along with their parents and other adults. The group has to escape from the outpost back to Earth aboard a jury rigged space station. There are plenty of obstacles along the way, including some created by or solved by the kids. I thought the show was fun and the special effects were generally pretty good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

43 - Return to Jupiter - This sequel to Escape from Jupiter takes place a few years later. Four of the kids from the first series (leaving out the most annoying one) set off to travel to Ganymede to be reunited with their parents. They pick up another annoying kid in the form of a stowaway. This series is really bad, unfortunately. There are a couple of cartoonish villains through the last 2/3 of the season, an annoying robot, stupid decisions and more that make it a bad show, which was disappointing.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

44 - Stargirl Season 1 - I thought this show was a lot of fun and a pretty nice adaptation of the comics. I'm looking forward to season 2, but I hope that the move to the CW doesn't lead to big cuts in the cast or production values.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

45 - The Alienist Season 2 - An alienist (psychiatrist), reporter and female private detective team up to try and solve a case of kidnapped babies in New York City in 1897. I didn't thin that this season was quite as good as the first season, but it was still pretty good. I wonder if they will continue the show beyond the two Caleb Carr novels that they adapted.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

46 - The Girl from Tomorrow Season 1 - In the year 3000, time travel has been invented and they send a time bubble back to the 25th Century to try and learn more about the time of troubles that cost them some of their knowledge about history. A 25th Century criminal returns with the bubble and kidnaps a teenage girl as they travel back to the 20th Century. The girl makes friends, but just wants to go home. I thought it was a decent show.

47 - National Geographic's Lost Cities - This show had lots of good visuals and was interesting, but it wasn't really as compelling as I was expecting. The host visited a number of sites around the world and used lidar and augmented reality to get an idea what cities may have looked like long ago.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

48 - Swamp Thing Season 1 - I enjoyed this series quite a bit and am sorry that it got cancelled after 10 episodes. Hopefully it does really well on the CW and gets a second chance. The special effects were really good. Crystal Reed was excellent as Abby Arcane and the rest of the cast was really good, too. I liked seeing Dan Cassidy/Blue Devil in there, too.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

49 - The Girl from Tomorrow Season 2 - After starting out back in the year 3000, it is discovered that the past has changed. Most of the action takes place back in the years 1990 and 2500 to try and prevent the Great Disaster from happening and to restore the future to the way it should be. I thought that it was just as good as the first season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

50 -The Genie From Down Under Season 1 - A 13 year old British girl named Penelope finds an old opal necklace in the attic of her family's mansion. The opal contains two genies (a father and son) who will grant unlimited wishes, but really just want to get back to Australia. Penelope has her own plans, but many of her wishes are intentionally misinterpreted and go awry. I thought it was fun.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

51 - Veronica Mars Season 4 (aka Hulu Season 1) - I thought that this season was a lot of fun overall. This was one of my favorite shows back in the mid-2000s and it was good to see the characters again, even if most of the original supporting cast didn't have much to do. I'm not a huge fan of the ending, though.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

52 - Julie and the Phantoms Season 1 - Julie is a 16 year old girl who lost her mother a year ago and since then has been unable to play music. When three ghosts who died 25 years earlier before their band's gig suddenly return, they befriend Julie and form a band, helping bring music back into Julie's life and healing her pain. I thought that this was a very fun series and the music was great.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

53 - Hanna Season 2 - An excellent second season for this Amazon Prime series.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

54 - Foreign Exchange Season 1 - This Australia/Ireland coproduction has a teenage boy named Brett in Perth, Australia discovering a strange portal in the cellar of his family's restaurant. When he goes through the portal, he finds himself in the cellar of a really old boarding school in Galway, Ireland. He makes friends with a girl at the school named Hannah and the two proceed to spend a lot of time travelling back and forth between the two locations. Brett gets a job at the school to cover his appearances there and Hannah becomes friends with Brett's family. I thought it was a fun show. Too bad it didn't get renewed for a second season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

55 - Breaking Away Season 1 - Shaun Cassidy took over the role of Dave Stoller for the tv adaptation of the 1979 movie. Barbara Barrie and Jackie Earle Haley reprised their roles as Dave's mother and Moocher, respectively. I loved the movie and think that they did an excellent job on this series. The events take place a year earlier than the movie, starting with Dave and his friends graduating from high school. Unfortunately, the show was canceled after only 7 episodes (plus one more that was aired later) due to low ratings. Dominique Dunne appears in four episodes as a friend that Dave makes at the university.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

56 - Short Treks Season 2 - More short episodes relating to Discovery, Picard and other parts of the Star Trek universe.