Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Re: Movies

Post by Hella »

Sweet!

I think my favorite part of the movie was Joker at the hospital. Hopefully I will be able to go back and see it again soon, and in IMAX.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Spoiler:
when he left the hospital and had to get the detonator working again was hilarious
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

Yeah, that was great, it probably got the biggest laugh out of the crowd, too.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:710:
49 - The Mist - 7/10 - A mist rolls into town after a powerful storm and a group of people get trapped in a supermarket while creatures seem to roam the mists. I thought the movie was good, though I couldn't stand Mrs. Carmody and I didn't care for the ending that much.

:710:
50 - Tropic Thunder - 7/10 - A big budget action movie goes awry while filming in VIetnam and the stars find themselves in real danger when they venture out into the jungle. I thought the beginning was a bit weak, but the movie has lots of humor. Not a perfect movie, but still plenty of fun. Tom Cruise is very funny in his small role.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Who was Mrs. Carmody?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:Who was Mrs. Carmody?
She was a religious nut who became more important as the story went along.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:7510:
51 - The Kite Runner - 7.5/10 - Amir is a boy growing up in Afghanistan when he and his father have to flee the country due to the Russian invasion. They move to California where they embrace the American way of life while still remaining true to the old ways. Amir has to return to Afghanistan when something important comes up during the time of the Taliban. I thought this was a pretty good movie. I haven't read the book, but the story is well told and interesting as well.

:1010:
52 - Batman: The Dark Knight - 10/10 - A taut, well made thriller. Ledger was excellent as The Joker (as most people have been saying). Aaron Eckhart did a wonderful job as Harvey Dent and Christian Bale was again very good as Batman. I didn't think Maggie Gyllenhall was quite as good as Rachel Dawes, but she did a serviceable job. The movie kept my attention for the full 2.5 hours.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

The one thing I dont understand is why Batman took the fall for the two guys that two face offed, why not just say it was someone else, maybe the joker or just some hit man?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:The one thing I dont understand is why Batman took the fall for the two guys that two face offed, why not just say it was someone else, maybe the joker or just some hit man?

They probably just wanted to set Batman up for the next movie as a hunted person so they overlooked that option.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

they should have come up with a better idea...
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

We saw TDK again but this time in IMAX. The IMAX scenes (4 or 5 total, I think) looked amazing. The sequence in Hong Kong was breathtaking on that giant screen. The sound was also much better.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:810:
53 - Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - 8/10 - I thought this movie was a lot of fun with really nice special effects. The kids who played Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy did a good job in their roles, showing the confidence they gained from their earlier years in Narnia. I liked it just as much as the first movie and am looking forward to Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Did they fall out of the cabinet again after years of forgetting where they were from?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:Did they fall out of the cabinet again after years of forgetting where they were from?
That's how the first movie and book ended and then the cabinet wouldn't work anymore for them. This takes a year after they get back and they get to Narnia from a subway station.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I thought the cabinet was the gate?