Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Well I also just watched The House of Sand and Fog.
What a sad film. I know it's old, but wow, what an incredible movie.
Somehow I felt as though Jennifer Connelly really didn't deserve that house.
The Colonel and his family seemed to have so much more honor somehow.

Anyway hopefully on Friday I'll be going to see Million Dollar Baby
in Guatemala City, if it's still playing.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Well it looks like Million Dollar Baby isn't playing in the City, so I'm going to see the treasure movie with Nicholas Cage which sorta looks to be Indiana Jones-ish.
I'll let you know what when I get back tonight.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote:Well it looks like Million Dollar Baby isn't playing in the City, so I'm going to see the treasure movie with Nicholas Cage which sorta looks to be Indiana Jones-ish.
thats just now showing there!?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Well it looks like Million Dollar Baby isn't playing in the City, so I'm going to see the treasure movie with Nicholas Cage which sorta looks to be Indiana Jones-ish.
I thought National Treasure was a fun movie, especially since I visited most of the East Coast sites that were featured during my trip last summer. I went to Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York. I didn't visit any underground treasure troves, though. :lol:

On another note, here is a site for a short 'home' movie that I thought was pretty cool

http://abfhm.free.fr/basket.htm
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:
I thought National Treasure was a fun movie, especially since I visited most of the East Coast sites that were featured during my trip last summer. I went to Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York. I didn't visit any underground treasure troves, though. :lol:

On another note, here is a site for a short 'home' movie that I thought was pretty cool

notice how shes in pain but shes ignored? :( wtf man?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
kurt culler wrote: On another note, here is a site for a short 'home' movie that I thought was pretty cool

notice how shes in pain but shes ignored? :( wtf man?
One of them does ask if she's okay toward the end, but they do seem sort of unaware that she banged her head on the rim. I found the original at

http://pumpupthemovie.com/

where you can also play a game where you toss the cheerleader into the net or onto a trampoline or into the scoreboard, etc. It was kind of a fun game for a while
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
Yeah can you believe it? So is Jersey Girl and Ocean's Twelve
but that's not all.
So I get there and and I find out the film is dubbed in Spanish.
Out of all the options I decided to see Blade:Trinity, which I expected to be horrible.
I actually really enjoyed it. I know everyone said Goyer made a mess of it but I liked it much better than Blade II.
That could be due to the fact that I had no expectations or that I thoroughly enjoyed Ryan Reynolds. Either way, welcome to the joys of third world theater experiences.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote: I thought National Treasure was a fun movie, especially since I visited most of the East Coast sites that were featured during my trip last summer. I went to Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York. I didn't visit any underground treasure troves, though. :lol:

Thanks, I'll try and watch it when I get home this afternoon.
I'm really disappointed to not have seen National Treasure, but I've got to find a theater that shows it in English.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote: One of them does ask if she's okay toward the end, but they do seem sort of unaware that she banged her head on the rim. I found the original at

http://pumpupthemovie.com/

where you can also play a game where you toss the cheerleader into the net or onto a trampoline or into the scoreboard, etc. It was kind of a fun game for a while
Well I just watched it and I thought it was pretty funny.
Does that make me sick?
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:
but that's not all.
Out of all the options I decided to see Blade:Trinity, which I expected to be horrible.
I actually really enjoyed it. I know everyone said Goyer made a mess of it but I liked it much better than Blade II.
That could be due to the fact that I had no expectations or that I thoroughly enjoyed Ryan Reynolds. Either way, welcome to the joys of third world theater experiences.
i wanted to see it because john doe was in it (blade)
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote: i wanted to see it because john doe was in it (blade)
Wesley Snipes? Yes he was his same old very angry self.
Really kept to character. I really liked this movie, I recommend it Carp.
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

fluffy wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:
but that's not all.
every1's seen blade, and i havent gotten to the movies in a while, all you guys/gurls have a CAR, and juz drive there n e time.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

azianboi044 wrote:
fluffy wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote: thats just now showing there!?
but that's not all.
every1's seen blade, and i havent gotten to the movies in a while, all you guys/gurls have a CAR, and juz drive there n e time.

i havent seen it
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
azianboi044 wrote:

i havent seen it
Okay, then maybe you should take him Dave.
Wait, how far away do you live from each other?
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:
azianboi044 wrote:

i havent seen it
Okay, then maybe you should take him Dave.
Wait, how far away do you live from each other?
600 miles